Thread: Type my friend

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my friend.

I'll mention my typing of her later. Wanna get some opinions first.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Uhm, I'm really not unsure of my type. I suppose my Sociotype is debatable, and there's a comparatively silly argument that I have my perceiving functions mistyped, but other than that I'm really quite sure of my type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn to make an impact on the world, to change it for the better however I can. I yearn to help others, to make their lives better than they were yesterday. Paradoxically, I also yearn for a nice, comfortable life and a family to care for.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I'm at my finest, I'm caring, considerate, willing to help, motivated to get as much done as possible in the most thorough way leaving nothing unturned. I guess I just naturally feel this way at times, though interaction with others increases it as does having a goal to accomplish. I don't do well aimlessly wandering without an end goal.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I don't feel "inferior" really, aside from some people having natural strengths that I don't have or unfair gains that I'm not willing to obtain. Even these don't make me feel lesser, just different and not as skillful in a certain area. For example, even if I may not have as much money as someone else, I have other strengths that make up for it. In general, I feel the same as everybody else, on an equal field.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Hmm... first, I judge whether I can conceivably accomplish it. Then I think of how to reach that end, and whether the means would justify these ends logically and ethically.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

My emphasis tends to be on attaining the end goal in the most effective and just way possible. If it's a group project, I'm also typically the one mediating disputes and calming people down so we can all work together. I like control of the outcome to be generally democratically decided, but I do need to agree with the end in order to really integrate with the group and accomplish anything.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I saw Cruachan live last week! THEY WERE AMAZING! I remember it perfectly, all of the people in the crowd cheering, the band playing, uhm... it was fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Hm, I'd say a combination of theorizing and hands-on. I like to theorize, learn the core precepts of a concept so that I can understand how everything logically flows from it. I then like to do something with that knowledge, which helps me gain real-world understanding of how it applies to daily life. I consider the last bit the most important bit of any knowledge by far.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Veeeeery organized. Everything needs to be neat and tidy, with nothing out of place.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Well, as I said above, my focus is mostly on understanding the underlying principles. If it's something that would epistemologically require empirical proof, like most things in biology or something, then I do look for empirical proof.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

If a group conflicts with my beliefs, I do tend to oppose the group. I don't simply go along with whoever I'm talking to for the sake of it. My ideals are very important to me, and I preach them like a frenzied pastor. I do identify greatly with groups based around ideals that I agree with, though. My church comes to mind.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking, generally, at least in debates. I like to express an actual point, rather than blurting things out for the sake of blurting things out. In casual discussion I'm more prone to saying whatever is on my mind, but I do still check what I'm saying to make sure it won't come across as unnecessarily mean when there's no need for meanness. I prefer group discussions, really.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping. Like I said above, I need an end goal. Action does speak louder than words though, but action is also aimless without words. Words inspire beneficial action, rather than chaotic, anarchic, and destructive action.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Ooooh, tough one! It really depends on my mood at the time. Generally I go out with my friends, though.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I figure out how to solve the stressful situation and then proceed to do so. Ignoring the problem does not make the problem go away.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Uncouth degeneracy, inability to think straight, overtly hateful bile, complete amorality.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Mmm, philosophy, religion, politics, economics, music, day to day things too! All sorts of subjects, intellectual and mundane.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Hm... I don't pay much attention to the general chavvish "social scene" and socializing with everyone. I love talking to people, but people that annoying are more trouble than they're worth. I'm just, um, not very fond of their behavior.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My friends perceive me as sweet, caring, intelligent, kind of deep and philosophical but still very down to earth and realistic, a bit nerdy, extremely emotionally charged. This is mostly right, but I'm more than "a bit" nerdy. I don't look it, but I'm a massive Tolkien-geek. My friends would never call me shallow, unsympathetic, or lazy, really.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    Within the bounds of the laws of nature, or no? If not, I'd set up my ideal society and fix all of the world's problems and suffering. If so, I'd live the same life I live daily, make sure to talk to each and every one of my friends and family.
    21) In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?

I definitely help people I see struggling. I don't do their work for them, but I do try lead their thoughts to getting it right. I try to help them have more success in the subject in general by explaining core concepts that they don't seem to grasp, rather than just helping them with that one particular problem. I generally feel comfortable with the work already (not in mathematics or the hard sciences though...), but it does make me feel more comfortable regardless.

22) Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
    Um, my interests are a wee bit out of the norm. I know a bit of Black Speech! Tor Vautu brus-troguz urgai-u gukh dûmp agh tiimor! I'm also generally a fairly cheerful person, which many find bizarre. Oh, and I talk to my pet doggie at random.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really have no idea, but I'd guess EII.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Begoner View Post
    How come?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    How come?
    I think each of the following statements is suggestive of a particular characteristic of an EII.

"I yearn to make an impact on the world, to change it for the better however I can. I yearn to help others, to make their lives better than they were yesterday" = humanitarian club.
    "I also yearn for a nice, comfortable life and a family to care for" = .
    "I don't do well aimlessly wandering without an end goal" = strategic.
    "Hmm... first, I judge whether I can conceivably accomplish it. Then I think of how to reach that end, and whether the means would justify these ends logically and ethically" = farsighted.
    "I then like to do something with that knowledge, which helps me gain real-world understanding of how it applies to daily life" = could be -creative.
    "Veeeeery organized. Everything needs to be neat and tidy, with nothing out of place" = rational.
    "My ideals are very important to me, and I preach them like a frenzied pastor" = overload.
    "I do identify greatly with groups based around ideals that I agree with, though" = aristocratic.
    "I like to express an actual point, rather than blurting things out for the sake of blurting things out" = declaring.
    "Mmm, philosophy, religion, politics, economics, music, day to day things too! All sorts of subjects, intellectual and mundane" = intuitive.
    "Hm... I don't pay much attention to the general chavvish "social scene" and socializing with everyone" = introvert.
    "I'd live the same life I live daily, make sure to talk to each and every one of my friends and family" = .

And that these are not.

"I like to theorize, learn the core precepts of a concept so that I can understand how everything logically flows from it" = .
    "Well, as I said above, my focus is mostly on understanding the underlying principles" = .

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't do Reinin much. I should be LSE by those dichotomies (and you won't catch many people typing me that ).

That said, I'm not gonna correct your typing yet. I wanna see what other people have to say.

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That said, I'm not gonna correct your typing yet. I wanna see what other people have to say.
    I humbly await your edification.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not easily decide between ESI and EII, but I think the latter. What is the most visible aspect is Fi-Base/Te-DS.

People oriented, service oriented, likes to be where productive things are going on. Ordered. I find hard to decide EII and ESI from answer 2, I should know what she would sacrifice for the other if needed (synthetizing past choices, for instance). Emphasis on equality, appropriateness, integration over pleasant, fun, eesthetic - Fi > Fe. Interest in concepts with the purpose of applying them IRL, on the other hand strong interest in fantasy and learning useless things (eg languages): Aristocratic Ethical, more precisely NF.

Inclination towards simple things, confortable life, folk and fantasy included in her life: definitely EII > ESI. IME: pagan, ancient, perhaps medieval, peoples, Tolkien, life and languages in different worlds (all in the big image): NF->Delta NF. Does she enjoy to make herself jewelry, ornaments out of stones, shells, wood? Does she dress simply, sometimes in clothes and accessories made by herself? If yes - or something analogous, then say no more: EII.
    (note that I read a lot between the lines, eg folk, correct me where I'm wrong)

@Begoner: preaching is rather Delta NF in our context, preaching as a habit doesn't sound like Gamma SF, IMO. I find even ILE and EIE preaching more than them.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sounds IP or EJ, for some reason his answers remind me of MtDew, possibly ESE/EIE

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for kicks, I'll guess ESE...Not taking it too seriously, however.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Aleksei, What is he?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She. And, EIE-Ti with an overblown ignoring.

And as promised, my response to Begoner.

"I yearn to make an impact on the world, to change it for the better however I can. I yearn to help others, to make their lives better than they were yesterday" = humanitarian club.
    Absolutely correct.

"I also yearn for a nice, comfortable life and a family to care for" = .
    Fair point, though she doesn't really mean it in a physical sense, and if anything that'd be -ego -- Delta NFs physically yearn to be cared for; not so much to care for others. They're too busy psychologizing and helping people with their problems and chasing after ideas to actually care for a family.

"I don't do well aimlessly wandering without an end goal" = strategic.
    That's moreso valuing. And she is far too assertive overall for PoLR.

"Hmm... first, I judge whether I can conceivably accomplish it. Then I think of how to reach that end, and whether the means would justify these ends logically and ethically" = farsighted.
    Again, that's . Farsighted vs Carefree refers moreso to your relation to the tools used to accomplish your ends -- Farsighted types are more likely to accumulate know-how and resources that might be useful in the future, whereas Carefree types are more likely to focus on what's at hand.

"I then like to do something with that knowledge, which helps me gain real-world understanding of how it applies to daily life" = could be -creative.
    It's moreso Decisive. One of the things that sets apart Ne from Ni valuing types is that the former are keen on working within the world of ideas, whereas the latter need to actually apply those ideas (note, they don't need those ideas to be practical or productive, they just need to find some use for them -- else they get bored)

"Veeeeery organized. Everything needs to be neat and tidy, with nothing out of place" = rational.
    Or Normalizing subtype, but she is a Rational yes.

"My ideals are very important to me, and I preach them like a frenzied pastor" = overload.
    Quite. We'd typed her Gamma before (SEE), but she doesn't seem to actually value or much use , and is (as mentioned below) really really Aristocratic -- and in no way Judicious. Plus, she clearly appears to value both and . For example, she writes like this! Because it's cool! Even though it scares people!

"I do identify greatly with groups based around ideals that I agree with, though" = aristocratic.
    Yes.

"I like to express an actual point, rather than blurting things out for the sake of blurting things out" = declaring.
    ...huh? How's this Declaring?

"Mmm, philosophy, religion, politics, economics, music, day to day things too! All sorts of subjects, intellectual and mundane" = intuitive.
    Sensors can have intellectual interests too, but she is intuitive.

"Hm... I don't pay much attention to the general chavvish "social scene" and socializing with everyone" = introvert.
    Understandable estimate, but her aversion to the social scene is more related to selectivity about who she socializes with (do note she mentioned chavvish). She's actually more sociable and outgoing overall than I am (and very few people here disagree that I'm an extrovert myself, even if ya'll disagree on my type)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't have to agree with EII in order to confirm/infirm my guesses about her (medieval, stones), Aleksei. I would be thankful if you can provide those details.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Does she enjoy to make herself jewelry, ornaments out of stones, shells, wood?
    Not that I know of.

Does she dress simply, sometimes in clothes and accessories made by herself?
    Not really.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! What about medieval/ancient, etc? No fixation like Celts, Vikings or something? Describing their ways in details and their wisdom?

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Thanks! What about medieval/ancient, etc? No fixation like Celts, Vikings or something? Describing their ways in details and their wisdom?
    She certainly does have a fair fixation on tradition, and yes the medieval/ancient.

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as promised, my response to Begoner.
    That makes sense -- thanks.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She. And, EIE-Ti with an overblown ignoring.
    I presume you would know best but she doesn't sound EIE at all, sounds like a delta caregiver most likely LSE. She seems to put a lot of emphasis on being productive. Plus that whole thing about caring for for others. She seems to rationalise a lot of thing in a L > E way.
    Hm... I don't pay much attention to the general chavvish "social scene" and socializing with everyone. I love talking to people, but people that annoying are more trouble than they're worth. I'm just, um, not very fond of their behavior.
    That seems more extrotim delta than beta to me.

My emphasis tends to be on attaining the end goal in the most effective and just way possible. If it's a group project, I'm also typically the one mediating disputes and calming people down so we can all work together. I like control of the outcome to be generally democratically decided, but I do need to agree with the end in order to really integrate with the group and accomplish anything.
    That whole paragraph seems very Te Si, deltas love to control the outcomes of projects while keeping things peaceful and productive.

I'll admit I didn't read it all but she seemed to answer things in a similar way that I would of and I got a very LSE vibe.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moredhel View Post
    Because Betas totally love chavs or something amirite?

That whole paragraph seems very Te Si, deltas love to control the outcomes of projects while keeping things peaceful and productive.
    She explicitly stated she needed to agree with the project's goal, its end result - a fundamentally goal-oriented process, that is -- which means that it's Decisive-related. Deltas, as Judicious types, are not goal-oriented people; they're simply productive. LSEs take care of stuff because it needs taking care of. Specifically Ethical Decisive-related for that matter, given the need to calm people down and control the emotional flow to keep people on-track.

TIM
    LSE (-Si)/9w1/ENTJ
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because Betas totally love chavs or something amirite?

She explicitly stated she needed to agree with the project's goal, its end result - a fundamentally goal-oriented process, that is -- which means that it's Decisive-related. Deltas, as Judicious types, are not goal-oriented people; they're simply productive. LSEs take care of stuff because it needs taking care of. Specifically Ethical Decisive-related for that matter, given the need to calm people down and control the emotional flow to keep people on-track.
    Alright I've gone and done it now I didn't realize who you were

The social scene comment seemed delta because she seem to be selective about who she liked socializing with and specified behavior as one of the things that turned her of certain individuals. Without actually knowing her that suggests to me a preference for smaller friendly groups.

As for the the other thing deltas have goals we aren't aimlessly productive, Beta goals are more rigidly defined this is true, but a project is mainly about achieving a goal so specifying a focus on the end goal doesn't exclude delta. She also mentioned achieving it in the most effective way possible which suggests a desire for efficiency, which is a very Te quality.

Now in saying that I'm just defending my viewpoint reading more of her answers there is defiantly a lot of beta qualities in particular.

My friends perceive me as sweet, caring, intelligent, kind of deep and philosophical but still very down to earth and realistic, a bit nerdy, extremely emotionally charged. This is mostly right, but I'm more than "a bit" nerdy. I don't look it, but I'm a massive Tolkien-geek. My friends would never call me shallow, unsympathetic, or lazy, really.
    What made you exclude SLE and LSI?

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What made you exclude SLE and LSI?
    Fi from the bloody pit of hell.