Thread: Confused - Another J/P Issue

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Default Confused - Another J/P Issue

Before I begin, I'll first say that I'm pretty new to Socionics. That being said, I took all of the tests for myers-briggs first, and came up with ISTP on every single one of them. Then, I used the Socionics type assistant, and came very close between J and P, but still ended up as ISTp. I looked at all of the profiles for ISTP for both Myers-Briggs and Socionics, and both seemed pretty true to me.

The reason why I'm confuzzled is about the order of the functions. The Myers-Briggs ISTP has the same functions as the Socionics ISTj, right? If I'm said to be an ISTj because of the order of the functions, why doesn't the ISTj description match to me at all? Is it possible that I'm ISTP for both Socionics and Myers-Briggs? Help from some experienced people would be appriciated. Thanks.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The functions aren't comletely alike; the models neither directly correspond with each other, nor would they even if they attempted to represent the same thing; for instance, an INTP in the MBTI system has the functional order of Ti,Ne,Si,Fe, whereas the INTj in the Socionic system is Ti, Ne, Fi, Se.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Oh, alright, thanks to both of you. I'm all cleared up now.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx