Thread: Spartacus, Rome, Game of Thrones THREAD FOR ALL FANTASY/ANCIENT/MEDIEVAL SHOWS!

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Spartacus, Rome, Game of Thrones... THREAD FOR ALL FANTASY/ANCIENT/MEDIEVAL SHOWS!

Because I fucking LOVE them. My newest obsession right now is Spartacus: Blood & Sand after GoT SADLY ENDED :'(

Spartacus: He seems kind of not ... and introverted. I might go with SLI? I am tempted to type him Beta though... LSI...?
    Sura: Seems mystical and all that jazz.. but I of course want them to be duals so she does V.I. like an IEE (in my opinion)
    Illythia: So annoying... And so obviously ESE... an unhealthy, cunning, manipulative one.
    Naevia: IEI, EII?
    Crixus: LSI (lulworthy blockheaded one though)
    Varo: SEE? (my fucking favourite character... I shed TEARS when ... SPOILERS!)
    Batiatus: EIE?
    His wife: I've seen her typed SLE but she really seems... sort of weak? It's weird. I dunno how to explain it. Like she's actually supervised or controlled by Illythia...

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MERLIN (BBC)

Merlin: ILE
    Arthur: SLE
    Lady Morgana: LSI
    Gwen: ESI
    Gaius: LII
    Lancelot: LSE
    Morgause: EIE

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROBIN HOOD (BBC)

Robin: LSI
    Much: EIE
    Little John: SLI
    Marion: ESI?
    Guy Gibson: LSE
    Sheriff of Nottingham: SLE

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this include Merlin? Because Merlin is the shit!

Merlin-IEI (dur)
    Arthur-SLE (dur)
    Gwen-ESI (dur)
    Morgana-Beta Extrovert
    Gaius-Alpha Irrational, leaning ILE
    Uther-LIE maybe?

It's like really archetypally socionics-y. Merlin is such a misunderstood great destiny enneagram 4w3 it's revolting and that is why I am physically unable to stop watching the show it's like crack to me. Even though the writing is generally shitty.

lol, also it's funny that I disagree with your typings Lobo. I suppose Merlin *could* be ILE... but I really think he's an ethical type. He doesn't assess things logically or pragmatically. A logical type might make the exact same decisions as Merlin, but would probably reach the decisions through a different and probably more explicit weighing process. Although on the other hand, the show is not spectacularly heavy on the psychology of its characters... shrug. I think he's IEI.

Also, Morgana and Morgause are the two hottest British women I have ever seen ever and I know they're playing sisters but they should really make out one episode I'm just sayin.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Absolutely agreed on the above Merlin typings. The show is very difficult to stop watching - the dialogue is mediocre, but the character direction itself is so well-done. It's so easy to identify with Merlin, especially the lengths to which he goes for his idealism and the protection of others he cares for. Arthur, for that matter, is also easy to identify with - his struggle between his ideals and his duties, his gradual maturing from essentially a complete tosser (he really deserved a swift punch in the face in the first episode) into a noble hero with driving goals much higher than himself. And yes, Morgana and Morgause certainly should make out. Incest is forgivable in their case on grounds of perking up my friend and those of all red-blooded males everywhere. I'm just claiming Morgana as my dual, fuck anything that might point to EIE, it's wrong.

Also, adding one to your list:

Lancelot: definitely an Fi-valuing rational, ESI is more likely than LIE (also possible) in my view. I actually can't see Lobo's suggestion of LSE, he seems very clearly Fi blocked with Se to me.

HBO's Rome:

Lucius Vorenus: LSI
    Titus Pullo: some form of Se-dominant, SLE fits intertype relations better though his behavior tentatively suggests SEE over SLE
    Gaius Julius Caesar: LIE
    Octavian/Augustus Caesar: ILI (probably the most glaring one in fiction)
    Livia: SLE
    Servilia: IEI seems most likely. Tied with Octavia for my favorite character, though Octavian is a very close third.
    Atia: SEE
    Octavia: IEI
    Mark Antony: SLE
    Cleopatra: SEE
    Gnaeus Pompey Magnus: honestly, LSE is my impression, but it doesn't fit his relations with his son or the Senators at all - perhaps ESE is better
    Quintus Valerius Pompey: SLE
    Marcus Junius Brutus: Fe-ego, probably dominant - I'm guessing EIE
    Marcus Tullius Cicero: EIE
    Cato the Younger: LSI
    Gaius Cassius Longinus: SLE
    Marcus Agrippa: ESI
    Erastes Fulmen: SLE
    Timon: SEE
    Posca: a particularly cynical SEI sounds likely - I'd say SLI, but he's in no sense Fe-PoLR
    Niobe: SEI
    Eirene: IEI
    Last edited by CloudCuckooLander; 07-05-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Fixing a typo, adding a "g" to the end of a word that has one lest I look like a wigger
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    HBO's Rome:

Lucius Vorenus: LSI
    Titus Pullo: some form of Se-dominant, SLE fits intertype relations better though his behavior tentatively suggests SEE over SLE
    Gaius Julius Caesar: LIE
    Octavian/Augustus Caesar: ILI (probably the most glaring one in fiction)
    Livia: SLE
    Servilia: IEI seems most likely
    Atia: SEE
    Octavia: IEI
    Mark Antony: SLE
    Cleopatra: SEE
    Gnaeus Pompey Magnus: honestly, LSE is my impression, but it doesn't fit his relations with his son or the Senators at all - perhaps ESE is better
    Quintus Valerius Pompey: SLE
    Marcus Junius Brutus: Fe-ego, probably dominant - I'm guessing EIE
    Marcus Tullius Cicero: EIE
    Cato the Younger: LSI
    Gaius Cassius Longinus: SLE
    Marcus Agrippa: ESI
    Erastes Fulmen: SLE
    Timon: SEE
    Posca: a particularly cynical SEI sounds likely - I'd say SLI, but he's in no sense Fe-PoLR
    Niobe: SEI
    Eirene: IEI
    I agree with at least 3/4 of these typings. The others I either wasn't too sure on typings or I just don't remember who they were. Servilia's the one I'd most likely be unsure about. I'd have to watch it again but I'd guess XSI for her.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that

servilia: LII
    octavia: ESE
    ( lesbian duality )

cicero: ILI
    brutus: ILE ( reminds me of steve )

vorenus: LSI ( reminds me of potatospirit )
    pullo: SLE ( jock subtype )

atia: SLE
    mark anthony: SLE ( fratboy-jock subtype )
    (identicals)

julius caesar: don't remember
    augustus: don't remember

the rest I didn't care about cause this show's wasn't nearly as good as my little pony.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I agree with at least 3/4 of these typings. The others I either wasn't too sure on typings or I just don't remember who they were. Servilia's the one I'd most likely be unsure about. I'd have to watch it again but I'd guess XSI for her.
    xSI could easily work for Servilia aside from a few functional issues - she does indeed vibe IJ-ish. The IEI typing is based on the fact that she seems to use and value Fe more than Fi, and her Ni seems stronger than her Se - indeed, her complex schemes betray an Ni about as strong as Octavian's, though utilized for entirely different ends. Additionally, her "heart before duty" mentality seems atypical of xSIs, and her knack for immediately adapting her schemes in the face of new information and counter-plots does not strike me as fitting Ne-PoLR very well. That, and I just happen to identify with her motivations, but "spurned vengeful lover" isn't exactly very type-related.
    Last edited by CloudCuckooLander; 07-05-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Does this include Merlin? Because Merlin is the shit!

Merlin-IEI (dur)
    Arthur-SLE (dur)
    Gwen-ESI (dur)
    Morgana-Beta Extrovert
    Gaius-Alpha Irrational, leaning ILE
    Uther-LIE maybe?

It's like really archetypally socionics-y. Merlin is such a misunderstood great destiny enneagram 4w3 it's revolting and that is why I am physically unable to stop watching the show it's like crack to me. Even though the writing is generally shitty.

lol, also it's funny that I disagree with your typings Lobo. I suppose Merlin *could* be ILE... but I really think he's an ethical type. He doesn't assess things logically or pragmatically. A logical type might make the exact same decisions as Merlin, but would probably reach the decisions through a different and probably more explicit weighing process. Although on the other hand, the show is not spectacularly heavy on the psychology of its characters... shrug. I think he's IEI.

Also, Morgana and Morgause are the two hottest British women I have ever seen ever and I know they're playing sisters but they should really make out one episode I'm just sayin.
    Lol, the thing is that I see Merlin as a very healthy ILE, so is Arthur as SLE. Making irrational decisions based on feelings doesn't make you an ethical type necessarily. I forgot to put that I see Uther as being LSE. I agree with the reference that this show is like crack. Apparently, next season which starts in September or October will be darker and more violent .

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen Rome in years but from memory:
    Vorenus LSI,
    Pullo as SLE or at the very least Se dominant
    Mark Anthony and Atia as SLE
    Octavian was most likely LIE
    Cleopatra might have been Beta NF
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI for Vorenus!?

seems way too Fe polr

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullo is SEE imo.

That's all I'm gonna type for now

Oh, and stay away from that new Camelot show. Good actors, but it kind of stinks.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Pullo is SEE imo.

That's all I'm gonna type for now

Oh, and stay away from that new Camelot show. Good actors, but it kind of stinks.

Him & Octavian are cute together ILI SEE duality. I really love Octavian's character.

Johari
    Nohari