Thread: Deltas

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Deltas

Here is how I see Delta and how I understand what the socionists were trying to say objectively, and why it sort of 'clashes' with my own life view and philosophy. I'm not trying to attack anybody or be an asshole with this btw, this is how I just see things and why I think that the description is pretty accurate.

BTW, I doubt we have too many people that are even Delta on these boards. Seriously. I think a lot of Deltas are mistyped as some sort of Alpha or Gamma type. This place is littered with mostly Alphas, a few Betas- some Gammas. If it was heavy Delta, I doubt that I would like going on here so much, I get sort of addicted. =p

Anyway here is my analysis. Feel free to agree or disagree:

To me, Deltas are the type of people who tend to have strong conservative christian values. They're like the people at Starr Commonwealth. Emotional connection between two individuals isn't nearly as important as what is 'good for the community.'

Although completely well-meaning, and not at all done out of hatred and fear, they're more likely the type of people who think that being gay is something that can and should be cured through therapy.

They work hard and have great moral work ethics about ummm working. =p And they like to share long moral conversations at dinner, about how so and so was being wrong or right. The fact that they might emotionally ruin the person in the process of doing so, doesn't really bother them. Not that they're sociopathic or cruel, they're just the conservative type of people who believe in that sort of stuff.

They tend to be Republican, and so somebody 'going their own way' too much is annoying for them. They're the type of people that get really seriously offended and upset at Hollywood, for example.

They like to have strong conversations about objective humanitarian principals. Subjective emotional moral values, they're not concerned with much at all. And that's the primary clash between Beta and Delta. Both groups find each other so morally off putting because the Beta is ignoring the objective morals for the individual, and the Delta is ignoring the individual person's emotions for the 'greater good.'

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lollll, way to stereotype...

yeah that's why steve colbert is SLI... his staunch conservative christian values and republicanism...

There are plenty of deltas here, you just need to seriously re-evaluate your interpretation of quadra values and how they manifest.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MISTYPED DELTAS VS. DELTAS WHO ARE ACTUALLY INDEED, DELTAS.

Maritsa: Not an INFj. Most likely an INFp actually.

Galen: Not an ENFp. Most likely an ISFp.

Slacker Mom: Not an ENFp. Most likely an ESFp.

Director Abbie: I agree, she's ESTj or INFj.

Diana: Diana was a Delta here, most likely. INFj.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Of course it's stereotypical but it's an intertype relationship theory explaining why certain people get along or don't.

*sigh*

I suppose it's only natural and human to say 'well so and so isn't so bad' but if you're saying that, then they probably weren't even in an opposing quadra to begin with....
    Or you can just say 'socionics is gay.' =p

*shrug* Just some ideas and stuff to think about, though.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

if you want to have an archetype in your mind of the sort of person you clash with and name it "delta" i guess its not the end of the world. i just hope you dont assume that anybody who identifies with delta in general would identify with how you describe it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

am i delta?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Here is how I see Delta and how I understand what the socionists were trying to say objectively, and why it sort of 'clashes' with my own life view and philosophy. I'm not trying to attack anybody or be an asshole with this btw, this is how I just see things and why I think that the description is pretty accurate.

BTW, I doubt we have too many people that are even Delta on these boards. Seriously. I think a lot of Deltas are mistyped as some sort of Alpha or Gamma type. This place is littered with mostly Alphas, a few Betas- some Gammas. If it was heavy Delta, I doubt that I would like going on here so much, I get sort of addicted. =p

To me, Deltas are the type of people who tend to have strong conservative christian values. They're like the people at Starr Commonwealth. Emotional connection between two individuals isn't nearly as important as what is 'good for the community.'

Although completely well-meaning, and not at all done out of hatred and fear, they're more likely the type of people who think that being gay is something that can and should be cured through therapy.

They work hard and have great moral work ethics about ummm working. =p And they like to share long moral conversations at dinner, about how so and so was being wrong or right. The fact that they might emotionally ruin the person in the process of doing so, doesn't really bother them. Not that they're sociopathic or cruel, they're just the conservative type of people who believe in that sort of stuff.

They tend to be Republican, and so somebody 'going their own way' too much is annoying for them. They're the type of people that get really seriously offended and upset at Hollywood, for example.

They like to have strong conversations about objective humanitarian principals. Subjective emotional moral values, they're not concerned with much at all. And that's the primary clash between Beta and Delta. Both groups find each other so morally off putting because the Beta is ignoring the objective morals for the individual, and the Delta is ignoring the individual person's emotions for the 'greater good.'
    Feeling free and disagreeing.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That means Galen has to choose between turning either straight or Alpha.

---
    Are there people who are actually Deltas and mistyped themselves as Alpha, Beta or Gamma in your opinion?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    am i delta?
    me too!
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    if you want to have an archetype in your mind of the sort of person you clash with and name it "delta" i guess its not the end of the world. i just hope you dont assume that anybody who identifies with delta in general would identify with how you describe it.
    yeah well put.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope

god shut up

Nope

What does "being upset at Hollywood" even mean? Also nope.

All moral values are subjective. It's just that Fi 'morality' can sound like it's speaking objectively to Fe, in the same way that Ti valuing sounds like it's speaking objectively about its analyses to Te. So nope.

EDIT:
    well that explains it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not this Delta. I do believe in Community (at arms length), but everyone is part of the community. I'm not into authority, or social organizations (religion). Having said that, I do understand that I'm a stick-in-the-mud compared to most Beta types. But I don't think SLI or IEEs for that matter are interested in controling anybody.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry B&D. and all that, but no we are not all conservative christians and republicans, but a long shot. I know lots of very liberal delta people, myself and my husband included.

Oh and no interest in control. No, just no.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I just noticed you type me as SEE! How interesting! I don't ever get type discussions about me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Long morality conversations at dinnertime? How boring.

That's never been suggested for me before!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is how I see Delta and how I understand what the socionists were trying to say objectively, and why it sort of 'clashes' with my own life view and philosophy. I'm not trying to attack anybody or be an asshole with this btw, this is how I just see things and why I think that the description is pretty accurate........
    From a more european perspetive, I can understand some Americans would feel like this about Deltas. But Deltas are much more than this, even though you got some basics right. Deltas tend to value moral perfectionism, even if they are political leftists and advocate such things as legalisation of cannabis use, or same-sex marriage. It's the style that matters, not the content.

Perhaps your view on Deltas is very much influenced by the lasting effects of historic events, i.e. the emigration of large numbers of 'fundamentalist' Deltas from North-Western Europe to the Americas in the 17th century?
    Last edited by consentingadult; 06-30-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: better wording
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotional connection between two individuals isn't nearly as important as what is 'good for the community.'
    Oh really? Whole post is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I think deltas like individuality, just in a different way to betas. Deltas are fine with individuality that doesn't impose on others (the "community" if you like), whereas beta individuality tends to often be about impacting on others. In my experience delta homophobia is mainly directed at in-your-face stuff.
    Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Oh and no interest in control. No, just no.
    Last edited by Park; 06-30-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa's Hidden agenda absolutely can not be Ti. Maybe Te. Maybe. Exfp makes much more sense than Ixfp, but i can see how she might have typed herself correctly also. Go figure. Infj

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I think deltas like individuality, just in a different way to betas. Deltas are fine with individuality that doesn't impose on others (the "community" if you like), whereas beta individuality tends to often be about impacting on others. In my experience delta homophobia is mainly directed at in-your-face stuff.
    This is true, thanks for describing that nuance.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I make a shitty Delta.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And that's the primary clash between Beta and Delta.
    Let's clash.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha ha
    haha
    hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
    Last edited by noid; 07-02-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MISTYPED DELTAS VS. DELTAS WHO ARE ACTUALLY INDEED, DELTAS.

Maritsa: Not an INFj. Most likely an INFp actually.

Slacker Mom: Not an ENFp. Most likely an ESFp.

You know, I see yourself INFj. I strongly recommend to stop bullshiting on delta, cuz you are close to enter into our circle
    If you see maritsa as INFp, so you identify maritsa with yourself, im sad to announce that you INFJ. Because maritsa INFj.
    haha.
    Last edited by noid; 07-02-2011 at 11:19 PM.

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B&D, I kinda like you, but then you go and make stupid posts like this. Even on a stereotypical level, its not really functionally accurate. Your typing's for those members are also outlandish, its hilarious how disconnected from reality you are
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This isn't delta at all. If anything I'd say you just made a description of XSEs.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    This isn't delta at all. If anything I'd say you just made a description of XSEs.
    Frankly, when I read the description, ISTjs came to my mind.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTJ are notorious for sharing value/conservative view affirmation when discussing ?? Its the second time I see this and dont understand WHY;
    Isnt this more ISFJ ?

-- Maurice Chapelain

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol okay then

I'm pretty sure emotional connection between two individuals doesn't belong to either Fi or Fe.

Neither is 'good for the community'; actually Betas often believe in Good and Evil and can have their own conception of what is good for a community based on that and Deltas have more of a preconceived notion of ethics that gets them flustered if people start acting too ethically bold or rash in their behavior and treatment towards one another.

I honestly think it's more along the philosophical lines of Beta feeling harmed or ethically vulnerable to those around them and acting from that, while Delta feels ethical norms are implied between each other and is the foundation that keeps society running.

lolwat

You're not really describing anything here to talk about other than a pure opinion.

lol, this isn't type related. Deltas have more of an idea of ethical structure and duties, but that doesn't mean they are against people 'going their own way'. In fact, LSE/SLI are pretty much 'going their own way' kind of people, despite their sometimes misplaced work ethic and loyalties.

I think you just made up some new terms. Philosophically speaking, there is no objective morality. It's shaky ground to try to identify such a thing and apply that to a quadra where such a correlation is going to vastly underestimate the complexity of ethical motivations and behaviors.
    Last edited by DividedsGhost; 07-04-2011 at 08:58 PM.