View Poll Results: What enneagram type am I?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 100.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: Typhon's enneagram type

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typhon's enneagram type

Its been a while now, that Ive seriously been considering 8W7 for my enneagram type. The reasons are many. DRR labeled 8W7 as "the maverick" and I think that fits me perfectly. My insuburdination to authority and standing up to my teachers, etc my fear of getting a real job and being part of the work world for fear of being submitted to others, my ardent desire to depend on noone except people I trust very well(and who are those people I trust except those I know wont subordinate me?), my lack of fear in standing up to the "big dogs" both online and IRL, my tendency to always do "too much" and be "too much" my love of "strong" art etc. Basically I feel my deepest fear is submitting to others.

My best friend who is Fe ENFj and a 6W5, after telling him some of my stories about how I stood up to people on the street was shocked at how much guts I had. He told me hed never even think of saying some of the things I said to big black guys who tried to agress me(ie "go back to Africa", "you hit like a girl" "dumbass" etc). I cant stand seeing people get bullied and do nothing to stand up for themselves, or be manipulated by a boss or teacher.

In short, I stand outside the group, almost never conform, but not for fourish, fivish, or even cp sixish reasons. I dont conform because I FEEl stronger(not to say I am).

Any thoughts? Mature answers only please.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I can't seem to find the link, I've read that 8w7s are supposedly at their best once they've subjected themselves to a higher authority which is why that enneatype is the most likely to be spiritual/religious than others. In essence, they need to feel that someone or something is "above them" to overcome the basic fear of E8s, which is to be manipulated or controlled which causes an E8 to deteriorate into an E5 and become withdrawn from the world or indulge in extremely hedonistic behavior that is uncharacteristic of E8s.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Although I can't seem to find the link, I've read that 8w7s are supposedly at their best once they've subjected themselves to a higher authority which is why that enneatype is the most likely to be spiritual/religious than others. In essence, they need to feel that someone or something is "above them" to overcome the basic fear of E8s, which is to be manipulated or controlled which causes an E8 to deteriorate into an E5 and become withdrawn from the world or indulge in extremely hedonistic behavior that is uncharacteristic of E8s.
    I can somewhat relate to this. I guess I just havent fopund authority I can trust, but I am stuck in a fivish pattern of being withdrawn because I dont want to subject myself to what I see as an unpredicatble and manipulative world.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I can somewhat relate to this. I guess I just havent fopund authority I can trust, but I am stuck in a fivish pattern of being withdrawn because I dont want to subject myself to what I see as an unpredicatble and manipulative world.
    Have you considered charity work? It may help...but that kind of advice isn't really specific to E8s.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try waxing your chest. And what is this fear you speak of, I for one don't feel fear, don't know why, only consequences are off-putting.

EDIT: Anyway, you apparently got E8 pinned down, as many on here got things pinned down, so ride it.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charity work isnt really my thing, some people have advised volunteer work for me, but it doesnt really excite me for two reasons:

1. You dont get paid
    2. You're protected from the real world and what I want is to be able to find my way there, in the real world, whatever that is anyways. What I mean is, it doesnt seem to prepare you for the way the world works.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like someone. WHo has a crush with the idea of being leaderish , bossy and dominative. So you become some sort of mix of that. If you want to become 8w7 then thats exactly what you become. But its usually some sort of compensation. All things become some of this qualities because of lack of some. True balance is what you really want. But as long as you need to be a leader or whatever to win out pat offences then thats what you are

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here is a very good description of EIE 8s, I stumbled upon: EIE Enneagram 8

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Here is a very good description of EIE 8s, I stumbled upon: EIE Enneagram 8
    Ha ha ha you're so funny and witty .

EDIT: this wouldnt be part of your attempt to piss me off, now would it?

Anyways, as far as harmonics go I identify with gut center, reactive coping style, but more withdrawn social style which be due to a strong connection to five, as its already been said. As far as the object relations go, I dont know.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Ha ha ha you're so funny and witty.
    Haha, thanks mate. I really appreciate it.

this wouldnt be part of your attempt to piss me off, now would it?
    You're a fast learner, what do you say ? May I ? Pretty please.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    May I ? Pretty please.
    I guess that spokesperson for the vatican was right about priests being homosexuals.
    Last edited by Typhon; 07-24-2011 at 05:30 AM.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What enneagram type is Typhon?

Vote people, because if you dont excercise your democratic right to vote you have no right to complain about typings!
    Last edited by Typhon; 09-30-2011 at 05:24 AM.