Thread: Lessons from Socionics

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Lessons from Socionics

What great lessons have you learned since discovering Socionics?

I have changed many of my rigid conceptions about what is needed to help people. Before knowing Socionics, I thought helping people was as simple as 1. Finding the problem and 2. offering an appropriate solution. I know, very simple, but I was sure that as long as people were honest that solutions could be found. I now believe and see that people sometimes don't know what their problem is and sometimes is buried in the subconscious and unaware to the individual.

I've also been open to Freudian psychology as possible helpful therapy to perceptual types as opposed to more Jungian therapy for conceptual (even though this might be a conceptualization of me to do - again I'm categorizing my understanding of what might help for who).

I'm much more relaxed about letting people come to me for help as opposed to overextending myself to help them first when I sense a need for it.

I understand others fears better, especially phobias and how they get engrained in the individual and how difficult it is for them to let go of certain neurosis.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That I have to work really hard to cover up my homicidal urges.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people can't help but act like freaks, but that's okay because it keeps life balanced.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A person cannot change his innate personality or way of thinking and viewing the world, and when he tries he's liable to go crazy.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    A person cannot change his innate personality or way of thinking and viewing the world, and when he tries he's liable to go crazy.
    You can indeed change the way you think about and view the world. And as for personality being innate, I think it's far more complex then you and the socionics religionists like to think it is.

I've gained a conceptual vocabulary to express related ideas easily. Granted, it's only useful for when talking to those who understand the framework.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neotropic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    You can indeed change the way you think about and view the world. And as for personality being innate, I think it's far more complex then you and the socionics religionists like to think it is.
    I can concede your point. And Socionics of course does not account for every aspect of one's personality; but the parts that are accounted for by Socionics do indeed appear to be pretty stable and predictable.

Sure, it's possible for a person to change. But it rarely if ever happens overnight as the result of some "miracle" or "change of heart." And if a person does appear to change in this manner, it is probably only because they were living a lie before, and now finally their true nature is shining through (think of Ebenezer Scrooge, for example).
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you