Thread: Functions differing from MBTI

Default Functions differing from MBTI

I've read up on the descriptions of functions both from Socionics and MBTI, and I'm still confused as to how they differ. I've been into MBTI for over a year now, and am just getting into Socionics. Can you help explain the differences between the functions? For instance, I relate more to the Reinin dichotomies and descriptions of the IEI, but I'm *very* much Fi-Ne in the Myers-Briggs. All explanations welcome.

Thanks.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have disregarded most of the personality type descriptions (they are pretty close for all the NFs anyway). You could just focus on what you feel is your strongest function. If I read pure descriptions of the functions, not in the context of a type, I see where they apply to me. I usually test INFJ in MBTI and IEI in socionics. I didn't get what people meant by treating them as separate systems when I first joined but now I think I get it. Ni is my base in either system. If you feel Fi is your base then you can take it from there.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW