not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Future SIL and BIL

I had the opportunity this past weekend to meet my brother's fiancee, and also my sister's fiance.

Brother is probably EII or LII.

Sister is SEE.

Okay, brother's intended first: My first impression of her, actually, was that she bore a striking resemblance to my SEE sister. Same laugh, similar voice intonation and quality, similar expressions. Behaviorally, though, she and my sister are quite different.

She is very touchy-feely. She would snuggle right up to my brother, eyes seeming to dare anyone to tear her away.

She claims to have this ability to "absorb pain" out of other people. She demonstrated it for me by rubbing a knot in my back, which went away rather quickly, and as soon as it did she got a splitting headache, which my brother then rubbed for her and it apparently went away.

I took her dress shopping. At first she was just going to have fun trying on the dresses and to figure out her size, because she had already found her perfect dress online for really cheap.

We drove for thirty minutes, chatting brightly all the way. When we got to the first bridal shop, she mentioned where she was planning on ordering the dress from, and they informed her that several brides had been scammed/never received their dresses ordered from that website. She was really bummed about this, but she tried to enjoy trying on the dresses anyway. When nothing at the first shop seemed quite right (and we'd received some rather poor customer service from the main lady in charge who implied that we were wasting her time if we didn't agree to buy a dress from her), we left and all the way back into town she was just quiet. I attempted conversation a few times, but she was really disheartened. I suggested we try another store, and she agreed.

The next store we went to, she was treated like a bride (imagine that!). She tried on several dresses, and when she came to the dress that she would end up settling on, she was amazed. She kept saying "I'm going to cry" over and over. She was so excited and happy.

According to my brother, his fiancee has no secrets, is perfectly open about everything. And I can believe it, based on my brief time with her.

She loves fantasy and writing. On the drive to the first bridal shop, she told me about several different ideas she'd had for various novels. She seems very imaginative. This is something she loves about my brother, too; they both want to be writers and she loves all of his story ideas. She also prefers to somehow link her stories to religion/Christianity, but without openly saying so (think like The Chronicles of Narnia).

Both she and my brother love children, and both have a rather "child-like" quality to them, an innocence, even though they are in their mid-late twenties.

Something I thought was rather weird: They have this "rule" set up, where they don't kiss each other more than five times per day (though there can be multiple kisses each time), and they have to space these brief sessions at least one hour apart; and they always save the last kiss for goodnight. The idea is to prevent any long make-out sessions (since they are saving that sort of intimacy for marriage). But the whole setup, to me, seems rather to encourage a preoccupation with kissing, rather than really helping them to keep their minds on other things. But whatever.

Will have to share more later. gtg.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Future SIL continued:

We all went to a concert together, and while we were waiting to go in I said I needed to use the restroom. She immediately reached out a hand to take my purse so I wouldn't have to take it into the restroom with me. I was impressed that she would think to do that with no prompting.

A few times I noticed that she often asked for things without saying anything, sometimes causing a little confusion. The purse incident above is one example, and I understood her intention that time. But later, we were sitting around eating grapes, and I was also cutting some paper. She held out a bunch of grapes to me and I said "No thank you," thinking she was offering me some grapes to eat. But we eventually worked out that she wanted me to cut the vine for her.

Anyway, after all this, I'm not positive. But, I'm thinking ESE seems like a good possibility. Especially as my brother is possibly LII, making them Duals. I could also see her as my Benefactor.

However, she also seems to get lost in her own head quite a bit. Like when she was all bummed after the first bridal shop visit and I kept trying to strike up a conversation, it was like she didn't even realize I was talking to her sometimes. And later, she admitted that sometimes she doesn't realize people are talking to her, when she gets lost in her own thoughts. This kinda makes me want to consider an Intuitive type. It gets confusing. Also, I'm not positive that she is not Introverted, though she says she loves to talk and socialize (though most of the time I was there she was pretty tired from staying up late and having to work at 6 AM the next morning, so maybe not as lively as she would have been otherwise).

Could she be my Identical? But I have a hard time seeing that...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On to my sister's fiance:

He wasn't really into sports in high school, but now he is on a college basketball team and is apparently-- according to my sister-- really good at it.

He is quiet. Though my sister brings out his talkative side. She helps him to lighten up and have fun. Shortly before he and my sister started dating, he apparently spent most of his time either studying or playing video games. He finally kicked himself out of the video game habit, and shortly thereafter met my sister.

He works and studies hard, and my sister "makes" him stop and relax once in a while.

He seems pretty easy-going about most things. My sister teases him, and he takes it all in stride. He says he loves her sense of humor.

I never saw it personally, but he has a car and my sister jokes that he loves the car more than he loves her.

He is in Construction Management. There is a lot of new construction going on at their school, and he and my sister took me on a tour to see it all. He was able to explain a lot about what was happening and seemed to enjoy it.

Pragmatist, maybe? ISTp? He does remind my of my ILI husband in some ways, but not in other ways.
    My life's work (haha):