not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Imaginative Sensors and Unimaginative Intuitives

Do you know any? And if so, what else about them makes you so certain of their S/N strengths, regardless of their vivid imagination or lack thereof?

Is it possible/probable that imagination may have more to do with intelligence rather than S/N preferences?

How do the imaginations of Sensors differ from those of Intuitives?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing with simple definitions eh? I heard that's dangerous thinking.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frankly, no.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some very imaginative sensors and some very unimaginative intuitives.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    frankly, no.
    shut the fuck up?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Average everything is lame, mind doesnt find much possibility learn new or experience through average, unless you are under the average. And here specifically im relating to the scale of intuitiveness and imagination. Averagelly intuitives are gonna be more imaginative but in a boring way. But there are many sensors that descripe theyr experience of the world in a very colourful way.

LIKE I DO.

LIKE LABCOAT DOES NOT and without drugs will not.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, "imagination" is very vague. Are you talking about an inner world/life, or the ability to produce complex and entirely imaginary things?

Imaginativeness is imaginativeness. I would say the only consistent relationship between type and imagination is what sort of imaginary things a person produces in their head. (Fe types often personify things, and naturally read human emotions into things that don't have them, for instance, like insects or animals.)

Imagining things is pretty universally human, to my awareness, especially in the sense of "seeing things that aren't there". Anything we think of that isn't perceived through the senses is imagined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagination

You could also potentially assign imagination to temperament. I think IPs fairly consistently have an attitude of "there's more to the real world than what you can see".

If you look up the old user Olga, she had a "butterfly model of the psyche". She also made a bunch of threads asking types about their favourite music, and the blurb in those threads went over creative themes in the temperaments.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say I'm a not very imaginative person generally, but I have the craziest, most awesome dreams ever on the regular.

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empirically, studies have shown that intelligence is positively correlated with creativity up to a certain point (approximately an IQ of 120), after which there is no longer any relationship. That is, a person with an IQ of 150 is no more likely to be creative than a person with an IQ of 125. Of course, different people may mean different things by "imagination", so this may not apply.

However, it's certainly true that intuitives need not be imaginative; I, for example, am not imaginative at all, despite being an intuitive. Conversely, sensors can be very imaginative; this may manifest itself in their artworks, for example. Being imaginative requires both willingness and capability; whereas intuitives may have an inherent advantage in the former category, they have no such advantage in the latter one. Thus, there are bound to be intuitives who happen to have little capacity for imaginative thought, and sensors who have great potential for imaginative thought; this discrepancy could then be sufficient to overwhelm their differences in temperament.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ENTp brother is the least imaginative person I know.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My SLI drummer friend is absolutely unreal on the drums, tons of little details in his playing that I never would have ever considered, my LSE friend is almost always making some type of computer-oriented gadget, saving himself loads of money on adapters all the while...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Imaginative Sensor - my LSE boyfriend, who can come up with so many stories and writes so well about them. He's very expressive albeit very presise and very pensive about his work.

Unimaginative Intuitive - I LOOK that way, but there's a rich world of imagination on the inside.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't consider myself a very imaginative person, but I do manage to come up with unique and awesome ideas from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    How do the imaginations of Sensors differ from those of Intuitives?
    I tend to derive my imaginative ideas from focused observation, attention to detail, and sensations.
    Last edited by Park; 06-18-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    frankly, no.
    shut the fuck up?
    Troll.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not imaginative in a vacuum at least. I need stimulating experiences or something I'm really fixated on to start getting inspired. And with some hobbies, I'd say I work with my hands more. Like with music.. I don't premeditate much. Some ideas emerge while I'm dabbling around.. then I might sit back and start imagining more things to do with it, if not improvise. Some kind of contact with the "sensory" is like a stimulus for whatever intuition comes about. I'm not sure how to seperate it all.. like are "stronger" intuitive people getting more sudden revelatory experiences?

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im somewhat imaginative. Was more when young.
    I often imagine some spatial scene war , or music, painting I perhaps will made one day. Or fragmentalize and destroy a theory I dont agree front of 200 ppl lol.
    Like previous post, imagination begin often about existing things, and can be modeled with my rationnal side and what i want to make (fi dom). Its rarely "free daydream" as i suppose do Ni dom.
    This capability can be seriously damaged by anxiety. Hopefully im not always into.
    The more anxious im (meaning the more real world aggravate me, or the more me aggravate me :s) the more my imagination turn about reality and rationnal stuff(and the more it suck)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband isn't particularly imaginative, but I don't think that means sensors can't be imaginative. There have been sensor writers, musicians, artists, whatever else, and they couldn't do what they do without some level of imagination. My brother is ESI and I think is at least fairly imaginative. I have an SEI neighbor who seems pretty imaginative too. Oh, and an ESI neighbor who seems pretty imaginative. I suppose I'd think of more if I kept sitting here thinking.

My sister is EII but doesn't seem particularly imaginative. My mom is LIE and doesn't seem particularly imaginative to me. Hmm maybe a bit but not that much. Again, I could probably think of others if I sat here and thought about it. "Intuitive" and "imaginative" aren't synonymous anyway.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"imaginative" no; "creative" yes; "smart" yes.
    imaginative != creative != smart