TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Twilight Sparkle: 7w6

The bookishness is not the whole story. She fairly patently enjoys her pony friends and being part of the group. She's far too emotionally expressive for Fe DS, but in a really awkward and adorkable way. The bookishness comes from needing to study in order to tame her raw magical power.

Applejack: 8w9

Fluttershy: 9w1

Rainbow Dash: 6w7/8w7

Interestingly, plays off Applejack. Both are loyal to their friends (which seems pretty E8), but Rainbow Dash is a boisterous and impulsive tomboy, while Applejack is down-to-earth and hardworking. Earlier episodes contrast them much more than later ones.

Rarity: 3w2

Pinkie Pie: 7w6

Hands-down the best character. If you disagree, shut up. You're wrong. That's all there is to say on the matter.

Princess Celestia: 9w8

Barack Obama in magical unicorn form.
    Last edited by Cat King Cole; 06-07-2011 at 05:56 AM.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Man, you're right on with Applejack and Rainbow Dash, and now I need to rewatch "Fall Weather Friends." And "Sonic Rainboom." And "Applebuck Season." Also, someone needs to Photoshop Princess Obamestia right now.

I personally gravitate more toward Fluttershy, but yeah. Can't argue with Pinkie Pie's awesome.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluttershy grew on me with later episodes once they fixed her voice acting and gave her more characterisation. I've also changed my mind: Twilight Sparkle is my favourite, especially once she gets more characterised as the Cool Big Sis to the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

I think "Green Isn't Your Color" cemented Fluttershy as my favorite, which was pretty late in the season, though I like each character for various reasons. I just happen to identify with Fluttershy the most.

Twilight Sparkle is really cool, and it's so nice to have the "star" character of a show aimed at young girls be sort of a nerdy scientist type. Her interactions with the CMCs were a great bit of character development, I agree. Just listening to them and giving a little bit of gentle guidance instead of lecturing them, like a cool aunt or something. Maybe she picked it up from Celestia.

Speaking of the Crusaders, I wonder when the show creators are going to wrap up the whole cutie mark story ark? I was hoping they'd get their marks by the end of season one, but obviously that didn't happen. I really can't see them getting more than one more episode out of the whole idea, since they've sort of established (to the audience and Twilight) what their special talents are...

God, I think way too much about kids' shows. :\

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No disagreements here. I watched this for almost a week at the hospital with a 6 year old

ftr my favorites were Pinkie Pie and Applejack, but if I were a kid I'd probably go with Rainbow Dash based on her hair
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    but if I were a kid I'd probably go with Rainbow Dash based on her hair
    Heh, Applejack's hairstyle was my favourite, but Rainbow Dash's tomboy cut was great too.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typings after watching first three episodes:

Twilight: INTj (Beginning of first episode seemed to spell out introversion and alpha NT seems fo sho.) has most trouble networking and making friends naturally (+Se PoLR)

Applejack: ESTj (Hard work, comforts others with hearty meals etc.)

Fluttershy: INFj (Avoidant, passive, most trouble with lack of assertiveness (-Se PoLR) Also according to wiki Applejack is supposed to be the most defensive of fluttershy.

Pinkie Pie: ESFj (<3)

Rainbow Dash: ISTp (goes for the IP sterotype of laziness but is the fastest when willing). ST pretty obvious in physicality and not-a-carebearness. Actually come to think of it I could see ESTp for dash as well due to high energy in general.

Rarity: ENFj (Melodramatic, but dreams of romanticism also has me thinking INFp sometimes)

Spike: Hardest for me to type. Been trying to fit a relationship of Rarity in superior position but the closest fit through this method is INTp. Without relying on relations I could easily see ENTp.

Overall great show. Favorite's gotta be Pinkie pie and Twilight. I find applejack to be annoying at times.
    Last edited by Crispy; 06-21-2011 at 01:30 AM.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From what I saw in that one thread, Rainbow Dash as SLI would make him Pinkie Pie's Supervisee, which makes sense to me

I might be totally getting into My Little Pony now, thanks a lot Alpha
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Rainbow Dash: ISTp (goes for the IP sterotype of laziness but is the fastest when willing). ST pretty obvious in physicality and not-a-carebearness. Actually come to think of it I could see ESTp for dash as well due to high energy in general.
    Yeah, she's far too energetic and competitive for a Si dom.

Rarity: ENFj (Melodramatic, but dreams of romanticism also has me thinking INFp sometimes)
    IEI is a good catch. I think she's an EJ though, but this doesn't come up until you see how she works with dresses and clothes in a later episode.

Fluttershy: INFj (Avoidant, passive, most trouble with lack of assertiveness (-Se PoLR) Also according to wiki Applejack is supposed to be the most defensive of fluttershy.
    Could work, but I till think Si dom based on how she spends all her time with plants and animals, and has the whole passive/permissive-aggressive switch thing going on (which I guess is ambiguously Se PoLR/Se Ignoring). She's plenty capable of taking control of things and asserting herself, she just doesn't more often than not.
    Last edited by Cat King Cole; 06-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Twilight Sparkle:

Applejack:

Fluttershy:

Rainbow Dash:

Rarity:

Pinkie Pie:

Princess Celestia:
    totally agree bro.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the MLP video part, that song is hilarious.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@music video: What the hell, how did they manipulate the animation this way? I agree, this song is awesome.

And the show... well, I did actually watch an episode and I guess it's the same effect as it was in the case of Spongebob Squarepants. It's produced for a very young audience, but due to the fact that it also includes jokes, metaphors and issues which aren't blatantly obvious for every person watching, older (and male) people may find it interesting as well. The different characters also seem to be actually existing and not just meaningless and lifeless ones as it is often the case in many bad cartoons for children. However, since I watched Spongebob when I was in the target group and still enjoy the old episodes, I have noticed that it became increasingly annoying the more episodes were produced. The newer ones are of bad quality regarding the story and have nothing left of the weird humor that made the first season so special.

I guess the pink one would still annoy the living crap out of me if I had to see her every day irl.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just watched 3 episodes of this show. Oh my god it's so adorable and gay.

What's interesting and moving about the show is all their powers are things they selfishly want most for themselves, but when they give that up and 'be the change they want to see in the world' they become whole and complete.

Fluttershy: One of those shy, timid IP types that always whines about wanting the world to be a nicer friendlier place. grows by being nicer themselves. (KINDNESS)

Rarity: One of those arrogant enneagram 3 types that always wants rich, nice things. Grows by giving away their possessions to more needy folk. (GENEROSITY)

Applejack: A hard-worker that grows by umm working for others, and being honest about their co-dependency. Seems more like some EJ-esfj type to me than anything Te-valuing. (HONESTY)

Pinkie Pie: Some really overactive ESFp, most likely. Also could very likely be an ESTj based on how pushy she is. Grows by making others laugh. (LAUGHTER)

((I'm sorry but Pinkie Pie is my least favorite, she just comes across way too annoying.))

Rainbow Dash: A dyke-y rainbow girl that acts like a stereotypical estp. (LOYALTY)

Twilight Sparkle: The balanced hero of the piece. Assertive, introverted, female-psychologist like. Has a hero-complex. Probably a Delta ENFp.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm the most like Fluttershy, definitely. She's my favorite. Non-shy people just don't have any idea what its like to be shy. =p

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Considering this thread was recently mentioned elsewhere, I suppose necroing it will be fine.

I will be the first (and perhaps only) self-typed and generally accepted (at least among those who were still here when I actually posted semi-often, though there were always detractors as well) gamma to say that I genuinely like the show. It's way different, and possibly a little weird, but to be honest, I don't really give a shit anymore.
    Last edited by nil; 12-02-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh, nil. sigh. you're not going anywhere.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    Considering this thread was recently mentioned elsewhere, I suppose necroing it will be fine.

I will be the first (and perhaps only) self-typed and generally accepted (at least among those who were still here when I actually posted semi-often, though there were always detractors as well) gamma to say that I genuinely like the show. It's way different, and possibly a little weird, but to be honest, I don't really give a shit anymore.
    Rather bold to take a radical stand.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post

Didn't woofl come out of the stable too?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've watched the occasional snippet of it on youtube and there have been stray times when i came across jokes and scenes that appealed to my youthful side, but then i didn't see particularly much that i wouldn't get out of more adult themed forms of entertainment and it makes me think that there is probably some hipster-ish forced irony aspect to the whole brony phenomenon that i don't have a shred of appreciation for.

live & let live though. i'm cool with bronies that don't push their tastes on others.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    yes

I gotta get caught up on that show! Trailed off in the middle of Season 1. Fuck me attention span. And hell yeah Rainbow Dash and Rarity and Applejack lots rarr

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Rather bold to take a radical stand.
    Eh, not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Hahahaha, I see.

Well, in that case, disregard everything.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My typings:
    Twilight - SLI / LSE
    Spike - IEE
    Fluttershy - EII
    Rainbow Dash - SEE
    Applejack - ESI
    Pinkie Pie - ESE/SEI?
    Rarity - EIE
    Princess Celestia - EII/IEE
    The show is generally delta and nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally LOVE my little ponies and welcome our pony overlords. Sorry, old joke.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

holy crap; I don't even know how to go on presenting this, but yeah, this is one hell of a fictional depiction of ESE and ILI Conflict and it was hilarious as hell, and it's as clear as hell and I can't believe it came out so wide out into the open like this:

And while I'm here, Se-SEE 9w8 for Big Macintosh.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

fluttershy <3

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched one episode of this and I began to hate myself a little bit.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God help me.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't really watch much but I've seen enough to give my opinion:

Twilight - IEE
    Spike - SLI
    Fluttershy - SEI
    Rainbow Dash - SLE
    Applejack - LSE
    Pinkie Pie - ESE
    Rarity - EIE

Characters seem to be really well developed. I wouldn't be surprised if they use some kind of typology to keep consistency.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.