Thread: being the center of attention

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default being the center of attention

are you often in the center of attention in groups? do you like it? do you seek for it?

also, if you like it, do you do something to be in the center of attention and what is it that you do?

if you aren't usually in the center of attention, do you mind and wish you were? or you don't mind it at all?
    Last edited by Marietta; 06-27-2011 at 01:31 PM.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i am, mainly because others cant keep up with me. However i only try to become center of attention when i can give somekind of positive image or impact towards others. Which in turn makes me more powerful.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I wind up being the center of attention a lot, just because I'm not focused on what other people think of me. I brought a MLP plushie to a party once just because I said I would to the host; all eyes wound up on me and I just slept on the couch.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

nope. and if i'm not really close to everyone there then i hate it. i feel like everybody has expectations and being the center of attention means being judged against several unknown criteria at once.

if i'm really comfortable and around people i've known for years i can be grabby for attention, usually by dorky humor or being exaggeratedly emphatic about something. it doesnt happen often.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it. Jokes and sarcasm always keeps me in the position

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Being the center of attention perhaps is related to being a Socionics extravert, specially a merry one (ESE, ILE, SLE and EIE). In a cheerful environment, those types love to joke, for instance.

SEEs, with their role, try to come across as knowledgeable (a way of being the center of attention). When a base person joins a conversation with SEEs and other types, SEEs try to discredit him, as Ne base people will end up "being more respected" by the rest of the group than a SEE, and "ne egos are better at ne than ne superegos".
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Being the center of attention perhaps is related to being a Socionics extravert, specially a merry one (ESE, ILE, SLE and EIE). In a cheerful environment, those types love to joke, for instance.
    Good observation. In all four cases has to do with Fe, with ILE and SLE often emphasizing their mobilizing instead of their base functions.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEEs, with their role, try to come across as knowledgeable. When a base person joins a conversation with SEEs and other types, SEEs try to discredit him, as Ne base people will end up "being more respected" by the rest of the group than a SEE, as "ne egos are better at ne than ne superegos".
    ok, and what about YOU ? do you want to say that you are often in the center, since you are a merry extravert?

don't know about SEE being less "respected" than Ne base.. I didn't observe it with the ones I've knew. Also probably depends what you mean by respect.

where would you put ENFP then as a serious extrovert, Ne base?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Marietta;785943]
    where would you put ENFP then as a serious extrovert, Ne base?
    An IEE using Ne/Fi as a means for being the center of attention, would probably perform the role of some kind of teacher. Otherwise, IEE's (and SEE's) do not fish for attention in groups by using Ne (or Se), but by using Te, trying to appear knowledgeable, or competent in the productive area.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 06-27-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like to be ignored. It makes me cranky. I don't know if that's the same thing as needing to be the center of attention though.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sometimes in the center of attention. I think it depends on the circumstances whether I enjoy it or not. If I'm in a social situation it's much more akward to me to be in the spotlight as it is in a "working" situation. In the latter I know that people are listening to me, and this is important for me during an argument or a presentation. But in a social situation people expect things from we which I can't provide, such as emotional reactions to everything. At least not all the time. I don't mind if I'm just the observer in a meeting of friends. I can play the role of the entertainer, too, but only under the right conditions.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I like it. Depends on my mood.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sometimes the center of attention, sometimes not. Sometimes I want attention, and sometimes I don't. Arbitrary.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marietta View Post
    are you often in the center of attention in groups? do you like it? do you seek for it?

also, if you like it, do you do something to be in the center of attention and what is it that you do?

if you aren't usually in the center of attention, do you mind and wish you were? or you don't mind it at all?
    I don't actively seek it, but it's only a matter of time until it happens anyways, and it's pretty good it would be far, far more awkward for everyone if I didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    I think I wind up being the center of attention a lot, just because I'm not focused on what other people think of me. I brought a MLP plushie to a party once just because I said I would to the host; all eyes wound up on me and I just slept on the couch.
    Awwww was it Pinkie Pie?

(haha yes I have totally become kinda absorbed in the show and me and Applejack would totally be like friends and stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    I love it. Jokes and sarcasm always keeps me in the position
    Hell yeah as long as people aren't too reserved, I'm good to go - usually I impersonate a bunch of people, get really graphic about things, things that work better as passing, vibrant words than still, permanent text

SEEs, with their role, try to come across as knowledgeable (a way of being the center of attention). When a base person joins a conversation with SEEs and other types, SEEs try to discredit him, as Ne base people will end up "being more respected" by the rest of the group than a SEE, and "ne egos are better at ne than ne superegos".
    This must be a Merry quadra group - I get a little awkward and confused when there's everywhere, and I kinda tune out... I've been trying not to do that so much anymore...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sometimes the center of attention and I like it, but it would be rude to try to make myself the center of attention.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I am sometimes the center of attention and I like it, but it would be rude to try to make myself the center of attention.
    Not really. not if you know how to do it in a subtle way. For instance, stand in the center of the room. That's a simple, unobtrusive way to draw attention to yourself. Or... buy a really interesting bag and carry it around. Great ice-breaker and attention-grabber. Accessories can do wonders. Do you hair differently. None of those things are rude.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

or put on 100 pounds. or fake an accent. or get multiple facial piercings. not rude.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like being the centre of attention at all. Mainly because at points I'll have no idea what to say. I much prefer the "sitting back and watching everything happen and laughing at things" approach.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm comfortable before a crowd while giving technical lectures, performing music, or engaging in impromptu tomfoolery, but for the most part I'm happy to stay on the periphery and take in the action.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by We Are Carbon View Post
    I don't like being the centre of attention at all. Mainly because at points I'll have no idea what to say. I much prefer the "sitting back and watching everything happen and laughing at things" approach.
    ah but the beauty is that you don't have to be TALKING all the time to be the center of attention! you get other people to talk and they're lavishing all of their stories on YOU because you're reacting so well. That's how I operate and get attention. I don't really have to say much. LOL
    IEI-Fe 4w3