Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Type-related questions?

I was wondering what people thought were good questions to ask people that the answers would be more likely to reveal more type-related information. I guess I don't really mean questions like "what are your interests" as that's a rather broad question. But nor do I mean questions like "when stepping over a mud puddle which foot do you put forth first?" or questions that would more likely just not yield much information that says much of anything.

Mainly in this world where everything is type-related in some sense but yet nothing is really type-related... what information actually is type related?

I suppose mainly when someone begins actually talking on a subject they may eventually begin betraying their type... so perhaps questions don't matter as long as they get people talking.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What about the information that is not type-related in itself but the way it's presented is type-related?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    What about the information that is not type-related in itself but the way it's presented is type-related?
    Idk. Maybe some questions would be better at getting at that than others. I just don't really understand what good questions are for these things.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, hm... Usually I try to get a feel for the person first based on body language and what I already know about them. I watch the way they carry themselves, what their eyes do (are they focused or dreamy most of the time), if they seem to notice things or walk around oblivious, etc. Then I listen in on their conversations with other people. Finally, if I think I have it narrowed down to a few types, I might strike up a conversation about anything and see how it goes. Typing, to me, is the whole package. It's never about something someone said or how they answered a specific question. But as time goes on, with more and more interaction with said person, it *usually* (not always) becomes apparent. But types are different and little details can throw you off if you focus too much on them.

If I suspect a person is beta, I will sometimes say something a little eyebrow-raising and see how they react. If they laugh, if they eat it up or if they narrow their eyes, those can be clues. haha Bait them and see! If I remember correctly, mercutio is pretty good at that sort of thing. Testing people to get a reaction. It doesn't always give you perfect information but it's fun.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I was thinking more in a hypothetical diagnostic way... not trying to actually ask people I encounter irl these questions. It's more wondering which questions are good questions for this (not wondering how to go about typing people I interact with irl). For instance in the "What's My Type" subforum... what kind of questions and information is more useful at getting at these things...?

I know I'm being vague but I've always found this kind of confusing in ways difficult to explain.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have respondents describe collections of photos, asking questions such as:

What kind of discussion are these people having?

What's going on this scene?

What does this represent?

What would the benefits and drawbacks be to living here?

What does this do?

That way the questions aren't so loaded with the inquirer's expectations or terms.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think I was thinking more in a hypothetical diagnostic way... not trying to actually ask people I encounter irl these questions. It's more wondering which questions are good questions for this (not wondering how to go about typing people I interact with irl). For instance in the "What's My Type" subforum... what kind of questions and information is more useful at getting at these things...?

I know I'm being vague but I've always found this kind of confusing in ways difficult to explain.
    oh sorry!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like k0rpsey's answer.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post

That way the questions aren't so loaded with the inquirer's expectations or terms.
    I liked a lot the picture with the kissing faces. It's a strong picture. But to ask what it represents sounds like expecting something. I would hate to have to explain it, I wouldn't really know what to say, I just like to take it in. Thanks for posting!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could set up a scenario/hypothetical situation and ask them how they would react and why they would react in that way.

For example, if you wanted to examine vs , make some shiz up:

"Say you were at a party with a bunch of friends, but you were currently having a bad day. Would you put on a happy face, play the role of a person having fun and mask your misery for the sake of others? Or, would you see this as ungenuine and express yourself as you feel?"

Then ask why, etc., etc

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    I liked a lot the picture with the kissing faces. It's a strong picture. But to ask what it represents sounds like expecting something. I would hate to have to explain it, I wouldn't really know what to say, I just like to take it in.
    You aren't alone in finding it difficult to sum up what it is about certain art pieces is so evocative. I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment but if you poke around online you'll find studies showing that people don't usually understand exactly why they respond to art as they do. So other than potentially getting a glimpse at a respondent's irrational side the only expectation I see here is that a response to be analyzed would be given at all. Naturally this sort of quiz will require more or less thoughtful effort depending on the images and the respondent, but better questions could certainly be developed through trial and error. The ones above were only offered as examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Thanks for posting!
    Thanks for your reply :)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The kissing faces looks like an ancient statue used to scare gays.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As for k0rpsey's questions:

What kind of discussion are these people having?

black and yellow - "you tripped me out there on the ice with your stick, you son-of-a-bitch!"
    white and red - "what the hell are you talking about?"

What's going on this scene?

A military scout person is going on something of a recon mission, and he ran into natives, who weren't friendly nor violent, just kinda there. The one native guy grabs the military person's telescope, partially out of curiosity at the object, and partially to mildly provoke the military person... the native sees the military person show fear, and gets ready to throw the first punch, hopefully igniting the crowd of fellow natives to join him in beating down the military person...

What does this represent?

The blurring, and eventual erasure, of individual identities, as well as the limits associated with them, as people learn to connect with each other further and further.

What would the benefits and drawbacks be to living here?

Technology is very advanced, human lifespans have no effective ceiling on them anymore, but there are still lots of poor people who fall through the cracks, and a little more greenery would be nice...

What does this do?

Drum microphone!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could simply ask them their type.
    :3

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Or you could simply ask them their type.
    :3
    SHUDDAP. PICTURES ARE BETTER AND FANCIER