Thread: VI is bullshit

Creepy-EddieMorra

Default VI is bullshit

It's an incredibly stupid idea to think that by looking at someone's face you can suddenly visually identify something that only exists in theory. It's like trying to play pin the tail on the donkey blind, it ain't gonna work, they tried it in jackass and the guy got kicked in the nuts.

This is the average member trying to VI:

Good luck.
    Last edited by EddieMorra; 06-24-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ immediate dismissal rather than consideration of evidence
    One less tool in the tool-set for you.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and you watch this "jackass"..?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you and forum user Divided one and same person, EddieMorra?

Creepy-EddieMorra

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    If Vi exists, it is being used incorrectly the vast majority of the time. It's not about identifying genetic traits such as eye shape or your nose. It's about noticing facial expressions that a certain type is more likely to exhibit.

Let's assume that it's true that our faces are made to resemble how our mind is formed. It means nothing unless we have proof that certain modes of behavior are linked to certain characteristics in the face.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's facial expressions at the least (And if it's nothing more than that, it's still highly useful). Not enough info to verify shapes of particular features correlating etc. but I have yet to see a pair of face doubles turn out to be obviously different types.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-EddieMorra

It's facial expressions at the least (And if it's nothing more than that, it's still highly useful). Not enough info to verify shapes of particular features correlating etc. but I have yet to see a pair of face doubles turn out to be obviously different types.
    Occasionally look-alikes can be very different types if they happen to have similar facial characteristics by mere chance.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Trevor View Post
    Are you and forum user Divided one and same person, EddieMorra?
    Interesting, but I don't see it so far. I'd go for Jinxi/Dantos.

Hint: EddieMora thinks logically, Divided can't do that .

I know it's unlikely to be him, considering this user is registered 2007, but we assume I don't know that.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMorra View Post
    If Vi exists, it is being used incorrectly the vast majority of the time. It's not about identifying genetic traits such as eye shape or your nose. It's about noticing facial expressions that a certain type is more likely to exhibit.

Let's assume that it's true that our faces are made to resemble how our mind is formed. It means nothing unless we have proof that certain modes of behavior are linked to certain characteristics in the face.
    Incorrect. VI is not used to identify facial expressions but to see which genetic makeup the facial structure falls into of the 16 types.

The way Drew's head leans forward from her body indicates how I type a person as a J type, for instance:

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booin' at maritsa.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Incorrect. VI is not used to identify facial expressions but to see which genetic makeup the facial structure falls into of the 16 types.
    But that's what he stated - and the problem -, Maritsa.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way Drew's head leans forward from her body indicates how I type a person as a J type, for instance:

Then you would type me as a J person, and you would be wrong.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's an incredibly stupid idea to think that by looking at someone's face you can suddenly visually identify something that only exists in theory.
    It's an incredibly stupid idea to think, if something is a hypothesis - it's wrong.
    As also to think, if you are incompetent in something and can't use it effectively - no one can. Many use nonverbal behavior in VI and there is no significant facts to think, that Jungian type have no significant influence to nonverbal behavior. But there are significant subjective facts to think, that it's effective way to identify types - because it gives good prognosis for abilities and relations of people I know. Acoording to phisiognomy as VI - I'm not a supporter of it.

Another incredibly stupid idea is to think, that your speculative interpretaion of doubtful in trustworthiness and fullness for typing texts and verbal behavior without experimantal basis for correlations you use - is a precise method and allways better than image method (version of VI based on intuitive impressions from nonverbality).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peoples type comes out in their face a little. Like you can almost always identify an SLE immediately by their utterly practical look and immediate connection to the environment.

You can see Ne leading pretty easily too, speaking of drew Barrymore. It's sort of a young innocent playful look.

There are other IMs that express pretty readily. Its not that reliable on it's own, rather should be taken aspect of an overall socionics diagnostic.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The way Drew's head leans forward from her body indicates how I type a person as a J type
    I have your PMs and they tell a different tale, in fact, you sent me once photos, exemplary ones of course, in which some random folks pose the same way as in this photo you posted, stating this is "a P type". What happened ? You got your "theories and method" mixed up or something ?

Normally, I wouldn't give a flying toss about the things you say, but it is so illogical and dumb, I just can't hold myself back. Not to mention it is funny as heck.

EDIT: One more thing, go back to beta.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Why don't you judge him in the context of this thread only? I think he has a good point, VI is also rejected by a lot of socionists because it desn't make much sense. There are twins and brothers who look almost identically and have different sociotypes, in fact that is the case between me and my brother, we have even the same voice and a speech patterns. Virtually everyone who meets us the first time confuses us with each other for several days or weeks, depending on how much we interact or how long it takes them to notice other details (attitude, face expression, etc). There are unrelated people who look almost identically but who have radically different personalities, too.

Indeed, VI-ing based on the apparent attitude and expressions can be useful, and that's something he acknowledged. However like he said, thinking that seeing someone is enough to type, that's wrong, when someone acts it's logically impossible to figure the real type out of that.