Thread: Social significance/dominance of socionics types

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Social significance/dominance of socionics types

When a group of people come together, social hierarchies tend to form, the order of people in the these 'orders of social significance' or 'orders of social influence' are effected by many things, namely inteligence, skill, wealth, attractiveness, success, conformity etc etc People at the top are listened to more intently, and their views/opinions are given greater weight. This is true both on a local level, in small groups of friends and on a large scale, encompasing all of society. My question is, does type have an effect on these hierarchies?

I think on the large scale no, but on the small scale within, eg, groups of friends yes.

Loosely speaking(off the top of my head), often found at the top are:
    ESTP, ENFJ, INFJ, ESTJ, ENFP

middle:
    The rest

Bottom:
    INTJ, INTP, ISTP, ISFP

Any thoughts? If so and the above seems reasonable, is it Fe and Se that cause this effect?, other functions? or is this unrelated to type completely/enough so that type doesnt matter?
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that there's hierarchies. I'm not sure the types you pick are always on top or on the bottom, though. It might depend on the relationships dynamics of any particular group. For example, if you have three members of Alpha and then a lone Gamma in a group, probably the gamma would be lower in the pecking order, no? Because the Alpha people all have these complementary relationships.

One of the socionics writers posted an article somewhere which stated that the following types dominate politics and basically run things:

estp, enfj, istj, entj, intp, and esfp. Everyone else is secondary according to the author.

I'm not sure if I agree or not, but the article made an impression on me.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah, I didnt consider the intertype relations, I think in fact they may probably be more important to the pecking order, up the top will be the people with the 'highest total score' of interype relations. Also, if someone has a very socially respected career, people with good intertype relations with that individual may have a boosted position in the pecking order etc

I was thinking about who runs things, social positions on the large scale, and would be interested to read that article (although I would also susspect that 'who runs the world' is type independant), however I also wonder about it on the small scale, as in who do you remeber at a party the most, who are always the significant ones at work etc. I mean kinda like the old addage, who shouts the loudest gets heard the most, but in socionics terms, like ESTP's always seem to control things, where were going, what were talking about, what were laughing at etc, they just seem to have that 'precence', whereby people pay attention, listen to and look to for 'whats next', do you see what I mean? ENFJ's often have this precence aswell, the tendance to hold the attention of a group and be the centre of everything all the time, therefore holding a position of greater influence and higher social significance, to others in the group.
    Friendly ISTp
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps can be pretty influential if given enough time within the group.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    As can INTp's, and other types.

I guess what you could say is that there are general levels as it pertains to the pre-established "image" that others expect to see, when they think of a social hierarchy.

ISFps tend to make themselves pretty to climb socially.
    INTps are in denial, somewhat, but they realize that their intelligence is a boon factor, and so they protect THAT "image."

etc..
    thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mystsonic
    ISTP's can indeed be pretty influential. In fact, its said that ISTP's are often good at getting people to think about something in a certain way by directing them down certain lines of logic.

What im getting at is on average, it seems to me that certain types are usually found at the centre of things much more than other types, wherby people know all about them, talk about them, and look to them, because there presence is somehow more significant, due to the way they behave/act and interact. In the same way that the career succesful person its looked up to, is asked advise from, whos opinions are given a greater weight, is more socially significant, I just think eg ESTP's due to their behaviour and interactions, are more socially significant on average taking away other factors that influence the pecking order, than eg INTJ's.

Feel free to rip my subjective view to shreds
    Friendly ISTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social Hierarchies suck anyway.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    yeah
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    I have a large social significance within my large group of friends. They like to buy me cookies and Snapple at lunch, and carry my backpack around at times.

Ah, the wonders of highschool

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldnt agree more. Trouble is they exist and are very real aspects of life.
    Friendly ISTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    If you let them be, sure. They only matter in certain areas of life and there's plenty of ways to avoid or circumvent their influence. Just being confident will instantly land yourself at the top of pretty much any group of people you find yourself amongst. Its not hard.
    But some of us don't like hierarchies regardless of where we are in them.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    I have a large social significance within my large group of friends. They like to buy me cookies and Snapple at lunch, and carry my backpack around at times.
    Don't you feel pity for them when they carry your backpack? I'd tell them to spend their time doing something more useful that licking my butt.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flower
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    If you let them be, sure. They only matter in certain areas of life and there's plenty of ways to avoid or circumvent their influence. Just being confident will instantly land yourself at the top of pretty much any group of people you find yourself amongst. Its not hard.
    To an extent very true, my thoughts on social hierarchies are not howver trying to get to the top of them, (due to changing jobs frequently I have several groups of friends one of which I am right at the top ), I just dislike them generally, I feel that they supress certain peoples importance and contributions to the group which is bad for all in that group.

Since my origonal post, I think it may come down to the main factors just being how loud, confident and how 'risky' socially someone is, thats what draws attention, meaning type is still significant, but not as much as I was thinking before.
    Friendly ISTp