ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NeTi pot

:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A neti pot is a device used for irrigating the nasal passages. Typically it has a spout attached near the bottom, sometimes with a handle on the opposite side.
    Last edited by RandomSequence; 06-07-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

that looks uncomfortable

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He (she?) just looks mad.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an old practice from India. Some people swear by it to relieve colds, or they use it prophylactically as a routine ablution.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a little uncomfortable at first but if you have a bad cold and are really congested its a godsend, it can literally feel like your not sick for hours afterwards, compare it to a real life "claritin clear" momement.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This association with is creepy, Ni-valuing and having nothing to do with ILE or Alpha.
    ---

Regarding nose cleaning, I do that when I get a cold/catarrh but I don't use a device, just snort salted warm water out of a cup until it reaches the muth. I read that in a yoga book long ago and apparently had an effect in the army when I got a cold but I couldn't rest, so I tried this as a last resort. Very unpleasant, I don't think I'm doing it properly .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    This association with is creepy, Ni-valuing and having nothing to do with ILE or Alpha.
    You're so touchy. The only two neti pot users I know are an ILE and an LII, and they both rave about them any time allergies, colds, or sinus infections are mentioned. Excruciatingly atrocious puns are an alpha sine qua non, too. So stop trying to blame this fart on the dog.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    You're so touchy. The only two neti pot users I know are an ILE and an LII, and they both rave about them any time allergies, colds, or sinus infections are mentioned. Excruciatingly atrocious puns are an alpha sine qua non, too. So stop trying to blame this fart on the dog.
    You didn't get it. "neti = NeTi" play of words.

Do you think this method is type-related?

Edit: you also need to read about the differences between Ni-Valuing and Ne-Valuing to understand puns in respect to Socionics.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't get it. "neti = NeTi" play of words.
    No shit, Effie, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned puns.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I heard one has to pour it in one's ear for it to be successful and what the hell is with alphas and yoga ?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No shit, Effie, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned puns.
    You didn't answer my question. Is this procedure type-related? I'd add another one: does that play of words make it Alpha NT?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't answer my question. Is this procedure type-related? I'd add another one: does that play of words make it Alpha NT?
    Your questions are fatuous.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had enough conversations with the author of the OP to have little doubt about his ILE-ness.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had enough conversations with the author of the OP to have little doubt about his ILE-ness.
    I don't remember making any assertion regarding the guy's type, maybe in another thread? Since you typed him, I'm skeptical anyway, you have a very confused mind. If needed, it should be reiterated that talking to someone IRL doesn't necessarily imply you can type correctly, the same as using a computer doesn't make you a programmer.

Creepy-Snaps

I don't remember making any assertion regarding the guy's type, maybe in another thread? Since you typed him, I'm skeptical anyway, you have a very confused mind. If needed, it should be reiterated that talking to someone IRL doesn't necessarily imply you can type correctly, the same as using a computer doesn't make you a programmer.
    Yeah, I also highly doubt the OP is ILE. I'd seriously doubt any Alpha would do something that physically uncomfortable, much less an ILE.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Yeah, I also highly doubt the OP is ILE. I'd seriously doubt any Alpha would do something that physically uncomfortable, much less an ILE.
    I've done this before for like 5-6 times in total along 12 years, but you're right about that in my case, it is an ordeal anything that enters my eyes, nose, ears, etc. This is especially the case when someone else is required to perform something on me - like pouring nose, eyes and especially ear drops. I'm sensitive and react instinctively, and like I said, I doubt I followed the procedure correctly.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually completely comfortable if you use a buffered saline solution. And if you count the reduction in discomfort from having your sinuses cleared out, it's a total win!

I originally started this thread just to make the joke "har har, of course only NeTi would decide shoving a teapot in his nose would be a great way to clear it out", but this thread has been amusing anyway.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't remember making any assertion regarding the guy's type, maybe in another thread?
    This thread:
    Since you typed him, I'm skeptical anyway, you have a very confused mind. If needed, it should be reiterated that talking to someone IRL doesn't necessarily imply you can type correctly, the same as using a computer doesn't make you a programmer.
    Stringing non sequiturs and baseless assertions together doesn't produce truth. Your persistence in tarring others with your own failures is amusing, though. Say hi to granny's goats for me.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The baseless assertions are yours, k0rpsey. You claim you typed the guy correctly without any justification.

@RandomSequence: yeah everybody knows it's a win, but that doesn't make it comfortable. You talk like a Si-PoLR, tell k0rpsey to start from LIE in typing you.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...rted_Intuition
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...verted_Sensing

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    You know what's more uncomfortable than using a neti pot? Dealing with a sinus infection without a neti pot.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.