Thread: The Clinical Attitude Toward Arguments

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be a happier person if this forum and the world at large followed this attitude.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds slow and boring.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Spending money actually has a much higher 'ripple effect' and 'after burn' effect that you're giving it credit for.

And not voting is probably just being naive, okay so they are trying to pressure you but all these things effect how enjoyable your experience is when you're out there in the world. Not everybody is trying to just terrify you to staying home all day and being controlled, but a lot of people are.

If you personally believe in something you have the power to support it. Not just love it. A lot of people will try to support somebody without loving them, and try to love somebody without supporting them. The two go hand in hand.

I guess corporations at first, 'the machine' sounds like some unhuman thing that isn't caring about your real pain but the money spent towards things you buy actually encourages people to help you more, not less.

The pressure is on the creators to create stuff that the consumers want to buy and not be disconnected from their audience, or the flow will be cut off, they'll stop getting the money they want, and the consumers will stop getting the things that they want. Then it will be back to 'everybody trying to get along on a more farier playing ground' but that just drives people suicidal and insane. Like forced public schooling.

Anybody that is hateful to me, I will naturally refuse whatever it is they're trying to sell me. I will just stop giving them money and stop contact with them. of course they will just troll people that actually like them. Good for them. But there is a way for money and a heart going hand in hand, you just have to sorta be kinda assertive yourself. If you just throw it up everywhere like my esfj mother does without thinking through things a little bit then I'm afraid you will get exploited by people who are just using you. But there's another way.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just sense the strategy you're looking for in life is to align yourself with people in power that actually 'have your back emotionally.'

You just have to realize, OP, that the two go hand in hand and they are not opposites or conflicting with each other.

Yes, it will make you feel like a used up whore pussy if you align yourself with those in power that are out to exploit you, use you and don't have your best interests at heart.

But not everybody with power is like that. It's a more shared experience. Lightening up a little will help you realize that, I think.

You can't just overthrow everybody in authority all at once. It won't work like that, as well-intentioned as that is. As for being clinical or whatever. I don't really agree. I think 'lightening up' is always the better approach when dealing with any sort of hard-nosed narcissist that's hard to get along with. There's really not much you can do other than that. You alone won't be able to dethrone them. You won't be able to inflict pain on them like they can on you. The only way you can save yourself, from the class you were born in this world, is to learn to find the humor in things.