Thread: renaming IEs to be "Internal" or "External"

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default renaming IEs to be "Internal" or "External"

I propose that we rename the information elements by replacing "Introverted" with "Internal" and "Extroverted" with "External" for ease of explanation to Socionics newbies. This makes the concepts easier to understand by evoking the right ideas suggestively and therefore helps noobs understand the concepts more quickly.

Thoughts?

: External Thinking
    : Internal Thinking
    : External Intuition
    : Internal Intuition
    : External Sensing
    : Internal Sensing
    : External Ethics
    : Internal Ethics

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you want to achieve with this change. However, I thought the normal names helped me once I understood how it's linked altogether. When I first looked at it, I only saw two version of each IE, namely N, S, T and F. But I wondered how this four letter code can be translated into that. I could only see the middle part of this code. But then it was clear that introversion/extroversion is shown in the variant of the IE. An introverted type will always have an introverted IE as leading function. And finally, I found out that two IEs are judging, and the other two are perceiving by default.

This way, I could recognize every part of the basic dichotomies. But your suggestion is not bad, though.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internal and External work, but these are merely some usual manifestations of Subjective and Objective. So the latter should work its way into understanding first in order to arrive at a properly regulated situational conclusion. In order to understand what is truly meant by these terms (Thinking, Intuition etc.) as they get confused for one another, one should look to Jung's definitions as a basis for differentiating.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes objective and subjective seems to represent more the E/I dichotomy

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSequence View Post
    I propose that we rename the information elements by replacing "Introverted" with "Internal" and "Extroverted" with "External" for ease of explanation to Socionics newbies. This makes the concepts easier to understand by evoking the right ideas suggestively and therefore helps noobs understand the concepts more quickly.

Thoughts?
    The External/Internal dimension is already used in Socionics: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...mation_aspects. Offical Socionics, in case someone misses that.
    S, T: External;
    N, F: Internal.

Not only that, but Fe and Ne can't really be called "external" or "objective" since they're subjective feelings about objects. Unless you don't understand what they mean, of course .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model