Thread: What type is this person?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type is this person?

Don't quote, please - I'm not going to leave it up forever.
    Last edited by Slacker; 07-11-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really think that what is being described here is specific to one type. In the past I could relate to this, but I have learned to deal with it.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

analyzes and overanalyzes seems either Ti ego or Ti role or Ti activator type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

could be ILE
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps LIE? The whole desire for achievement and goal orientation, needing to constantly question and seek accuracy before acting, needing some one who will give them reassurance in their visions and can help them to actively apply them while also helping them to stop replaying past failures
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds a lot like myself, just a little more extreme.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's somewhat difficult to say since what's written could describe a lot of people and not be specific to a certain type. If I were to guess, I would say:

Alpha NT > SLI > the rest.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK well I know him and he's LII. Just wondered if that came through with his writing.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with some sort of N-LIE -- That sort of "spinning gears" stuff where you know what to do but are afraid to proceed because of all that could go wrong is classically super-id.

Best guess so far is LIE-EII 1w9 > 6w5 > 3w4 sp/so.

EDIT: Oh shit, he actually referred to gears spinning? I'd fucking not noticed that!

EDIT2: Slacker, I see very little evidence for LII -- he does seem IJ-like, but quadra values don't seem to match. What's your reasoning behind the typing?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being afraid of all sorts of things that could go wrong is very often an Ne ego trait. I speak from life experience.

I've read your typings and don't honestly trust them.

Also I know him and knew what type he was before he wrote this. I was just wondering if it looked like it was written by an LII. He's married to an ESE too.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Being afraid of all sorts of things that could go wrong is very often an Ne ego trait.
    Ne-egos solve for all the contingencies -- they are not stopped by them. It's in the bloody definition, even.

Types that value Ne prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to introverted intuition (Ni) types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems far more like a Gamma NT than an Alpha NT to me, given his visions of an outcome, "sense" of things being on track, excessive seriousness, conversions of ideas into practical solutions, and so forth.

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    But he seems frustrated about his inability to turn ideas into practical solutions.
    I was referring to the fourth bullet point ("to find a solution..."), which makes it sound like he seeks to implement the ideas of others, focusing on more -related aspects of the problem (i.e., fine-tuning everything and making sure nothing is amiss). His goal seems to be efficiency: finding the best practical solution from among the possible alternatives. Any type can do this, but it comes most naturally to a -valuer. Also, the know-it-all aspect suggests someone who is very confident of particular facts.

The avoidance of responsibility stuff sounds a lot more Se-PoLR/Te-devaluing than Se-HA/Te-base. It actually sounds a lot like the things about my LII dad that piss me off.
    I had the opposite impression: that he actively assumes responsibility, and takes his responsibilities very seriously (so much so that he isn't willing to pass the buck on to someone else). The fact that he dutifully does something he doesn't like doesn't sound unlike a Gamma value (i.e., sacrificing present well-being for future gains).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Being afraid of all sorts of things that could go wrong is very often an Ne ego trait. I speak from life experience.

I've read your typings and don't honestly trust them.

Also I know him and knew what type he was before he wrote this. I was just wondering if it looked like it was written by an LII. He's married to an ESE too.
    Nice post. I think you should stick with Ne base though. Activity relations are not uncommon.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-07-2011 at 02:42 AM.
    -

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Looking for new ideas" doesn't necessarily imply "other people's ideas", and could suggest Ne-creative.
    Reading the original post again, your interpretation is probably right, but depends upon a grammatically incorrect parsing of the sentence. "I talk to people testing the ideas before putting them into action" means that the people he is talking to are the ones testing the ideas, and implies that he simply picks the best idea being tested by other people and puts it into action. The sentence should read "I talk to people, testing my ideas before putting them into action".

I don't think he actively assumes responsibility, given that he calls it a curse
    It seems to me that he has a managerial position that imposes a lot of responsibilities upon him; despite finding these responsibilities to be a curse, he persists in doing his job instead of finding another one. Presumably, like any good representative of the Gamma quadra, he does this for the money. That said, I don't think there's any strong evidence that points to any particular type, and T>F is the only preference that is clearly displayed.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't think this is related to Ne. I often think about negative possibilities as I know others do as well. I know a ILI and SEI both of whom have a propensity to imagine worst-case scenarios. I think it is just human nature to feel anxious over uncertainties of the future and to try to anticipate it. May be some types do it more often than others, but it is not limited to Ne-egos.

Are there any other reasons that you think this person is a LII?

The avoidance of responsibility stuff sounds a lot more Se-PoLR/Te-devaluing than Se-HA/Te-base. It actually sounds a lot like the things about my LII dad that piss me off.
    To me it does not sound like he avoids responsibility. He does his work, follows the deadlines, delegates tasks, and accomplishes the most unpleasant jobs for others. Imo he is too keenly aware of responsibility, thus views it more like a burden, especially given his tendency to pick up the slack for others.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Begoner View Post
    It seems to me that he has a managerial position that imposes a lot of responsibilities upon him; despite finding these responsibilities to be a curse, he persists in doing his job instead of finding another one. Presumably, like any good representative of the Gamma quadra, he does this for the money.
    It was always my impression that LIEs revelled in their power Montgomery Burns style, but I've never asked one.
    Oh lord no, that sounds so boring. Anyway, it might be ennegramm-related, but I cannot see anything I can relate to in this person's self-description, except when he talks about looking for ideas and being perceived as a know-it-all. I'm not careful and I don't need to be things to be perfect (although, of course, I enjoy my performance to be high-quality, if I can do it), and I definitely don't need advocates for my ideas: I'm bold enough by myself.

Perhaps LIE? The whole desire for achievement and goal orientation, needing to constantly question and seek accuracy before acting, needing some one who will give them reassurance in their visions and can help them to actively apply them while also helping them to stop replaying past failures
    LIEs are positivist-result-extraverts. We (they) don't wallow in past failures (it's even explicily written in type descriptions), and we don't seek perfect accuracy before acting, especially in a technical or business realm which can be our "natural element". Reassurance is mostly needed in emotional matters and people-dealings, the realm of Fi, not . Your picture of what + looks like is quite skewed and wrong.
    Last edited by FDG; 07-07-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I don't think this is related to Ne. I often think about negative possibilities as I know others do as well. I know a ILI and SEI both of whom have a propensity to imagine worst-case scenarios. I think it is just human nature to feel anxious over uncertainties of the future and to try to anticipate it. May be some types do it more often than others, but it is not limited to Ne-egos.
    By coincidence, all types mentioned are Negativists.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    except that IEIs are positivists

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was always my impression that LIEs revelled in their power Montgomery Burns style, but I've never asked one.
    Well, Mr. Burns is just a cartoon character but I doubt an LII would revel/bask in their authority like Monty Burns does in the Simpsons lol. He's a heavily stereotyped power-hungry NT. In this case Gamma, since Gammas are the quadra stereotypically at the top of business/industry.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK well I know him and he's LII. Just wondered if that came through with his writing.
    yeah at the very least I thought NT, anyways this was an interesting activity

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    LIEs are positivist-result-extraverts. We (they) don't wallow in past failures (it's even explicily written in type descriptions), and we don't seek perfect accuracy before acting, especially in a technical or business realm which can be our "natural element". Reassurance is mostly needed in emotional matters and people-dealings, the realm of Fi, not . Your picture of what + looks like is quite skewed and wrong.
    You're SLE IMO

Reassurance is mostly needed in emotional matters and people-dealings, the realm of Fe
    fixed
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    except that IEIs are positivists
    Ah, somehow I missed you mentioning yourself. fail
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor