Thread: Differences and Similarities of ENFps and INTps

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Differences and Similarities of ENFps and INTps

Hey, as I've said in my previous posts I'm going through an identity crisis where I thought I was ENFp for 7 years and now thinking INTp is a distinct possibility. I just wanted to know what you guys know are the similarities and differences between these types.

From what I read, in social matters ENFps tend to be mostly goofy and social, and occasionally reclusive and pensive, while INTps are the other way around. Mostly reclusive and pensive and occasionally goofy and social. If this were true, I'd say I was INTp, but this is a bit of a generalization.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they both value and , so they will resonate in those matters. But I dunno, those types are completely different to me.

Basically, you're asking if illusionary partners look the same..

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guy123 View Post
    Well they both value and , so they will resonate in those matters. But I dunno, those types are completely different to me.

Basically, you're asking if illusionary partners look the same..
    Yes, I think that's where the confusion lies. I'm not asking if they look the same most of the time, I'm asking if they look the same only some of the time.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my ILI and I are together for long periods of time, we can kinda start to act like each other.

We both spend a lot of time in our heads, though focused on different things. He likes to think a lot about the future-- both the plausible and the impossible. I am more focused on present concerns and making more realistic plans.

We both love reading and learning. We both love fiction.

He would rather go without certain comforts and conveniences in favor of save his money "for a rainy day." I would rather spend my money on something enjoyable or useful now.

He cares a lot about people and tries to understand them, but is sadly unsuccessful. I understand people easily, and sometimes wish that I didn't. We both believe in serving the truly needy and being loyal friends.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    When my ILI and I are together for long periods of time, we can kinda start to act like each other.

We both spend a lot of time in our heads, though focused on different things. He likes to think a lot about the future-- both the plausible and the impossible. I am more focused on present concerns and making more realistic plans.

We both love reading and learning. We both love fiction.

He would rather go without certain comforts and conveniences in favor of save his money "for a rainy day." I would rather spend my money on something enjoyable or useful now.

He cares a lot about people and tries to understand them, but is sadly unsuccessful. I understand people easily, and sometimes wish that I didn't. We both believe in serving the truly needy and being loyal friends.
    Your boyfriend sounds a lot like me.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoungAndAware View Post
    Your boyfriend sounds a lot like me.
    Eh.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they can be very similar, both being intuitives on a crea-Te/crea-Fi axis. Both may seem to follow their own path and be somewhat laid-back and individualistic. For the individual, it may be easy to imagine oneself as both types. But when observing others, they're less likely to be confused. The way they typically interact with and are perceived by others is very different.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He cares a lot about people and tries to understand them, but is sadly unsuccessful. I understand people easily, and sometimes wish that I didn't.
    what do you mean by "sometimes wish that I didn't"? why? seeing too much of the negative stuff? boredom because of predictability? too much empathy? sth else?
    also, I would like to hear more about the INTP's problem with understanding other people from your ENFP perspective.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marietta View Post
    what do you mean by "sometimes wish that I didn't"? why? seeing too much of the negative stuff? boredom because of predictability? too much empathy? sth else?
    All of the above? Maybe because I am Fi-Creative and so naturally concerned with nurturing a bond with others; but at the same time my Ne-Base requires me to pursue my own intuitive interests and gets annoyed when I have to focus too much on other people's concerns while neglecting my own interests. Or maybe it has to do with being Fe-Demonstrative, naturally and subconsciously responding to others' emotions and later getting annoyed with myself and others for being so overly emotional.

also, I would like to hear more about the INTP's problem with understanding other people from your ENFP perspective.
    Okay. What I have observed, is that he often tries to interpret people's actions/body language to indicate their non-vocalized thoughts or feelings. Usually when he does this, it is to imagine that the person in question is somehow disapproving of him, offended by him, or otherwise thinking poorly of him. Or he'll commit some sort of (usually minor) social faux pas, and worry that someone won't like him anymore, when in reality it is highly likely that no one even took notice of or cares about what he did wrong, and even if they did it's not likely that one incident is going to color their entire perception of him as the guy they know.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or he'll commit some sort of (usually minor) social faux pas, and worry that someone won't like him anymore, when in reality it is highly likely that no one even took notice of or cares about what he did wrong, and even if they did it's not likely that one incident is going to color their entire perception of him as the guy they know.
    This is pretty accurate.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good question.

An INTp will be more critical, an ENFp will be more 'hey everybody let's all try to get along!'

I don't know man. =p

Both can be introverted and shy, though an ENFp will be more interested in playing therapist whereas an INTp will have more of a sardonic nature. However, the INTp will be more secretly romantic than an ENFp.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aware View Post
    Hey, as I've said in my previous posts I'm going through an identity crisis where I thought I was ENFp for 7 years and now thinking INTp is a distinct possibility. I just wanted to know what you guys know are the similarities and differences between these types.

From what I read, in social matters ENFps tend to be mostly goofy and social, and occasionally reclusive and pensive, while INTps are the other way around. Mostly reclusive and pensive and occasionally goofy and social. If this were true, I'd say I was INTp, but this is a bit of a generalization.
    If you are trying to determine your type, perhaps try it another way: assume you are either one of these types, and then try to determine how well your intertype relations work out from that perspective. After years of pondering, I still do not know how to work out my type from the descriptions, but working from intertype relations only one type works out beautifully.

Hope this helps.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Hey, as I've said in my previous posts I'm going through an identity crisis where I thought I was ENFp for 7 years and now thinking INTp is a distinct possibility.

what about the part of ENFP descritpion which refers to being very friendly, liked by everyone and optimistic (vs INTP often described as just the opposite)? do you identify with that?

I'm curious how it manifests in your life cause I have been thinking about how being an extroverted ethical is sometimes authomatically identified with having great people skills. I wonder if it is like that, especially with Fi valuers.