Thread: As the gay marriage battle winds to its denoument, next civil rights struggle?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default As the gay marriage battle winds to its denoument, next civil rights struggle?

As goes New York, so goes the nation. The Republican sanctity of marriage plank crumbles as we speak. By 2016, the GOP nominee will be in position to quelch the voices of gay marriage opponents at the GOP national convention. As anti-gay laws/amendments crumble in the wake of the pro-gay tide and gay marriage opponents go the way of the KKK, I can't help but wonder what the next civil rights struggle will be over. And it seems that there must be such a struggle or else... the commitment to defend existing gains will lose momentum. What do you think?

Creepy-Snaps

Maybe transgenders, or later on in the century, DNA alteration of your children.

As a longshot, the right of children to work through sports. What with college athletes in the Big Ten possibly getting paid now, there's still demand at the youth levels, people betting over kids' athleticism. Not saying it's right, but it's a growing market, and people are always awed by athleticism, and make exceptions for athletes. And our child labor laws were enacted long ago in an industrial age, to truly protect kids, whereas now 'working' through sports is mostly harmless. Would have to be regulated, but I'd think the kids would mostly be having fun.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    The Republican sanctity of marriage plank crumbles as we speak .... anti-gay laws/amendments crumble ... I can't help but wonder what the next civil rights struggle will be over ... What do you think?
    I think this crew are among the vanguards of the next major step in the ongoing Balaamite process.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Maybe transgenders, or later on in the century, DNA alteration of your children.

As a longshot, the right of children to work through sports. What with college athletes in the Big Ten possibly getting paid now, there's still demand at the youth levels, people betting over kids' athleticism. Not saying it's right, but it's a growing market, and people are always awed by athleticism, and make exceptions for athletes. And our child labor laws were enacted long ago in an industrial age, to truly protect kids, whereas now 'working' through sports is mostly harmless. Would have to be regulated, but I'd think the kids would mostly be having fun.
    Is this some kind of joke? That's negative liberation, the predication to enslavement. Not positive liberation. Do you have any idea what the Si repercussions of that would be?

That's one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard.

Transgenders already have rights... duh.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    The Republican sanctity of marriage plank crumbles as we speak .... anti-gay laws/amendments crumble ... I can't help but wonder what the next civil rights struggle will be over ... What do you think?
    I think this crew are among the vanguards of the next major step in the ongoing Balaamite process.
    Will never happen.

Me thinks socionics will color the next step... or supersocionics, at least. Yes, the next phase is worker liberation.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the world has better things to worry about, then homosexuals getting married. How does Joe and Ben getting a document have any affect on anyone else? I don't see why people would bother opposing something so trivial.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next battle is the elimination of the Drug War of course.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe incest will be next
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    maybe incest will be next
    hahahahahahaha, someone's thinkin' outside the box.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-male

Lol the one civil rights thing that people in America unequivocably hate is pedophilia, no one cares about some pedophiles right to have sex with a child, I don't see that ever becoming something people will vote positively for.

I think the next social battleground will be over religious affliation, with the growth of atheism in secular societies and the polarizations of different religions in the era of globalization, I think America will have to re-evaluate the meaning and implementation of the separation of church and state.

Also the drug war is another as well as copyright infringement.

In fact I'd guess with the rise of the internet copyright infringement will continue to be a problem.