Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alter-egos

After a lot of consideration, I have determined that alter-egos are the demense of the suggestive function.

Each type has a specific alter-ego:
    • LII is the judge of right and wrong
    • ESE is the smartest
    • ILE is hip and cool
    • SEI is genius
    • SLI is visionary
    • IEE is the savior of mankind
    • EII is ruler of the universe
    • LSE can do anything
    • ESI is rich
    • LIE is the judge of fairness
    • ILI is unaccountable to anyone
    • SEE is in total control
    • IEI is invincible
    • SLE is always right
    • LSI is a perfect saint
    • EIE is the ultimate leader

Particularly in times of personal stress, these archetypes become stronger and are used as defensive mechanisms against criticism, particularly with regard to super-ego functions.

Do these jive?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    After a lot of consideration, I have determined that alter-egos are the demense of the suggestive function.

Each type has a specific alter-ego:
    • LII is the judge of right and wrong
    • ESE is the smartest
    • ILE is hip and cool
    • SEI is genius
    • SLI is visionary
    • IEE is the savior of mankind
    • EII is ruler of the universe
    • LSE can do anything
    • ESI is rich
    • LIE is the judge of fairness
    • ILI is unaccountable to anyone
    • SEE is in total control
    • IEI is invincible
    • SLE is always right
    • LSI is a perfect saint
    • EIE is the ultimate leader

Particularly in times of personal stress, these archetypes become stronger and are used as defensive mechanisms against criticism, particularly with regard to super-ego functions.

Do these jive?
    It seems reasonable that the "alter ego" is associated with the dual block. You mentioned that it comes from the suggestive function, but if that were the case, you'd only have 8, so I think you mean both dual block functions?

I suspect you got these from looking simply at the dual type and then making a slightly more "primitive" version of it. But any other information on your method here would probably make this list easier to interpret.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI one is spot on to me. I don't know if some of these other ones are. You'd be best to get input from people that are actually here to study socionics (not habitually berate the theory or others for studying or talking about it) and actually know their type.

You're basically representing these into semi-dual archetypes?

i.e.
    LII-(Fe-Ni) is the judge of right and wrong
    ?

If so, some of these seem like they may be off by looking at the semi-dual ego functions. But I wouldn't change the IEI one.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnathan: Not at all. It came from seeing a lot of people put huge personal emphasis on the supposed "sufficiency" or "superiority" of their dual-seeking function. And I mean this in 16-element terms, not 8. LII looks to alpha Fe, LSI looks to beta Fe, etc.

This explains cockiness in general, I think. Can you think of anybody who thinks of themselves as "never in the wrong", or "always right about everything?" And what about ENTP narcissism?

But I realized something important: this list could become a dating goldmine. It's like a guide for ego-stroking.

One of the things that led me to this realization was consideration of Obama's bragging during an interview last year that he was "a contributor of ideas" to the policy debates in his administration. This despite the fact that he is a realist (Fareed Zakariah offered a very strong case for that premise today).

@sleep: Basically LIIs see themselves as these morally incorruptible people who are the standards of virtue against which all others are to be judged. This can be true, or not... but it's very hard to persuade an LII that what they are doing is unethical once they set their mind to doing it. LSIs are even worse in this regard... they believe they have right and good "on their side" and feel no compunction in their use of force against those who disagree. Take Saddam as an example, or even Stalin.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 07-10-2011 at 06:12 AM.