Thread: Video Challenge

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Video Challenge

I'm surprised no one here's thought to do this, what with VI being all the rage in Socionics circles.

The idea is that you make a video, answer a series of questions and get a type. I'll be ripping some questions from another forum for it. Here goes:

1.) Pick three words/short phrases to describe yourself and explain.

2.) Why are you interested in typology, finding our your type, or just exploring? Why are you making this video, basically?

3.) Go through the main activities in your life. What is most important to you? What do you like best? Why do you do each of the things you do?

4.) Explain your education/work background. Why did you take this route?

5.) What are your short-term and long-term goals, and why?

6.) What kind of a friend/partner are you? Care to share any of your history?

7.) How would your closest friends describe you? Your family? What about someone who doesn't like you?

8.) What do you think people's first impressions of you tend to be like? Online impressions? Why do you think this is so? Do you think this is accurate?

9.) What's a typical day like for you?

10.) What are your favorite things about yourself? Least favorite things? (It can be ANYTHING.)

11.) Movies/TV shows/music of choice? Interests in general? Why?

12.) What are your thoughts on people in general? (Yes, this question is meant to be very open-ended. Interpret as you'd like.)

13.) If we ought to know ONE THING about you, what should it be?

14.) Go through your background, or at least the important parts. Has anything happened that has majorly affected you? Family life, school life, any sort of misfortune? What do you think of your life in general?

15.) What is/are your personal philosophy/beliefs/whatever?

16.) What type do YOU think you are? Why?

17.) Do others tend to agree with your typing? Why do you think others think what they do about your type?

18.) With what types do you get along best? Worst?

19.) How are you in terms of self-esteem and the like?

20.) Tell us something random, important, or whatever.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Creepy-EddieMorra

I'll start, here's a video of me fighting, VI me:

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been done,you just didn't bother to go looking.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1.) Pick three words/short phrases to describe yourself and explain. Gay, wise, and introverted.

2.) Why are you interested in typology, finding our your type, or just exploring? Why are you making this video, basically? I don't know I just am.

3.) Go through the main activities in your life. What is most important to you? What do you like best? Why do you do each of the things you do? You sure sound nosy. =p I just am on my computer a lot writing stories and playing video games and thinking about what guy I want to go have sex with next.

4.) Explain your education/work background. Why did you take this route? I have a two-year-degree in liberal arts. Some people in my family will condescendingly look down on me and think that I should be 'higher' than that, which just annoys me. I'm not going to jump through hoops for other people unless they jump through the hoops that I want them as well.

5.) What are your short-term and long-term goals, and why? My short-term goal is to leave the house more often and get more of a real life I guess. My long-term goal is to be a writer or game designer.

6.) What kind of a friend/partner are you? Care to share any of your history? I have a big heart, and I'm always there to listen to other people and counsel them when I can with my beta Ni & Fe.

7.) How would your closest friends describe you? Your family? What about someone who doesn't like you? I asked a friend and she said: Thoughtful, steady, shy, insightful, honest, down to earth, misunderstood. Somebody who doesn't like me? Probably that I'm not 'business-orientated' enough.

8.) What do you think people's first impressions of you tend to be like? Online impressions? Why do you think this is so? Do you think this is accurate? Somebody who is too weak and insecure. And maybe I'm insecure but I'm definitely not weak. =p They just stereotypically and understandably view me that way because of how openly gay I am.

9.) What's a typical day like for you? I already answered this! I'm just writing a lot.

10.) What are your favorite things about yourself? Least favorite things? (It can be ANYTHING.) The smell of my own pits. It's very masculine despite my fagginess thankyouvery much!

11.) Movies/TV shows/music of choice? Interests in general? Why? Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Heroes, Angel, Stardust. Anything that has to do with magical adventure crap. Why? I don't know.

12.) What are your thoughts on people in general? (Yes, this question is meant to be very open-ended. Interpret as you'd like.) That people are too harsh, and hypocrites, and too critical of others. I'm a 'people' so I include myself in the muck as well.

13.) If we ought to know ONE THING about you, what should it be? THAT I'M GAY. AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. SO THERE!

14.) Go through your background, or at least the important parts. Has anything happened that has majorly affected you? Family life, school life, any sort of misfortune? What do you think of your life in general? I got sent to Starr. It was the biggest, most dramatic event in my life. But I don't like talking about it because I know human beings naturally feed off the drama of it. Schadenfreude.

15.) What is/are your personal philosophy/beliefs/whatever? I don't have any personal philosophies or beliefs. The world seems too chaotic and I'd just rather be okay with the chaos than make up some faulty belief system that will let me down.

16.) What type do YOU think you are? Why? INFp, for too many reasons to list here.

17.) Do others tend to agree with your typing? Why do you think others think what they do about your type? Yes. And uhh what do you think others think what they do about your type?' What???

18.) With what types do you get along best? Worst? Best: ESTp, ENTp, ESFp. Mostly EP types. Worst: ENTj, ESTj. Most types are really....neutral to me.

19.) How are you in terms of self-esteem and the like? I don't have low self-esteem. It's a mistake! I have low esteem for everyone else.

20.) Tell us something random, important, or whatever. SEAN IN A LOINCLOTH.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started to fill this out even though I can't make a video, but these questions are so open-ended there's no point in treating them like questions. I got disgusted and stopped.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol yeah, I was disgusted by doing this too.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the video challenge is answering all 20 questions in short enough of a video to actually upload it.