Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: VI is bullshit

  1. #1
    Creepy-EddieMorra

    Default VI is bullshit

    It's an incredibly stupid idea to think that by looking at someone's face you can suddenly visually identify something that only exists in theory. It's like trying to play pin the tail on the donkey blind, it ain't gonna work, they tried it in jackass and the guy got kicked in the nuts.

    This is the average member trying to VI:





    Good luck.
    Last edited by EddieMorra; 06-24-2011 at 02:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ immediate dismissal rather than consideration of evidence
    One less tool in the tool-set for you.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  3. #3
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  4. #4
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and you watch this "jackass"..?

  5. #5
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you and forum user Divided one and same person, EddieMorra?

  6. #6
    Creepy-EddieMorra

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    @ immediate dismissal rather than consideration of evidence
    One less tool in the tool-set for you.
    If Vi exists, it is being used incorrectly the vast majority of the time. It's not about identifying genetic traits such as eye shape or your nose. It's about noticing facial expressions that a certain type is more likely to exhibit.

    Let's assume that it's true that our faces are made to resemble how our mind is formed. It means nothing unless we have proof that certain modes of behavior are linked to certain characteristics in the face.

  7. #7
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's facial expressions at the least (And if it's nothing more than that, it's still highly useful). Not enough info to verify shapes of particular features correlating etc. but I have yet to see a pair of face doubles turn out to be obviously different types.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  8. #8
    Creepy-EddieMorra

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    It's facial expressions at the least (And if it's nothing more than that, it's still highly useful). Not enough info to verify shapes of particular features correlating etc. but I have yet to see a pair of face doubles turn out to be obviously different types.
    Occasionally look-alikes can be very different types if they happen to have similar facial characteristics by mere chance.

  9. #9
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Trevor View Post
    Are you and forum user Divided one and same person, EddieMorra?
    Interesting, but I don't see it so far. I'd go for Jinxi/Dantos.

    Hint: EddieMora thinks logically, Divided can't do that .

    I know it's unlikely to be him, considering this user is registered 2007, but we assume I don't know that.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  10. #10
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMorra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    @ immediate dismissal rather than consideration of evidence
    One less tool in the tool-set for you.
    If Vi exists, it is being used incorrectly the vast majority of the time. It's not about identifying genetic traits such as eye shape or your nose. It's about noticing facial expressions that a certain type is more likely to exhibit.

    Let's assume that it's true that our faces are made to resemble how our mind is formed. It means nothing unless we have proof that certain modes of behavior are linked to certain characteristics in the face.
    Incorrect. VI is not used to identify facial expressions but to see which genetic makeup the facial structure falls into of the 16 types.

    The way Drew's head leans forward from her body indicates how I type a person as a J type, for instance:


  11. #11
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Booin' at maritsa.

  12. #12
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMorra View Post
    If Vi exists, it is being used incorrectly the vast majority of the time. It's not about identifying genetic traits such as eye shape or your nose. It's about noticing facial expressions that a certain type is more likely to exhibit.
    Incorrect. VI is not used to identify facial expressions but to see which genetic makeup the facial structure falls into of the 16 types.
    But that's what he stated - and the problem -, Maritsa.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  13. #13
    Robot Assassin Pa3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

  14. #14
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMorra View Post

    If Vi exists, it is being used incorrectly the vast majority of the time. It's not about identifying genetic traits such as eye shape or your nose. It's about noticing facial expressions that a certain type is more likely to exhibit.

    Let's assume that it's true that our faces are made to resemble how our mind is formed. It means nothing unless we have proof that certain modes of behavior are linked to certain characteristics in the face.
    Incorrect. VI is not used to identify facial expressions but to see which genetic makeup the facial structure falls into of the 16 types.

    The way Drew's head leans forward from her body indicates how I type a person as a J type, for instance:

    Then you would type me as a J person, and you would be wrong.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMorra View Post
    It's an incredibly stupid idea to think that by looking at someone's face you can suddenly visually identify something that only exists in theory.
    It's an incredibly stupid idea to think, if something is a hypothesis - it's wrong.
    As also to think, if you are incompetent in something and can't use it effectively - no one can. Many use nonverbal behavior in VI and there is no significant facts to think, that Jungian type have no significant influence to nonverbal behavior. But there are significant subjective facts to think, that it's effective way to identify types - because it gives good prognosis for abilities and relations of people I know. Acoording to phisiognomy as VI - I'm not a supporter of it.

    Another incredibly stupid idea is to think, that your speculative interpretaion of doubtful in trustworthiness and fullness for typing texts and verbal behavior without experimantal basis for correlations you use - is a precise method and allways better than image method (version of VI based on intuitive impressions from nonverbality).
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  16. #16
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Peoples type comes out in their face a little. Like you can almost always identify an SLE immediately by their utterly practical look and immediate connection to the environment.

    You can see Ne leading pretty easily too, speaking of drew Barrymore. It's sort of a young innocent playful look.

    There are other IMs that express pretty readily. Its not that reliable on it's own, rather should be taken aspect of an overall socionics diagnostic.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    The way Drew's head leans forward from her body indicates how I type a person as a J type
    I have your PMs and they tell a different tale, in fact, you sent me once photos, exemplary ones of course, in which some random folks pose the same way as in this photo you posted, stating this is "a P type". What happened ? You got your "theories and method" mixed up or something ?

    Normally, I wouldn't give a flying toss about the things you say, but it is so illogical and dumb, I just can't hold myself back. Not to mention it is funny as heck.

    EDIT: One more thing, go back to beta.

  18. #18
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Why don't you judge him in the context of this thread only? I think he has a good point, VI is also rejected by a lot of socionists because it desn't make much sense. There are twins and brothers who look almost identically and have different sociotypes, in fact that is the case between me and my brother, we have even the same voice and a speech patterns. Virtually everyone who meets us the first time confuses us with each other for several days or weeks, depending on how much we interact or how long it takes them to notice other details (attitude, face expression, etc). There are unrelated people who look almost identically but who have radically different personalities, too.

    Indeed, VI-ing based on the apparent attitude and expressions can be useful, and that's something he acknowledged. However like he said, thinking that seeing someone is enough to type, that's wrong, when someone acts it's logically impossible to figure the real type out of that.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •