C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Functional Breakbown-- Activation and Mirror

Activation

Base and Mobilizing/Hidden Agenda Interaction

This is an exciting interaction to start. Your Activator’s Base inspires and stimulates your Hidden Agenda, getting you “off your duff” and doing something psychologically productive and rewarding. And of course, your Base is also exciting to him in the same way.

However, over a long period of time together in this Base-HA interaction, you will both grow weary of the exercise and require a break to get back in touch with your Ego. As long as each of you recognizes this need, there is no problem; but if one or other of you continues to pursue the interaction, some irritation from the more weary partner may arise.

Creative and Suggestive/Dual-Seeking Interaction

What you most need psychologically in support of your Base is something that your Activator is well-equipped to provide, and he will gladly do so—at least at first.

Over time, however, your Activator may notice that you rarely—if ever—manage to provide for yourself in this area, as his Creative function is your Dual-Seeking function. Since the Creative function is not the primary focus of one’s psyche, your Activator may eventually tire of always providing for you in this area and start to expect you to “take up the slack” once in a while so he can focus on other things. You will struggle with this expectation, however, since what you are being asked to do hardly comes naturally.

Role and Demonstrative Interaction

Despite being unvalued, you will likely find yourself occasionally appreciating your Activator’s Demonstrative nature when it manifests, as in these moments you realize the benefit of not having to engage personally in your Role, particularly in external situations dealing with other people. The one exception being, of course, if his Demonstration is directed against you, which is probably rare, since you are not likely to be pushing his buttons in this area.

Your Activator will not appreciate demands upon his Demonstrative function. Most of the time he will not even care to acknowledge his ability, and may grow annoyed when pressed. Rather, your Activator’s Demonstration is best regarded as a gift, manifesting spontaneously only during those times when it is most needed as the need is perceived by himself.

Vulnerable/PoLR and Ignoring/Observing Interaction

As your weakest unvalued function, your Vulnerable function is hardly an area in which you feel comfortable or inclined to dwell. With your Activator, you are in luck, this function being his Ignoring function which he is naturally inclined to disregard in favor of his Base.

When you do start to feel pressure from external forces upon your Vulnerable psyche, your Activator has the ability to help you see things less seriously, to help convince you that what “those people” are asking of you is really not important and “to heck with them and their expectations.”

Mirror

Base and Creative Interaction

Though your Mirror shares the same two functions in the Ego Block, the order of these functions (and those in the other Blocks) differs in such a way as to give him a slightly different focus and perspective which can be quite helpful to you at times.

As your Mirror’s Creative function is your Base, he naturally helps to keep your Base in check; while his focus on his own Base reminds you of the importance of your Creative nature, helping to keep the two Ego Block elements in balance.

Role and Vulnerable/PoLR Interaction

You may at times find yourself trying to advise your Mirror on making more effective use of her PoLR, as she comes back in defense of her weakness saying something like, “Well I’d like to see you do better!” And of course you can’t, really, as you share the same weakness. You and your Mirror may even share some good laughs at times like these. This interaction also may give you and your Mirror a sense of being “us against the world,” as at times you may find yourself defending each other’s (and your own) weakness against external pressures.

Suggestive/Dual-Seeking and Mobilizing/Hidden Agenda Interaction

You naturally feel inclined to put a good deal of time and effort into self-improvement and psychological development in areas related to your Hidden Agenda.

When in this mode of self-improvement, your Mirror will be inclined to be appreciative of your efforts and will likely encourage you much, as your HA (being your Mirror’s Suggestive) supports her Base. As long as you are still up for the challenge, you will appreciate the encouragement and admiration of your Mirror; but when you begin to tire—as tire you will—you may begin to grow irritated with your Mirror’s unrealistic expectation of you. Your Mirror, in turn, may find herself disappointed in your lack of perseverance and living in anticipation of the next time you decide to pursue your Hidden Agenda.

Ignoring/Observing and Demonstrative Interaction

Probably more than any other type, your Mirror is best-equipped to handle your Demonstrative nature in a no-nonsense way. Your Demonstrative function tends to manifest itself at times with little conscious awareness on your part, at least until after the “moment” is past. Because your Demonstrative function is your Mirror’s Observing function, your Mirror easily recognizes when your Demonstration is getting out of hand and can help bring you back to a more stable state in a gentle and non-irritating manner.
    Last edited by pianosinger; 07-05-2011 at 11:01 PM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a very well thought out thread. This thread needs more input. I hereby resurrect this thread!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threads like this shall be resurrected!

Viva la Revolucion!
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    This is a very well thought out thread. This thread needs more input. I hereby resurrect this thread!
    Total agreement on my behalf. This thread is friggin awesome (especially now that I solidified my type as ESE and can actually apply this material accurately)!

Great move, Saber!
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, we should bring back all of pianosinger's related posts (that contain the other intertype relations). They all ROCK!
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww thanks guys...(or gals)...I haven't been around here in forever and just popped in. Glad to know people have found my descriptions helpful. They're not flawless, but I'm too lazy/preoccupied with other things to fix them. Input is always appreciated, though; I've had some good experience-sharing in a few of my other "functional breakdown" threads. The more the better! I will be back again...someday...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Awww thanks guys...(or gals)...I haven't been around here in forever and just popped in. Glad to know people have found my descriptions helpful. They're not flawless, but I'm too lazy/preoccupied with other things to fix them. Input is always appreciated, though; I've had some good experience-sharing in a few of my other "functional breakdown" threads. The more the better! I will be back again...someday...
    Your functional breakdowns have been very helpful. Especially for helping me understand benefit relationships.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k