Thread: Your observations of duality couples

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your observations of duality couples

Let me know if something like this already exists here.

I thought it might be cool to post observations specifically about each of the dual couples, how their "two halves of a whole coin" manifests individually.

Things you've noticed about each dual couple and so on. Whatever kind of observations you want to post about things you notice.

Alpha:
    ESE/LII
    SEI/ILE

Beta:
    EIE/LSI
    IEI/SLE

Gamma:
    ESI/LIE
    SEE/ILI

Delta:
    SLI/IEE
    LSE/EII

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm a dual with my boyfriend.

I'm calm and patient; he's short tempered, proud, controlling, and authoritarian.

I am not precise and detailed; he is precise, detailed, and pensive in his work.

He's negativist and I'm positivist.

He dislikes chores and household cleaning, but is very organized and loves to do big work like painting and repairs; I love doing repetitive work like washing dishes and cleaning, but hate to paint and do repairs.

Lots of other things.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-11-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

I'm calm and patient; he's short tempered, proud, controlling, and authoritarian.

I am not precise and detailed; he is precise, detailed, and pensive in his work.

He dislikes choirs and household cleaning, but is very organized and loves to do big work like painting and repairs; I love doing repetitive work like washing dishes and cleaning, but hate to paint and do repairs.

Lots of other things.
    I have an EII friend... actually two EII friends that always tell me they don't want to be controlled by anyone, so it's interesting to hear that their dual can be controlling/authoritarian.

Do you not mind it when it's being done by an LSE? How does this play out? Thanks for your input, Maritsa!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post

He dislikes choirs and household cleaning, but is very organized and loves to do big work like painting and repairs; I love doing repetitive work like washing dishes and cleaning, but hate to paint and do repairs.

Lots of other things.
    I have an EII friend... actually two EII friends that always tell me they don't want to be controlled by anyone, so it's interesting to hear that their dual can be controlling/authoritarian.

Do you not mind it when it's being done by an LSE? How does this play out? Thanks for your input, Maritsa!
    I don't understand, how is that possible; they must not be typed correctly because that's what LSE do - CONTROL; there must be a typing error because many people mistake SEE for EII and SEE do not like being controlled. That's how that plays out; pretty much that they are typed incorrectly.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    EIE & LSI couples come off as... kinky. I'm not joking. It also seems like they get into little spats and blow ups quite often, but at the same time it kind of appears like they need & thrive on this kind of dynamic.

Uh, I've already kind of exhausted the topic on SLE - IEI. Shift through my older posts.
    I don't get into spats with my boyfriend; we don't like to argue. We discuss things, quietly and move on.

I absolutely dislike arguing.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We're controlling, but not on purpose.

The dual I have the most recent memories of is Uniden.
    I'm self-assured and he's not. He's more thoughtful than I am. We both have the same values. I don't understand emotions. He doesn't seem to have a problem in that area. He's not one who readily acts, so I feel it's my duty to nudge him into doing something. I also have more opinions on than he does.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's see...I have more...

I say "We have a whole hour"; He says "We only have an hour"
    He's tense, plans, and sticks to his plan; I diverge and try new things
    We both like to try new places to eat
    We both read a lot and have a lot of similar interests.
    We are on two extreme temperaments; he's rushed, impatient, gets annoyed at little inconveniences, like parking and I'm calm and these things don't touch my mood at all.
    I worry about my health, he doesn't at all and he has a way of calming my worries.
    He ignores his health issues and I'm good at getting people to the doctor when they need to go. Although, I'm sure this could change with kids.

From him:
    * I seem to believe my life's worth hinges on being important to a great many people, where I think you're happy just being important to the people who are important to you.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He dislikes choirs
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE: engaged with the outside world
    IEI: engaged with inner world

SLE: draws attention to the physically obvious
    IEI: draws attention to the hidden

SLE: hard on himself/herself--pushes without knowing when to stop
    IEI: helps relax, forces SLE to take breaks

SLE: seeks good relations
    IEI: provides good relations (not only with self but with outsiders)

okay, okay, so these are too general. I'll come back to it later.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    He dislikes choirs
    lol chores

I've also noticed some important things:

He serves like a mobilizer to keep me from being harmed by other people by moving me out of the way or pulling me aside when I unattentively block other people's view. I do believe this has either to do with being in my head at the moment (introversion), being distracted, or Se.

In creation of stories, I'm better about expressing relationships and how they go.

He's better at remembering information (mass amounts of it) than I am and this helps me a lot because, he remembers which books I have and so when we're at the book store, I don't have to want to buy it again because I don't remember if I have it. At any given time, I'll have something like 500 books I'll want to read and I buy most of my books used; when I see a copy of something for a really cheap price, I'm tempted to buy it, but sometimes I'll have the book and not remember that I have that title. My dual remembers all the books I have; he's an excellent portable reference and unlike a cold object, he will kiss me while letting me know that I have something or not.

We both enjoy art, museums, and dancing. We're members of public radio, classical music station and we take full advantage of our memberships. This is nice because we always have so much to do.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-11-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I grew up in a family with my duals so I have always been attuned to my duals and their style; I just had a really hard time finding a mature dual who wasn't commitment shy or driven by their work into a life where they limited themselves to their goal. My boyfriend, finding me, was truly wonderful. I tell people, who are in search for duals, to not give up their search or hope. Sometimes you have to educate your dual into seeing you for their dual too. I know Matt, my boyfriend, being a perfectionist, idealized women and wanted that idealization to manifest in the person he chose to be with and if the person lacked certain qualities that he himself tried to look like or live up to he would easily lose interest in the individual. This was subconscious when he met me. He realized this about himself when I told him what he was doing and that he would have to accept that I couldn't be perfect in image, action, or behavior to what he is idealizing, but that I would help him live the perfection he desires. Some duals don't want to accept this and some have their ears and eyes closed to seeing what their subconscious is doing to jeopardized their relations, but there are those who give up and open up and when they do they will see how you fit with them, perfectly.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-11-2011 at 04:34 AM.
    -