Thread: Hi to all

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Hi to all

Hi. I'm here to get new information and other valuable stuff. Personality types is quite interesting and new for me. My personality type is ESFP. I don't know what to say more And one more thing what is these symbols means

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh hell yeah - a fellow SEE! welcome aboard!

As for the symbols:

our 1st (dominant) - - Extraverted Sensing
    our 2nd (creative) - - Introverted Feeling
    our 3rd (role) - - Extraverted Intuition
    our 4th (vulnerable) - - Introverted Thinking
    our 5th (suggestive) - Introverted Intuition
    our 6th (mobilizing) - Extraverted Thinking
    our 7th (ignoring) - Introverted Sensing
    our 8th (demonstrative) - Extraverted Feeling
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Hi. I'm here to get new information and other valuable stuff. Personality types is quite interesting and new for me. My personality type is ESFP. I don't know what to say more And one more thing what is these symbols means
    Welcome to T16T.

The 8 Functions

IRRATIONAL FUNCTIONS (sensing and intuition).

Extraverted intuition is also called Intuition of Possibilities, or Intuition of Potential.

This function is “responsible” for considering the world in all its possibilities and alternatives, in generalization of what is going on and developing new concepts.

Bearers of this function are usually curious, full of ideas; they gladly look for new ideas in books, or make new interesting acquaintances. Usually they are not aggressive, and even being talented, often have troubles with getting a “reward”, recognition of their ingenuity. They usually see a lot of positive possibilities in other people. However, when their ideas are offended, they can be very persistent.

Introverted intuition is also called Time Intuition.

This function, instead of lots of possibilities, considers people and the world as if flowing in a big and insuperable stream of time. What does people's potential mean when it cannot be realized? Fate rules the world. Their usual condition is something like meditation. However, in spite of such “Buddhist” vital philosophy, they are very smart in adaptation to different crises that happen in life, and stoically tolerate even somebody else's petty tyranny. They are intellectuals, but they do not often want to demonstrate their ideas, preferring that other people would pay attention to them, and for this reason often seem to be “passive”. In fact, they do not think they are “passive” – the “wait for the good moment”.

Extraverted sensing is also called Volitional Sensing, or Space-capturing Sensing.

This sensing function directs to occupation of space. People with this strong function are usually demanding people, which like when other people fulfill their wishes and demands. Sometimes they become managers, and sometimes – good sellers that can sell even unnecessary things. They often (but not always) have athletic, somewhat roundish figure, quick and demanding eyes. They are very persistent in the life: "If I want, then it should be achieved”, and they often gladly help other people – those who accept their leadership. Their outbursts of anger may fear some people, but in fact they are short-term – in several minutes they become calm again and restore their good mood.

Introverted sensing is also called Comfort Sensing, or Space-settling Sensing.

This kind of sensing is rather passive, it focuses on getting as more pleasant feelings as possible, on reduction of quantity of unnecessary motions, on the quality and functionality of work. People with this function as dominant do not like to argue (if they began – it means that something VERY serious happened). They are often efficient at work that requires attention to small details, monotonous chores etc. They like intellectuals, like new ideas, because these ideas make their life more diverse, but also ridicule intellectuals for their “impractical approach”.

RATIONAL FUNCTIONS (logic and ethic).

Extraverted logic is also called Processual or Practical Logic.

It estimates everything in terms of efficiency: not abstract analysis, but "how to make it work?", and not systems, but methods. They are energetic, active, and mobile. As scientists, they are strong in improvement of methods, but often they choose a business career. However, people who work together with them, often blame these types of being "too dry, cold-hearted", even in spite of their high emotionality. In general, this type of thinking may be called “algorithmic”.

Introverted logic is also called Systematic Logic, or Structural Logic.

This type of logic is inertial. Instead of “making things work”, it rather focuses on elimination of contradictions, on systematization, or in more general meaning – on “justice” (if it only exists). The types for which this function is dominant are often not too energetic, they are rather stable-mooded, work without noticeable “falls” and “rises”, logical and reticent in their sayings and deeds. On the one hand, other people respect them for being “just”, for their cold and sober analysis of situations; on the other, they do not “feel people” well.

Extraverted ethic is also called Emotional Ethic.

This function reflects person's own emotions, his/her emotional, highly personal and passionate reaction to what is going on around. Types with this dominant functions are eloquent, often smiling, artistic, charming (but somewhat “fussy” and “too artistic”), can speak and persuade others, but they perceive situations too emotionally, too personally, and sometimes they “sink” in their own emotions, cannot calm down for long time.

Introverted ethic is also called Ethic of Relations.

This function is inertial; many emotions are inside such a person, but they do not go outwards, and rather stay “conserved”. Such people are very passionate in evaluating other people, but from outside they seem to be “emotionless”, smiling just as much as etiquette requires. They are good spectators of relations: in a small collective, they very quickly feel who has which relations with whom. They can work with people – as lawyers, pedagogues, etc. However, being so attentive to people's relations, they do not like, even more, they are afraid of “intellectual initiative”, do not like arguing, because it can “break” or just significantly change relations with other people.

More information here, with examples of people who represent the functions(/types):
    http://www.socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro3.html
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-Snaps

Welcome Anglas!

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for this, now I know that I'm
    I readed Myers Briggs - Speed Reading People book, but such things like these symbols weren't there. One more question what is means these 3w2 so/sx or 1w2 sp/sx 1-6-2 and so on ? Sorry for band english and offtopic

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!

Well ESFp is actually , though according to Model A, and are the strongest functions, but that may be a bit confusing if you're just being introduced to the theory.

Anyway, ESFp is .

The symbols are exclusive to socionics.

One more question what is means these 3w2 so/sx or 1w2 sp/sx 1-6-2 and so on ? Sorry for band english and offtopic
    That's enneagram. It's somewhat confusing notation.

"1w2 sp/sx 1-6-2"

1w2 means that they are an ennegram type 1 with type 2 support.
    "sp/sx" is instinct self-preservation first, sexual second, and social(so) last.
    1-6-2 represents the tritype fixations the person has in each of the gut/head/heart centers.

You might want to look at the enneagram institute website for an introduction to the enneagram.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are socionics symbols. As it happens, this isn't an MBTI site, and anything you readed - or even read - about that typology is not supposed to necessarily match socionics. Just FYI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hello and welcome
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PROVE IT

hi :3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, Anglas. Where, when, and why did you decide you're ESFP, and do you mean ESFp?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Hi, Anglas. Where, when, and why did you decide you're ESFP, and do you mean ESFp?
    well firstly my MBTI was ESFP, I think I did test 3months ago . All the time believed about one thing, that I'm Feeling type. When I was deep in this thing, I quickly found out that I'm Extrovert, because I hate to be alone and don't get all attention is intolerable to me. Never knew am I sensing or intuitiv till I started to watch other people. I can't imagine anything, my speech is different from intuitives, they just unlike me. J or P was hard too, because I rarely late, but I don't like making decisions and my room is always a mess. So I get ESFP and when I was reading description, every sentence was true.
    I'm a new guy in this thing and don't know many things. Is there a different between ESFP and ESFp?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is there a different between ESFP and ESFp?
    The first one is MBTI and the second is socionics.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

anglas,did you participate in a mathematics olympiad?
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 06-07-2011 at 11:24 PM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well firstly my MBTI was ESFP, I think I did test 3months ago . All the time believed about one thing, that I'm Feeling type. When I was deep in this thing, I quickly found out that I'm Extrovert, because I hate to be alone and don't get all attention is intolerable to me. Never knew am I sensing or intuitiv till I started to watch other people. I can't imagine anything, my speech is different from intuitives, they just unlike me. J or P was hard too, because I rarely late, but I don't like making decisions and my room is always a mess. So I get ESFP and when I was reading description, every sentence was true.
    I'm a new guy in this thing and don't know many things. Is there a different between ESFP and ESFp?
    In many cases, yes! Here's a breakdown of how things went in one particular study (it's in EyeSeeCold's link):

As you can see, the MBTI types and the Socionics types didn't always neatly line up - for 9 out of 16 types, it was most likely for a particular MBTI type to be the same Socionics type than any other particular Socionics type... there's a lot of neat little patterns though:

INTP usually equaled LII (INTj)
    INTJ usually equaled SLE (ESTp)
    ENTJ usually equaled SLE (ESTp)
    ESTP usually equaled SEE (ESFp)
    ESFP usually equaled IEE (ENFp)
    ENFP usually equaled EIE (ENFj)
    ENFJ usually equaled IEE (ENFp)

Looking at your post gave me the impression of Causal-Determinist cognition, which makes me more certain of you being SEE (ESFp)... by the way, if you nail a cognitive style, you can narrow things down to one type per quadra, which can be very useful

Be sure to give the Reinin dichotomies a look! Quadra boundaries are drawn by the Merry/Serious and Judicious/Decisive dichotomies, and getting a feel for the quadras is a very good idea...

Also, socionics.com has alright stuff as far as intertype relations are concerned (the site, as a whole, isn't too great - I'd take the physical descriptions part with a grain of salt) - the type relations calculator is great for committing them to memory!

While I'm at it, here's a video of a definite ESE Alton Brown and a highly probable SLI (Ashton typed him SLI, and it seems to fit well) David Letterman interacting with each other - the particular relation between them would be Supervisory - notice how the usually at-least-semi-confident Dave doesn't seem like he's even comfortable in his own skin here, fumbling all over the place and everything?

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewu View Post
    anglas,did you participate in a mathematics olympiad?
    Yes, several times in my city

Woofwoofl I watched that link, I think that I'm one from that 18%
    For supervision, I noticed that guy was nervous, I was in a similar situation, but only with introverted thinkers

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great post, woofl.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a post on this a month ago, about Keirsey's duals, being XOXX, basically only N/N and S/S in common. It didn't equate very much to Socionics. I put the full two-way type translations there with their duals (start from within the parenthesis. Starting from outside the parenthesis is the result and yields in web gravitation, ie. there are two INTPs, one must go to ILI):

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...7&postcount=57

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Great post, woofl.
    Awesome thanks this means that I should probably make another one then

For supervision, I noticed that guy was nervous, I was in a similar situation, but only with introverted thinkers
    Awesome Anglas, I think so too!

As far as being supervised by Logical Introtims, that would make sense - our Supervisors are LSI (ISTj), and our Conflictors are LII (INTj)

Here's video of some definite LSIs (I'm pretty sure of the first two as being Se-LSIs in particular):

- Judge Judy (a nice example of Causal-Deterministic cognition in this one)
    - Gordon Ramsay (notice Gordon's Se focus versus the fellow in the glasses' Si focus)
    - Chris Langan (loads of Ti from this guy)

Here's a Chris Langan quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Langan
    "In explaining this relationship, the CTMU shows that reality possesses a complex property akin to self-awareness. That is, just as the mind is real, reality is in some respects like a mind. But when we attempt to answer the obvious question "whose mind?", the answer turns out to be a mathematical and scientific definition of God. This implies that we all exist in what can be called "the Mind of God", and that our individual minds are parts of God's Mind. They are not as powerful as God's Mind, for they are only parts thereof; yet, they are directly connected to the greatest source of knowledge and power that exists. This connection of our minds to the Mind of God, which is like the connection of parts to a whole, is what we sometimes call the soul or spirit, and it is the most crucial and essential part of being human.
    In my personal experiences, I've never felt intensely uncomfortable around LSIs, though I do generally come off a bit dopier than I actually am to them I think different types of Supervision have different levels and types of intensity depending on the specific types (as well as subtypes, and people, for that matter) involved in them, and from an overall perspective, Supervision isn't too great for anyone involved, especially the Supervisee...

And gotta save the best for last here - you want type interactions, you got 'em! here's an ESE Lars Ulrich, an SEI Kirk Hammett, and an LSI James Hetfield - Lars and Kirk are Mirrors, Lars and James are Semi-duals, and Kirk and James have relations of Benefit, with Kirk being James's Benefactor... so without further ado:

Some Kind of Monster - parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18

P.S. I think Robert Trujillo's an SLI - not completely certain, but it really looks that way to me...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was 18 in 136. Now you're 19.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.