Thread: How do you get along with deltas?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you get along with deltas?

Last edited by eliza; 09-08-2011 at 03:52 PM.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can definitely get along with any type.

EIIs I tend to find a little boring, but we can always find something to laugh about and have a good time. The biggest problem with them is that you never know what's going to offend them, and then they'll either get all quiet (obviously judging you), or if you're close (or they're particularly forward) you'll be engaged in a Moral Confrontation in which they explain why what you said was Not Appropriate. That is irritating. But like I said, as long as you keep it superficial, they can actually be a whole lot of fun.

LSEs... eh... I mean, I can get along with them. I can make them laugh and stuff. But they're just confusing in general, and while I can follow their obsessive compulsion as necessary, if it satisfies an important goal for me, I would absolutely never ever ever put up with that in my inner circle of friends/family. I would remove myself from a close relationship with a person like that pretty quickly. But again, superficially, we can get along fine, as long as I present a good amount of mask.

IEEs I actually get along with pretty well. I don't mind them. Of all the deltas I think I like them the best. I just have to avoid certain sensitive issues, but since IEEs are more forward, it's usually easier to ascertain what the sensitive spots are. (For instance, I have a good IEE friend that I just don't talk about politics with). They're a lot of fun if you can get them gossipping about something that's in their safe zone of things to gossip about. It's even fun to let them get on their soapbox about their issue of choice, as long as you don't have strong feelings about the issue and can avoid letting them know your actual opinion.

SLIs. They confuse me the most out of all the deltas. I'm pretty sure I like them, but I'm never sure if they like me (I think that's reciprocal). They're usually dependable and fun, and often funny if you get them out of their shell. I'm just never sure about them, and that makes me nervous. But I really admire their dependability, at least all the ones I know. I don't think I've ever met a flakey SLI (perhaps they exist?). So yeah. This is usually a relationship of mutual appreciation in which neither party is secure enough in the appreciation to really grow all that close. Also I usually don't have any interest in being best friends with an SLI. I just sort of like them if they're around, and I really feel in their debt when they help me out. But I wouldn't go seek one out, to be honest.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eliza View Post
    It's funny when I discovered socionics I mistyped myself as an IEE because I was thinking in MBTI terms, and when I read LSE was my dual I knew something was completely offfff.
    LSEs and IEEs aren't duals.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love deltas. I'm thinking about retyping LSE. New day, new me. I feel like donning a wifebeater, voting Republican, getting drunk, and reaming some Beta ST's ass.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    I love deltas. I'm thinking about retyping LSE. New day, new me. I feel like donning a wifebeater, voting Republican, getting drunk, and reaming some Beta ST's ass.
    oh, you.

i feel like this probably should have gotten old by now but it hasnt for me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty good with Deltas.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Trevor View Post
    I'm pretty good with Deltas.
    guffaw

also: ditto

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

One of my closest friends is EII as well. We have our misunderstandings, but at the same time both of us can manage to arrive at exactly same insights, which is surprising given how different we are. With IEEs I get along with Ne subtypes better than Fi-IEEs. With LSEs I tend to have most conflict with Si-LSEs because they seem to be the more preoccupied with stability and 'normalcy' than Te-LSEs, who seem more easy-going and open-minded to me. They are also more given into making jokes in conversation to diffuse potentially uncomfortable situations. So I get along with Te-LSEs better. With SLIs - the Te-subtype. There seems to be this awkward process of trying to get to know and impress one another that doesn't culminate in any positive results.
    Last edited by silke; 03-18-2012 at 06:44 AM.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get along okay, it's hit and miss. I do get tension with SLI some times but it's minor and I usually forget about any pet peeves they may inflict.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eliza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    With SLIs prolly the Si-subtype. There seems to be this awkward process of trying to get to know and impress one another that doesn't culminate in any positive results.
    I know exactly what you mean.
    THIS exactly.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get along reasonably well with Delta NFs. I don't get along with Delta STs.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

male ENFps are usually one-sided annoyed at me. Like they're pissed at me for something, but I tend not to have an issue with them. Me and female ENFps get along okay. Sometimes great, even.

ESTj, the stereotypical 'workaholic' director type of the socion. Conservative values, work hard, all they talk about stuff I'm not too interested in. Natural clash.

ISTp. I get along with them okay but they tend to be suspicious of me. I probably also 'hurt their delta feelings.'

INFj, I can get along with them okay and connect on the fact that we both share the same sort of social timidty and shared sentimentality. But here's the thing. They tend to be spiritual and religious and I'm just not, and so we clash on that aspect. They're also kind of...housewife-ish or something in that conservative way that I'm not really, although we both tend to be homebodies.

They also are offended and aghast by my 'throat fuck humor' usually I've noticed.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get along with Deltas very well actually.One of my best friends is an SLI, but I think it has to do with the fact that we are both E4's. I had a close friend for a # of years that was an IEE and we were practically inseparable. And the one guy who I think I was in love with was a definite LSE.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I get along with Deltas very well actually.One of my best friends is an SLI [...] And the one guy who I think I was in love with was a definite LSE.
    You didn't think they were boring? Mundane? Excessively obsessed with petty, inane details?

What's your interaction with Delta STs like, exactly?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Excessively obsessed with petty, inane details?
    ISTj-ENFp 5w6sp/so-3w4sx/sp-8w9so/sx ESTP sLoEN dramatic

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petty inane details like whether there's a microscopic stain in the bathroom, or whether the lawn's mowed all right, or whether the food has a trace of MSG...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh ya i forgot all deltas are concerned with stuff like that i should have remembered we all have spotless bathrooms carry on

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw that profile sounds... quite sexy.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lmfao. you're exasperating but impossible for me to dislike. be alpha already.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    ... we all have spotless bathrooms ...
    haha, damn i must have mis-typed myself, delta is where I really belong

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI

I don't know an Istp who i am not really good friends with. I think the VS cognitive style might have alot to do with it, because i find that we process information similarly. As an infp, ill notice that i lose people as im explaining things because they dont know all the "generalities" and shit that i can make sense of. But Istp's i don't have to stop and explain things to. They get it. All Istp's i've met have had a really good relationship with me. The Pokemon metaphor's are appreciated and everyone laughs merrily.

My mother is an Infj, and i get along with them swimminglyas a group. In very much a respect kind of way, i find them totally capable of setting my priorities straight. Infj's as a whole, i think they're strong people. Very strong.

Enfp's - We'll talk about similar topics, but there's always a nod going on because we both know exactly what the other means, its just we cant really add anything Helpful. Unless its a girl Enfp, with them we just end up talking about sex alot.

Estj's - I don't know any closely. Odd.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE - one of my friends from small times (second grade or so) is LSE and an all around awesome dude, and when we get together, the humor that happens is unreal I know another LSE who plays guitar, we can understand each other a good deal, though he's much rootsier aesthetically than I am (blues, blues, and more blues, and he can differentiate between different varieties of blues - he's really done his research); another LSE is my neighbor, really loves his lawn, trees, lawnmowers, has been making mulch in the yard and caring for the soil for years - they all dislike incompetence on a practical level, can spot it, and get a bit amused when they see it in action and pissed when they can't correct it (or fix the root of the issue) due to external factors, which I can totally understand

EII - a cousin of mine is EII, we've got a lot of the same values, but what happens lots is she tries to "shush" me, which of course makes me start roaring that much louder and then, of course, I make a remark about quietness being a horrible thing, and do so loudly don't know a lot of other EIIs yet, I hope I don't drive them off, they seem like pretty awesome people

IEE - I keep making music with IEEs! and they keep ending up on guitar... anyways, they seem like they have loads and loads of ideas, but the ideas never get committed to as concretely as I'd like to see happen, then they get "bored", which is apparently an impediment to getting things done on a practical level... really friendly, wonderful people to be around, about the nicest people out there too, always want to give them hugs, or when that doesn't work, food...

SLI - I make music with an SLI, I work with one, and a friend of mine's dad is one nothing relaxes a place quite like an SLI, I'm not sure what to say about them because they're pretty quiet - not in a "shy" or "nervous" way, but more of an "I'm doing things right now" kinda way... great to work with, the ones I know have my back if anything needs done, and they're really good at working with anything physical or mechanical in particular; my friend's dad has tons of snowblowers and machines in the garage, they always get fixed up right and I got an amazing snowblower from him for a very thoughtful price
    Last edited by woofwoofl; 06-30-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: unintentionally ambiguous sentence needed to be fixed again aarrgg
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only going to talk about the ones I've personally known well and over a length of time.

I get along well with ISTps, but conversation is totally dead. We have nothing to say to each other. They're great for doing outdoor sport type stuff with, or working on mechanical/physical projects.

ESTjs talk too much and are always trying to teach someone something. Some are fun anyways, interesting and tell great stories, others are just boring in every way.

INFjs make loyal friends, but I feel observed and judged around them after awhile, like I have to watch myself and my behavior. They like me and like my dependability, and we always get along really well at first, but notice over time how much our values diverge.

ENFps are flakey. They promise much and deliver little. I have never been able to count on them for anything. They can be fun to hang out with if I run into them randomly, and they're great for unplanned adventures, but that's it.

I've never had a true open conflict with any delta I've known. My best fights are reserved for the other quadras lol. I believe that there is no such thing as people who actually know each other well that get along perfectly. If it's always smooth sailing with no irritation or misunderstandings between you and someone else, one of you is lying (being fake) or you don't know each other that well yet. There's no reason for me to really conflict with deltas because I don't let them get that close (with the exception of INFjs who have been some of my better friends, and any delta family members)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How do you get along with deltas?
    Splendid.

ISTj-ENFp 5w6sp/so-3w4sx/sp-8w9so/sx ESTP sLoEN dramatic
    EIE-SEI, ESTJ, Teacher (Idyllic), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy Oldham: Dramatic > Inventive > Leisurely > Exuberant Insipid Eccentric/Schizotypal - Amorous Confident/Narcissistic Sage, True Neutral, Type III Anti-Hero Trifix: 4w3 > 6w7 > 9w8 so/sp Reactionary Nutjob

I like the ending much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited my previous post because I mixed up IEE's and EII's.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I wish I knew more EII who were not afraid of people as objects and didn't act restrained because of this.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmfao. you're exasperating but impossible for me to dislike. be alpha already.
    No.

Oh, and on second thought I'd make one slight adjustment to that type profile: SLOEI rather than SLOEN. I find it almost impossible to get along with non-curious people, regardless of type.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 07-05-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I wish I knew more EII who were not afraid of people as objects and didn't act restrained because of this.
    Ye, your whole history on here is proof of that, you're especially afraid of phallic objects.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, LSE don't change much and they don't change how they do things that have worked for them, this is why they fall back to routine and don't change their dress style much once a practical solution's been reached.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI- Se 6w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really know many Deltas at all... I seem to be a Beta and Gamma magnet.

The Deltas that I DO know are Moredhel (LSE) and an SLI.

Moredhel- He's basically my best friend. We tell each other everything and spend hours gossiping with each other (he's boring so I'm usually the one with the gossip---- I kid, I kid....). We seem to get on best when its just the two of us together or maybe one other person... otherwise we're not so chatty.

We often use eachother as a sense checker, trying to get perspective from the other side of the fense....

He also often looks after me when I'm upset... bringing me food and making me comfortable... no matter how much I squirm and get embarressed he's always been there for me. AND he gets my subway order right

He has described me as his bizarro twin from a parallel universe.

SLI friend - He and I don't have a very close friendship at all, yet we seem to gravitate towards eachother when we need a sensibility check. We seem to have a very serious friendship, in fact there isn't usually a lot of laughter which is unusual for me. I do appreciate him a lot and I find his stability makes me feel safe, which makes up for him being incredibly boring... heh.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't spent much time with Deltas (compared to other quadra representatives), but except for W. Mitt Romney and some LSE psychiatric nurses, I actually like most of the Delta STs, I respect and admire the SLIs for their skills, their intellect, and their charm. Deltas aren't quick to accept blame and that's a problem sometimes, but they're pretty cool.

The Delta NFs on average are okay, met and/or know of some I really liked, some who were too pushy, know of two whom I hated (Lincoln and Lieberman). Conflict relations are really not bad for me and often better than duality for me (Socionics primary usage for me was mental stimulation, never took it very seriously for relationships).
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    TF are you on about willis?

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just act like a disinterested, zero ambition wagecuck