Thread: The introverted Ne (requested split)

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation The introverted Ne (requested split)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    And in this context, what is your idea of "introverted"? Because the sheer existence of this thread indicates you mean something else than what Socionics Introversion is.
    No, I mean the Socionics Introversion.

I said variation, namely the function that has the properties of Ne except Extroversion.
    External Field Dynamics is the inverse of Internal Object Statics.

Ni is the Introverted orientation of N, the Extraverted orientation is Ne.

If you mean Socionics introversion the answer is automatically Si. You'd know that, so you have different intentions for this thread.

"properties of Ne"?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introverted Ne is whats in like INXjs, it seems slower, more thought-out, waiting for the approval of the dominant. It's still extroverted intuition, but just used by an introvert.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another piece of evidence: in an environment of pure information like this very forum (hint hint), you get SEIs and SLEs coming in, thinking they're their duals. This would only be possible if Ne and Si and Se and Ni were very similar elements in terms of what they they think about.

This would also be a good time to bring in some hard science. Neurologically, extraverted brains distribute activity in a way that lends itself to motivation and anticipation. Their mental activity is focused on "thinking ahead", anticipating social contacts, future plans, whatever. Introverted brains OTOH distribute activity such that they have an ongoing inner monologue. They're constantly flipping the pancakes of thought, as it were, talking to themselves in their head and ruminating.

This is also consistent with extratims and introtims and their "time focus". Introtims are ruminators and have a past-focused mind, extratims are anticipators and have a future-focused mind.

(I'm presently of the opinion that I/E is determined by brain activity (measurable by blood flow--so it's hard science and not philosophy) and is thus inborn. J/P is how strongly weighted your mind is toward limbic impulses or neocortical regulation, and may not be inborn at all. If Club does describe temperamental factors though, it would logically then have to be.)

While I'm on time focus, Ne and Si become more obviously related. If Ne looks at current events and then starts living in their potential states in the future, Si is very narrowly focused on maintaining a status quo, like someone manning the valves and levers on a steam engine.

What's curious about Si base is, when it attempts to extrapolate its "Si time", it can only draw ahead to one possible outcome, typically a negative one. This results in what is commonly known as "Ni Role"
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone please remove the off-topics? #10, #11, #13

The thread asks for and deals with one thing only, which is clear: the function, the Information Element. It does not deal with the arrangements of funtions or type dichotomies, I don't want it derailed from the initial point.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    What function is, in your opinion, the Introverted variation of Ne (Extroverted Intuition)?
    I took me a while to accept that there are people who are transgender.

But there seem to be people now who are transtype?

I sure as hell want to stay an introverted Ni.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please stop bullshitting and vote what is the understanding that you use when you discuss/debate on the forum. I'm mostly interested in the opinions of those who make Socionics claims, explanations and hypotheses (especially function-related analyses), though anyone is free to vote.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the point of splitting a thread if the original's creator just wanted an extraction? My posts are only relevant in the context of the original thread and I only cared if the OP was intent on explaining, which the OP is not.

Delete.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introverted Ne is whats in like INXjs, it seems slower, more thought-out, waiting for the approval of the dominant. It's still extroverted intuition, but just used by an introvert.
    idk if its really slower : IMO its just about discrimination, even if appearing slower to other.

Many Ne dom I know arent really "faster" : idea are more just ejected too quickly from conscious mind on the Ne second. When Ne dom speak about an idea sometime this give me the impression "shit ive already thinked this, why ive not followed, when I see the result IRL" (im Ne second).
    Especially if same other function (NeFi vs FiNe for ex).
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain