Thread: Duality what does it feel like

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duality what does it feel like

I've never been dualized and wanna know what it's like.
    Stan is not my real name.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure it's nice.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no idea
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was somewhat dualized for a little while, it was a very unique experience. Like suddenly life got a lot easier.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, where do I begin?

Let's see...

...you should start off by not caring about the person's physical looks as duality is more than just infatuation. It takes really just minimal physical attraction for other things to fall into place.

Your dual does things that you don't. My dual, for example, is action by planning. I don't always plan things, I act by goals. So, it was uneasy at first to have someone who was all about planned action and keeping everyone on the same page. I thought it was way too excessive at first, but then I tested my patience, which is exactly what my dual needed. For me to be patient with his meticulous style of operation. This is one stage of duality...

He plans and gets stuck in Ni worry/fretting...I counter-react and balance this and make it whole by being patient and understanding.

If there was another pair with him, they may not be patient; an SEE, for instance, might not like the "control" of this kind of behavior and might want to just experience and may complain about the LSE being too anal.

My own response completed the circle and I realized how necessary it is for me to be me and by doing so, I let my dual be themselves and not frustrate them, get them to worry more, or aggravate the situation.

This is just a small example, but there are so so many more; the end product is dualizing; realizing that you, the way you are, naturally, is perfect for your dual. My dual boyfriend, who was never dualized before, started to point out all the things about me that was a good fit for him; the first thing he mentioned was that I was patient and he loves that about me and the second thing was that I have deep feelings and he loved how I can feel for people (by empathy).

He's dualized and knows what I feel and knows what to do in different circumstances, but all of this came about by realization of what's going on and what the other person is offering and contributing.

You offer Ne - experiences to your dual and the ability to feel for others...and so much more.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-07-2011 at 05:23 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I'm sure it's nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by No Longer a Dating Site View Post
    no idea
    Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    x3.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    i was somewhat dualized for a little while
    This thread is depressing
    Stan is not my real name.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory, it's something like this:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=36040

I did not marry my Dual, but he is my Illusionary, so the sections on Creative-Mobilizing and Vulnerable-Demonstrative still apply to us.

Also, my Father-in-Law is my Dual, and it's....nice. Though I think the main benefit I get from him is just that when we're over there visiting, I just get really relaxed talking with him, and usually what he wants to talk about is very interesting to me. And he is also interested in listening to me. And he's always asking me when we're going to come back and live with them again
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like warm apple pie