Thread: LA Noire (game)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LA Noire (game)

Anyone played through this one? It's kind of hard to type any of them really, so I was mostly interested in Cole Phelps, the protagonist.

This video has a clip of the actor they used to play him in the game, Aaron Staton. He's the tractor guy.

Overall, the portrayal is about the same, only Cole Phelps is a darker, edgy persona of a man ravaged by the private horrors of war. xSTj? This is pretty much the first mission you go on, so spoilers are more or less minimal.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played through it. I guess Cole could be LSE?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wldkfsodfsdlfskd

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't played it yet, but I'm looking forward to it, from a technical POV. The facial animation is unseen before! however the plot seems artificial. Not sure if "LA Noire" is just marketing, but this title does not predict anything good. You make a drama, you don't call it "drama" - hence you do a noire, you don't call it "noire", just to fill it up with adulterate content for being sold to predictable snobs. I don't expect realistic characters from spurious projects.

Hint: everything comes from Max Payne via Rockstar, McNamara wants to have his masterpiece made but he's just a redneck. In fact one could figure out how it occured to them, the less you understand the cultural value of something, the more convinced you are you can reproduce and sell it. I imagine the catchy word "noire" echoing in his mind since the reviews of MP, thinking "I'm gunna doo one o'those myself huh huh huh!"
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good, fun game to play. And the facial capture on it really is practically like space technology from the future!