Thread: Loibon Ol Doinyo Laetoli Le Baaba, MhesD

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Loibon Ol Doinyo Laetoli Le Baaba, Mhes.D

Dr./Loibon - Ol Doinyo Laetoli le Baaba is of African (Maasai) descent, born, raised, and self educated in America. He has reclaimed his tribal-aboriginal identity and cultural heritage. In doing so, le Baaba mentally and physically embodies, represents, and ideologically pays homage to the cultural diversity of all indigenous - primitive (primal) peoples. Dr./Loibon - le Baaba has lived and studied with tribal peoples in Africa, India, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, and Europe. Yet, beyond any exclusive tribal, social or cultural identity, wherever indigenous or tribal peoples are endangered, or the ecology is threatened le Baaba feels it is his home, and life’s purpose for being. Dr./Loibon - le Baaba is a yogi, mystic – occultist – shaman, and a Metaphysician, with an honorary Doctorate in Esoteric Metaphysics, from the University of Metaphysics, Los Angeles, California, Dr./Loibon – le Baaba is astute in the knowledge of all the worlds’ religions – a knowledge complimented by an in depth learning in Physics, Eastern and Western Philosophy, Theosophy - Occult Science, Cultural Anthropology, Tribal Psychology, and Humanities.

"In our western/occidental society, we have a strong tendency to see and think of things in the context of them being separate and unconnected, departmentalized. We have a strong tendency to view things from a perspective of I verses you, us verses them, or this verses that, in a linear and empirical either-or context.

We also have a natural but strong tendency to view things, believe, and live our lives according to a more personal or "egotistical" perspective. We proudly call this perspective our "Individualism," "Freedom," or "Personal Rights." Hence, the occidental mind is very comfortable with, and accustomed to ‘DUALISTIC’ values as being the basis by which we define ourselves, live, and establish our concepts and precepts of REALITY, as being the result of what is familiar, known, and/or understood by most.

The crux of the problem rests in the fundamentals of the Western/Occidental thinking process. Positivism and Empiricism are the heart of Anglo-American/Anglo-Saxon (Occidental peoples) thinking. The positivist mind dislikes, refuses to accept or understand, and in fact attempts to refute, 'abstract theorizing,' and any serious or real investigations into first and final cause (i.e., karma). A positivist way of thinking is opposed to a true 'deductive' method of thought, and by this, it is rather a superficial 'inductive' way of thinking - preferring to strictly ascribe all knowledge to the result of scientific, experiential, linear or empirical evidence. Positivist thinking is characterized by a general dislike of theorizing and (abstract) systematic thinking in favour of pragmatism, which is all stemming from a form of dualistic and separative thinking.

From its ancient, much older knowledge and experiential understandings of life, Eastern religion, philosophy, and primitive or indigenous peoples teachings, there is "No Duality" and all perceived existence or reality is actually but the multiple expressions or manifestations of the ONE SPIRITUAL – ANCESTOR REALITY. According to the different and particular doctrine or belief system, this One Reality is identified in terms of being a "Theistic" Being (God); "Nature;" or a (non theistic) "Universal Principal;" the latter of which is scientifically and metaphysically believed and deemed to be inclusive and representative of all the others. It is through these multiple and various concepts of Reality that religion and philosophy have established various doctrines and schools of belief concerning the nature of Reality, or Absolute Existence. "

GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colo. — He doesn't react to stares. He knows they will come. He's aware he looks different - his appearance is part of what he is and what he believes. Ol Doinyo Laetoli le Baaba, also known as Kali Baaba, looks like no one sitting in the Summit Coffee House in Glenwood Springs.

"You don't worry about it. I just let it be," he says. "Everybody has to grow in his own way. If you like me, great. Of course I have feelings - I'm like every other human being. I have likes and dislikes. To say I don't, I'd be lying. But I'm not ruled by that, I'm not controlled by that."

His large nose rings and lip disc inserts spark stares. His words cause frustration with a man seated nearby who shifts in his chair and sighs as Baaba speaks of God, essence, love, life, and death - among other topics. Baaba knows he's different, but he's comfortable in his own skin.

From his ears, nose, and lip hang tribal adornments from 16 different initiations completed around the world. Although he is of African descent, Baaba's face is covered with the Ta Moko tattoo of New Zealand's Maori culture. The distinctive lines from his tattoos permanently embellishing his face tell the story of who he is. A teacher. A warrior. A messenger. A man of worldly travels. A man of the Earth.

Baaba speaks low, with a voice as comforting as a father reading a bedtime story to his little girl. His voice and demeanor are soothing, but his words - like his appearance - hold your attention.

Sitting on the couch at the coffee house on a dreary Colorado afternoon, Baaba's legs are crossed Indian-style. Everything he does seems to attract attention. He does not wear shoes - his bare feet are concealed by a black robe. His neck is kept warm with a red-and-black plaid scarf. He says he hasn't wore shoes for 25 years. As a spiritual man, it's important for his feet to be bare when he touches the ground.

"My feet connect me to the Earth, and the Earth connects me to life," he says, pulling up his robe to reveal a thick brass bracelet around his ankle. "That connects me to the soul of every living thing." Baaba's ivory wrist bracelets from India and Africa and silver rings are part of his body. They are never removed. Whether it's how he lives his life or speaks his words, how he wears his jewelry or how his bare feet touch the cold ground, they are all symbols of life. "Symbolism is the key language to understanding life. Everything is symbolic," he says. "That's why jewelry is permanent. Once we put it on, it's with us forever."

His bare feet have traveled the world. As a member of many tribes from his many travels, Baaba is a tribal elder and has lived amongst the indigenous Aborigine people, been a part of their rituals, shared their customs. He has studied in Africa, Australia, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia. His travels and the lessons he's learned along the way are passed along to those around him. "I've spent most of my life trying to learn," he says. "There's always more to know. It doesn't make us superior - everyone has a teacher whether they call it that or not."

At 61 years old, Baaba is a tribal elder, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He says that people, especially children, leave an indelible impression upon him. "Every child is my child," he says. 'My family is the planet."

In his travels, Baaba doesn't always speak the language of the tribal people he visits. Rarely does that matter. He communicates in other ways, and says he never has trouble with finding a common bond. "You have the language of heart, of soul," he says. "This is the most ancient of thinking."

"I don't plan the future," he says. "I try to live in the now. Tomorrow exists, but at the same time it doesn't."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna say ILI since you're all too chicken to chime in. IP body language, disinclination to make prolonged eye contact with interlocutors, soft spoken, flattened affect, strong Ni orientation in rooting out underlying similarities between diverse appearances, Te love of accumulating knowledge, obvious Fi valuing/Fe rejection in mode of dress and decoration, NiTe appreciation for antinomies.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely an type. He talks an awful lot about how nothing is created or destroyed, interesting how he never makes a point though.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    I'm gonna say ILI since you're all too chicken to chime in. IP body language, disinclination to make prolonged eye contact with interlocutors, soft spoken, flattened affect, strong Ni orientation in rooting out underlying similarities between diverse appearances, Te love of accumulating knowledge, obvious Fi valuing/Fe rejection in mode of dress and decoration, NiTe appreciation for antinomies.
    Is the bolded part an ILI thing or an IP thing or an introversion thing?

I find that SLIs aren't disinclined to eye contact which is why i ask.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

Mostly A and C in my opinion, and something that usually disappears with comfort or familiarity. He certainly isn't speaking about topics I've known to issue from any SLIs.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I watched both vids and I heard some of it before, quite interesting. You know what kind of school/path is that ?

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly A and C in my opinion, and something that usually disappears with comfort or familiarity. He certainly isn't speaking about topics I've known to issue from any SLIs.
    You may have misunderstood me. I wasn't trying to make any implication of him being remotely SLI. I was merely trying to clarify the proximity of your comments of "IP" and "disinclined to make eye contact" and whether the latter is more directed at ILI status than IP status necessarily.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may have misunderstood me. I wasn't trying to make any implication of him being remotely SLI. I was merely trying to clarify the proximity of your comments of "IP" and "disinclined to make eye contact" and whether the latter is more directed at ILI status than IP status necessarily.
    You answered your own question here (superscripts added):
    Is the bolded part an ILI thingA or an IP thingB or an introversion thingC?

Then I said A and C were correct, eliminating B. Had you never said anything about SLIs in connection with this gent I wouldn't have either. He doesn't strike me as one, and I said so merely to agree with your assertion that an avoidant gaze isn't a stereotypical SLI trait.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You answered your own question here (superscripts added):
    Is the bolded part an ILI thingA or an IP thingB or an introversion thingC?

Then I said A and C were correct, eliminating B. Had you never said anything about SLIs in connection with this gent I wouldn't have either. He doesn't strike me as one, and I said so merely to agree with your assertion that an avoidant gaze isn't a stereotypical SLI trait.
    lol... I got the A, B, and C part. what threw me was the appearance of you trying to convince me he wasn't SLI, which I never thought in the first place.

OK i think we're clarified now.
    lol.

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In interviews he sure comes off as INXp in terms of energy. I suppose INTp because of his relatively flattened affect compared with other INFps, as you said before.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    In interviews he sure comes off as INXp in terms of energy. I suppose INTp because of his relatively flattened affect compared with other INFps, as you said before.
    I could buy IEI too but he seems Fi > Fe to me. For comparison, here's another video with le Baaba, starting with Suhotra Swami, another holy bro who seems more Fe-valuing. I say this because the Krishna dude's mannerisms are more affect-laden, and he also emphasizes the devotional group practice of ecstatic chanting rather what seems to be le Baaba's more individualistic, contemplative, intellectualized approach.