Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Values and Socionics Type

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Values and Socionics Type

What do you value most? What mindsets do you hate? Do you think that certain types are more likely to value what you do over others?

I value...
    -A curious attitude. The more you know, the wiser you are.
    -Perspective and gratitude. This too shall pass, and you are damn lucky.
    -Compassion. Without it, we'd all be sociopaths and psychopaths.
    -An open mind. You don't know everything there is to know.
    -Loyalty. Throwing away relationships is foolish, and ignoring your friends' feelings is cold.
    -A grasp on the subjects of evil and pain. Yes, you really can get screwed over.
    -The delta quadra in socionics. Think I'm shallow? You don't know socionics.
    -Sensitivity. Some words just make things worse, no matter how true they are.
    -Responsibility. Respect people's time and energy.
    -A positive attitude. The point of life is to appreciate it.

If someone values all of these, then we're probably going to get along really well.
    Last edited by blankblank; 06-04-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you to all who completed the quiz! But I'm closing it now. I don't want to score anymore of them. It's time-consuming!

From this thread and others like this, I discovered (please note that when I say "people", I mean people who visit threads like these on sites like these):

Most people...
    ...value most of the same things I do.
    ...support the GLBTQ community.
    ...do not need drugs to have fun.

There are a handful of people who...
    ...actually value all the things I do.
    ...value the opposite of what I do, which is not too many people.
    ...are very open to changing their minds.
    ...support consensual incest.

A surprising high number of people...
    ...are not spiritual absolutists.
    ...are cool with polyamory.
    ...are not guillible.
    ...know about enneagram.

Here's the results of all the quizzes on multiple sites.

ILE - 100% friends
    LII - 100% friends
    SEI - 100% friends

IEI - 100% acquaintances

SEE - 50% best friends, 50% acquaintances
    LIE - 100% friends
    ILI - 50% friends, 50% enemies

EII - 38% best friends, 50% friends, 12% acquaintances
    IEE - 67% friends, 33% acquaintances
    LSE - 100% acquaintances

INTJ - 50% friends, 50% enemies
    INFJ - 100% friends
    ENFP - 100% friends
    ENTP - 100% friends

INTP - 20% best friends, 60% friends, 20% enemies
    ENTJ - 100% friends
    ISTP - 100% acquaintances
    ESTJ - 100% acquaintances

INFP - 25% best friends, 75% friends

3 - 25% best friends, 50% friends, 25% acquaintances
    4 - 25% best friends, 50% friends, 25% acquaintances

5 - 60% friends, 40% enemies
    6 - 25% best friends, 75% friends

8 - 50% friends, 50% acquaintances
    9 - 25% best friends, 75% friends
    1 - 50% best friends, 50% acquaintances

Conclusions: Values aren't type-specific. Type is only one factor in determining what someone values and how you'll get along with them.
    ^What a relief! I was concerned I was so rigid that I'd never be able to take seriously anyone who's not my type.
    Last edited by blankblank; 06-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ooh, interesting.

i tried to answer all of them even if i didn't agree with the exact wording but instead more the "spirit" of the answer

1. What do you do about controversial topics?
    B. I’ll take them as they come along. But I don’t like going out of my way to learn about them because they’re confusing/depressing/take up a lot of time.

2. Could your life be much worse?
    C. Oh, absolutely! My life could always be much worse!

3. You don’t get into your dream college and instead settle for your second choice. Are you bummed?
    B. Yeah, I’m bummed. But I’m glad I still get to go to a school I like.

4. Your friend is complaining about having an income that makes her lower-class. Your income, though, is below poverty level. Do you feel bad for her?
    B. I can relate, considering we’re both poor, but I do feel pangs of jealousy.

5. If your best friend told you he had magical powers, is there any chance that you would believe him?
    A. Ummm, no. Magic doesn’t exist.

6. When you get into a fight with a friend, what do you do?
    C. As long as they didn’t do something just plain evil (like raping me), I’d be ready and willing to work out our problems and come to an understanding, even if that understanding is to stop being friends.

7. Does everyone deserve love and affection?
    C. Yes. As long as people aren’t sociopaths are psychopaths, which means there is no hope for them, everyone NEEDS love and affection. Though they need to be handled with caution (and preferably bound up), murderers and rapists especially need love because they’re only lashing out because they’re in pain.

8. A friend of your husband’s gives you a boatload of valid evidence that your boyfriend is cheating on you. Do you believe him?
    C. If it really is valid evidence, and a lot of it, then yes, I would. Because then, it would be obvious.

9. If someone makes a mistake and is really embarrassed, do you tease him about it?
    C. No. He’s already humiliated enough; I don’t need to make it worse.

10. When you schedule a get-together with someone, even an informal one, is it important to keep it at the time you agreed on?
    A. No, especially not if it’s informal. Circumstances change…needs change…my friends need to accept that they need to be flexible.

11. If two of your friends became enemies, what would you do?
    B. If one of them was a real ass, I might distance myself from them, but since they are both my friends, I wouldn’t want to just end my relationships with either of them. I’d still be friendly to both of them.

12. Is empathy important?
    B. Yes, it’s very important.

13. What quadra are you in?
    C. Delta

Tell me your socionics, enneagram, and MBTI type, if you know them.
    EII-Ne-H, 9w1 sp/sx (946), INFP

Tell me your age or age range if you are comfortable with doing so.

1. What do you think about spiritual beliefs (atheism vs. theism, religious vs. irreligious, etc)?
    B. Your beliefs are your business.

2. Do you believe in a higher power (if you identify as, for example, and “agnostic atheist”, choose one)?
    C. I’m primarily an atheist.

3. Do you support GLBTQ people?
    C. I rigorously support homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, transgenders, bigenders, AND agenders!

4. Do you support polyamory?
    A & B

5. Do you support consensual incest?
    A & B

6. What do you think about prostitution?
    N/a, probably closest to C

7. What do you think about your race?
    B & C ish

8. Do you use drugs to get high?
    B. The consequences of drugs far outweigh their advantages.

9. What do you think of abortion?
    C. It’s the mother’s choice. It’s not anyone’s business to tell a woman she needs to keep something that is not self-aware alive.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you messed up a bit with your wording on #8 in Part One...Also, #10 was a bit vague, like you left out a word or two.

Anyway, my answers:

Part 1

1. B
    2. B
    3. B
    4. B
    5. B
    6. B
    7. Other
    8. B
    9. C
    10. C
    11. A
    12. B
    13. C

Part 2

1. Somewhere between A and B. I mean, I'd never get into a "holy war" or anything to force my beliefs onto people; but I do believe the world would be a better place if more people shared my beliefs and religious values. But others are welcome to believe differently.
    2. A
    3. B
    4. A, B, or C depending on the situation. It's complicated.
    5. Mostly B. But there might be rare situations where it's unavoidable/necessary.
    6. mostly B. But if I were desperate to take care of my kids and there was absolutely no other option, I can't say I wouldn't do it; though, to have no other option really seems pretty unlikely to me.
    7. B. I appreciate the beauty and diversity of other races; I wouldn't want to see us all just become exactly the same, kwim?
    8. B
    9. B. With a fix: [i]If it would make the mother miserable, such as it being the result of rape, or it threatened her life, then it’s okay. Otherwise, she should have the baby." (Keep it or give it up for adoption)
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    7. B. I appreciate the beauty and diversity of other races; I wouldn't want to see us all just become exactly the same, kwim?
    lol wink wink nudge nudge

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My instinct is to spam the thread with "DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT HURP DURP" but I'll play along.

B. I’ll take them as they come along. But I don’t like going out of my way to learn about them because they take up a lot of time.

But without all the exclamation points.

3. You don’t get into your dream college and instead settle for your second choice. Are you bummed?

4. Your friend is complaining about having an income that makes her lower-class. Your income, though, is below poverty level. Do you feel bad for her?
    A. She has no right to complain. I’m the one with a right to complain!

5. If your best friend told you he had magical powers, is there any chance that you would believe him?
    A. Ummm, no. Magic doesn’t exist (in the conventional sense of the word).

It really depends on how good of a friend they are. If they're someone I truly care about then I'll definitely want to work it out. Else, I'll probably just let it fall by the wayside unless it's brought up.

Can I just answer 'no'?

8. A friend of your husband’s gives you a boatload of valid evidence that your boyfriend is cheating on you. Do you believe him?
    C. If it really is valid evidence, and a lot of it, then yes, I would. Because then, it would be obvious.

9. If someone makes a mistake and is really embarrassed, do you tease him about it?

10. When you schedule a get-together with someone, even an informal one, is it important to keep it at the time you agreed on?
    Depends on how much time in advance they give me to say that plans have changed, and how far back the plans have been pushed.

A. What do you mean what would I do? This is between them, not me and them. I can still be friends with both of them.
    C just confuses me. How do you consciously stop being friends with someone?

lol why are alpha and gamma glued together?
    Delta

Tell me your socionics, enneagram, etc etc
    Fi-ENFp (N, whatever that means lol) 6w5 sx/sp INFP (I guess)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh hey more!

1. What do you think about spiritual beliefs (atheism vs. theism, religious vs. irreligious, etc)?

2. Do you believe in a higher power (if you identify as, for example, and “agnostic atheist”, choose one)?
    B. I’m primarily an agonstic.

C. I rigorously support homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, transgenders, bigenders, AND agenders!
    Rigorously! With rigor!

B. It’s not really my place to say polyamorous people shouldn’t be polyamorous.

C. Yes, I support them and am willing to defend them.

A. It’s perfectly fine. People need to get over themselves. People aren’t automatically doomed if they enter prostitution. I wouldn’t have a problem with my friends or family becoming or paying prostitutes.
    Well, I mean I wouldn't say it's "perfectly fine," in the same sense that being an accountant isn't "perfectly fine" for everybody out there.

B. It’s…a race?

C. I may or may not, but I definitely don’t need drugs to have fun. I’m not a drag.

C. It’s the mother’s choice. It’s not anyone’s business to tell a woman she needs to keep something that is not self-aware alive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@laghlagh

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh
    ooh, interesting.
    It is? Lol.

"We’d be friends. We could hang out together, but there would be major tension if we tried to get closer."

EII vs. EII
    9 vs. 6
    INFP vs. INFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I think you messed up a bit with your wording on #8 in Part One...Also, #10 was a bit vague, like you left out a word or two.
    Heh, thanks for the concern, but I don't really care about the wording because this is just a quick little thing.

"We’d be awkward acquaintances, but we would just barely tolerate each other. Let’s not become online buddies."

IEE vs. EII

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My answers are as follow:

B. I’ll take them as they come along. But I don’t like going out of my way to learn about them because they’re confusing/depressing/take up a lot of time.

B. Well, sure, it could always be worse.

5. If your best friend told you he had magical powers, is there any chance that you would believe him?.
    B. He’d have to have pretty damn good proof.

A. Depends on what they did. If they did something really hurtful, I’d probably give them the silent treatment or trip them while passing by.

A. The greater integrity you have, the more you deserve love. The less integrity you have, the more you deserve being hit on the head with a frying pan.

B. I’d get suspicious, but I’d have to have more evidence to be sure.

B. I might make a light joke for the lulz but then let it go.

C. If it’s super informal, no, but otherwise, yes. I respect people’s time, and they need to respect mine.

A. What do you mean what would I do? This is between them, not me and them. I can still be friends with both of them.

C. Delta

INFj / 4w3 / INFP

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answers to optional questions:

C. Spirituality is too subjective. No beliefs are right, and none are wrong.

A. No, it’s gross/immoral/unnatural/wrong/stupid.

C. People with high self-esteem don’t have a bad experience with prostitution. The problem is that a lot of prostitutes already have low self-esteem and so they think it’s alright for them to be pushed around. People think prostitutes are all smiley, happy, pleasure-seeking people and they’re just wrong.

B. It’s…a race?

B. If it would make the mother miserable, such as it being the result of rape, or it would cause her to be deep in debt, then it’s okay. Otherwise, she should keep the baby.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    "We’d be awkward acquaintances, but we would just barely tolerate each other. Let’s not become online buddies."

IEE vs. EII
    I get along with pretty much all of the INFjs I know, online or not.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C. I like to research, decide where I stand, and actively support causes.

A. My life sucks. A lot. It couldn’t be much worse.

A. Absolutely! This is the PITS!
    C. Some. But good god, at least I can get an education! That’s more than a lot of people can say!

C. Providing she is aware that I’m even poorer than her and she feels bad for me, hell yeah I feel bad for her! We’re both suffering here!
    none of the above, I'd be annoyed that she is an elitist regardless of her income

C. Providing he had good evidence, absolutely!

A. Depends on what they did. If they did something really hurtful, I’d probably give them the silent treatment or trip them while passing by.
    B. If it’s not necessary, I wouldn’t really want to talk about it and would rather pretend it didn’t happen.
    C. As long as they didn’t do something just plain evil (like raping me), I’d be ready and willing to work out our problems and come to an understanding, even if that understanding is to stop being friends.

A. The greater integrity you have, the more you deserve love. The less integrity you have, the more you deserve being hit on the head with a frying pan.
    B. Yes. Well, except murderers and rapists, who deserve nothing less than being ass-raped in jail.
    C. Yes. As long as people aren’t sociopaths are psychopaths, which means there is no hope for them, everyone NEEDS love and affection. Though they need to be handled with caution (and preferably bound up), murderers and rapists especially need love because they’re only lashing out because they’re in pain.
    none of the above. I believe everyone deserves to be treated by the content of their character and should be shown a degree of humanity regardless if you like them or not. "Love" is reserved for people you actually love, IMO

A. No. I know my husband, and he wouldn’t do that. I’d have to physically see him cheat.

A. Yes. He deserves it for being a dumbass.

A. No, especially not if it’s informal. Circumstances change…needs change…my friends need to accept that they need to be flexible.
    B. I’d feel bad, but I wouldn’t feel bad enough to not change it. Especially if it’s informal.
    C. If it’s super informal, no, but otherwise, yes. I respect people’s time, and they need to respect mine.

B. If one of them was a real ass, I might distance myself from them, but since they are both my friends, I wouldn’t want to just end my relationships with either of them. I’d still be friendly to both of them.
    C. There’s no way I’m going to be a ragdoll between two warring sides. I want to know what happened and which one is the bitch. If they won’t tell me what happened, too bad for them, I’ll still be friends with both of them, and they can hate that I’d do that. If they’re both bitches, I’ll save myself from the possibility of being a victim, too, and end my friendships with them.

A. It gets in the way much too often. People shouldn’t be so sentimental.
    C. Empathy is what makes us human. It glues society together. It’s the most important emotion.

A. Beta
    B. Alpha or Gamma
    C. Delta

EII-(Fi?), INFJ>INTP, 4w5 or 9w1

A. My spiritual beliefs are the right ones. Everyone should have my beliefs.

A. I’m primarily a theist.

A. No, they’re gross/immoral/unnatural/wrong/confused.
    B. I do not support at least one of the types of people listed below.

A. No, it’s gross/immoral/unnatural/wrong/stupid to have multiple partners, even if it’s consensual.

B. I wouldn’t want my friends or family being involved in it, but there are worse things in the world.

A. It’s perfectly fine. People need to get over themselves. People aren’t automatically doomed if they enter prostitution. I wouldn’t have a problem with my friends or family becoming or paying prostitutes.
    B. It’s immoral to trade your body for money.
    C. People with high self-esteem don’t have a bad experience with prostitution. The problem is that a lot of prostitutes already have low self-esteem and so they think it’s alright for them to be pushed around. People think prostitutes are all smiley, happy, pleasure-seeking people and they’re just wrong.
    I'm fine with it so long it's done safely, meaning no sex trafficking and the workers have rights

A. My race is better than others. It’s not racism if it’s true.
    B. It’s…a race?
    C. Racism is illogical, as well as cold. All the races are equal, and I am willing to defend other races.

A. Hell yes. Drugs make things more fun. It’s simple science.
    C. I may or may not, but I definitely don’t need drugs to have fun. I’m not a drag.

A. It’s basically killing babies. It definitely shouldn’t be done.
    B. If it would make the mother miserable, such as it being the result of rape, or it would cause her to be deep in debt, then it’s okay. Otherwise, she should keep the baby.
    I think it's more complicated than this, but all in all I'm pro-choice
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't help but noticed that the people who have responded to the survey so far are all Delta NF types.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What people tend to not understand about me with these kinds of questions is, my morals are subjective. I don't really care if what you do or believe is different from what I do, but there are "laws" of course. So I'm trying to tone down the intensity of some of these answers, because quite frankly I don't really care about most of this stuff, it doesn't really define who I am, yet may define others' opinion of me. They mostly seem like other people's problems they get themselves wrapped into and labels which are questioned and obsessed over, which I try to avoid and just live my own life. Call me ignorant.

So anyway, in case you want to know something about me or something? Idk.

--------------

A. I don’t really think about them. They’re too confusing/depressing/take up a lot of time.

A. My life sucks. A lot. It couldn’t be much worse.

C. Some. But good god, at least I can get an education! That’s more than a lot of people can say!

C. Providing she is aware that I’m even poorer than her and she feels bad for me, hell yeah I feel bad for her! We’re both suffering here!

D. askdjhsakfj

B. If it’s not necessary, I wouldn’t really want to talk about it and would rather pretend it didn’t happen.

B. Yes. Well, except murderers and rapists, who deserve nothing less than being ass-raped in jail.

A. No. I know my husband, and he wouldn’t do that. I’d have to physically see him cheat.
    D. I'm not gay.

A. Yes. He deserves it for being a dumbass.

B. I’d feel bad, but I wouldn’t feel bad enough to not change it. Especially if it’s informal.

C. There’s no way I’m going to be a ragdoll between two warring sides. I want to know what happened and which one is the bitch. If they won’t tell me what happened, too bad for them, I’ll still be friends with both of them, and they can hate that I’d do that. If they’re both bitches, I’ll save myself from the possibility of being a victim, too, and end my friendships with them.
    D. Idk, whatever.

C. Empathy is what makes us human. It glues society together. It’s the most important emotion.

A. Beta
    B. Alpha or Gamma
    C. Delta

INFj, 4?, INXP

B. I do not support at least one of the types of people listed below.
    D. Sure

A. No, it’s gross/immoral/unnatural/wrong/stupid to have multiple partners, even if it’s consensual.
    D. It doesn't really come up in my daily life, so no.

B. I wouldn’t want my friends or family being involved in it, but there are worse things in the world.

A. My race is better than others. It’s not racism if it’s true.
    B. It’s…a race?
    C. Racism is illogical, as well as cold. All the races are equal, and I am willing to defend other races.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C. I like to research, decide where I stand, and actively support causes and argue for sport. Many ideas that are "controversial" ought not be and are regarded as such because of weak knees, weak minds, and weak stomachs.

B. Well, sure, it could always be worse. Or better. Silly question.

C. Some. But good god, at least I can get an education! That’s more than a lot of people can say! And real life provides equal or better instruction than that found in a classroom.

D. Who cares. If either of us valued money more we'd assume the necessary sacrifices and risks to acquire more money.

D. Argue openly. If the dispute reveals said friend to be unworthy of continued association, so be it. If better understanding and compromise are reached then all the better.

D. That's contingent on exactly the sort of love and affection you mean, and from whom. Generally speaking, not unless it's earned, but that doesn't mean one ought to walk around trampling people at will without sufficient justification either.

D. If by husband you mean wife and by boyfriend you mean girlfriend then I'd already be a philanderer myself and so I'd regard that my mistress taking up with another lover would be my just desserts.

D. It depends on whether I like the person or not and what professional or other situational considerations must be paid heed before taking action.

C. If it’s super informal, no, but otherwise, yes. I respect people’s time, and they need to respect mine. Calling or emailing to inform the other party of tardiness is easy and proper.

A. What do you mean what would I do? This is between them, not me and them. I can still be friends with both of them unless certain lines are crossed, and then I'll probably turn on the transgressor myself.

B. Alpha or Gamma

ILI | 5w4-sx/sp | INTP

Old enough to find these pat and loaded answers annoying.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you value what I do? Would we get along IRL? Is it type related? Let's find out!

You tell me your answers, I tell you your score.

A. I don’t really think about them. They’re too confusing/depressing/take up a lot of time.

I hate to admit not being much of an activist, but this is true more often than not. Then again, it depends on the meaning of controversial.

I could be an Iranian woman, disfigured, blinded, and traumatized by having acid poured on my face.

I mostly self-educate anyways.

I don't really find my position all that relevant in these kind of situations.

No one ever believes me either.

I do not like silent treatment. I prefer to come to a conclusion as soon as possible.. even anger -the fight itself - is a means to that.

Yes, but it's not my job to buddy-up with them either. I wouldn't call it affection exactly. Just an awareness that some could redeem themselves slowly. And if they're harmful to society or a group as a whole, and the immediate context requires choosing the safety of one over the other, I'm obviously going to stand for the victims.. I'm not going to be so idealistic to warp the perpretrators into being some kind of oppressed underdogs. They might need to be killed off, if you're actually forced to choose.

I don't see why I'd question that. The important question to me would be why they did that, and can it still work out.

Maybe.

A. Beta

Maybe.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D. Spirituality and religion are interesting as psycho-social-linguistic phenomena. Whether their truth value extends beyond the allegorical, or their utility beyond the mundane, is a matter of conjecture.

B. I’m primarily an agonstic but sometimes lean toward a Spinozan form of deism when I'm of a mind to treat the supramundane as potentially real. At the same time I'm usually a knee-jerk anti-religionist, especially regarding the enslaving Abrahamic faiths.

D. Do what you like in your bedroom provided it doesn't involve me. I'm not interested in seeing heterosexual PDA either. I'm not sure why anyone would want to be married but I see no reason to deny its legal or emotional benefits, such that they are, to homosexualists and transformers.

D. See #3.

A. No, it’s gross/immoral/unnatural/wrong/stupid. This isn't ancient Egypt.

D. It's bound to occur with or without explicit consent from the law and might as well be regulated like any other profession or industry.

D. Stereotypes are fun for making risque jokes and usually have a grain of truth to them but aren't universally applicable to all members of a given group, nor are the negative traits lampooned thereby and therein impervious to change. Though there's definite personal resonance with my ancestral heritage I understand that this response is largely irrational and thus is no basis for arrogating pride of place for myself above others.

A. Hellyes.Drugs make things more fun. It’s simple science.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

C>B, though it depends on the topic.

I always thought looking at things this way was really funny. I saw this poster at a veterinarian's with a picture of a dog in sunglasses that said, "Don't worry, it could be worse!" I wondered how bad things have to get before you're allowed to worry. Like, you have to literally be on fire or something before you're entitled to be upset.

The wording--"deserve"--kind of rubs me the wrong way. I don't know. I'd say people deserve to be treated with decency/humanity/basic respect. Love is pushing it.

Sometimes B, but we have to be relatively close and I need good reason to think I can actually make them laugh about it.

The sentiment of C is nice, but I don't agree that it's what makes us human or holds society together.

C. Delta

INFj-Ne, 6w5 sx/so, INFJ

I question the happiness and healthiness of most of these relationships, but I ultimately don't care.

None of the above. Again, I question the happiness and healthiness of the prostitutes. But I think it should be legal.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you value what I do? Would we get along IRL? Is it type related? Let's find out!

You tell me your answers, I tell you your score.
    I utterly despise the DemocRat/left wing value system, and view most of the "right wing" Republican ones with mild contempt. The whole current way of "thinking" - or more precisely confused and confusing concepts and values arising partly from a lack of thinking - is simply too muddled to be even dignified with the word "wrong".

So the chances that we'd get along IRL are pretty slim if difference in value system is an important factor in a negative direction.

Part 1
    1C
    2B
    3B

4A
    5A
    6B

7A
    8 Doesn't apply, I'm a dude.
    9C

10A
    11C
    12B

13B

ILI, 5w4, INTP

Part 2

1A and B.
    2A
    3A,B and C.

4Mostly A, partly B, to a small extent C.
    5Mostly A.
    6 Mostly B.

7 A,B,C about equally.
    8B

9Mostly A, partly B, for sure not C.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Creepy-Snaps

No offense, but I hate wasting my time on quizzes like this. Answering silly questions, just to get an answer which usually isn't true, how I won't get along with someone. I believe anyone can get along with anyone if they try. Socionics is about improving intertype relations, not categorizing opinions/types like this quiz does into incompatible little boxes.

And as a disclaimer, cause I feel it being said already 'ooh maybe that's typical of YOUR type!'....... I don't know if it's typical of anything, but I'm just saying that it's MY opinion.

As another disclaimer, I feel it being said already, 'MD, of course nobody takes this quiz seriously. It's just to have fun'. I know. But you'd be surprised how little things like this affect your overall thinking, and how it builds a habit of getting caught up in categorizing people and setting up unnecessary boundaries.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have altered a lot more of these responses, but I'll try to keep it simple for you.

C. I like to research, decide where I stand, and actively support causes. (But only those personally relevant to me.)

D. College in America is quickly becoming an overglorified gatekeeper - I don't have a "dream college". I haven't even decided what I would use college for.

B. Yes. Well, except murderers and rapists, who deserve nothing less than being ass-raped in jail. (There are also lots and lots of people who just don't need themselves validated.)

(Also, if a friend of your husband's is giving you evidence about your boyfriend, I think there's a second issue there.)

B. Alpha or Gamma (I think.)

As far as I can tell, LII/INTj, 5 with balanced wings (sp), and INTP, respectively.

B. Your beliefs are your business. (But try to impose them on me at your own peril.)

B. I’m primarily an agonstic. (Though I am extremely skeptical.)

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B. I’ll take them as they come along. But I don’t like going out of my way to learn about them because they take up a lot of time.

(Objectively, my quality of life is lower than "good" or "average"; subjectively I've been living with said low quality I'm basically content.)

(This question is unrealistic. People internally produce artificial satisfaction with circumstances beyond their control. Paraplegics and lottery winners both feel similarly positively about their life-changing experiences.)

(Magic is not possible to the best of my knowledge. But I maintain a critical and discerning mind to the best of my ability. He'd have his work cut out proving his "magic" to me however. A critical mind is not an open mind.)

(Depends how bad. Almost all things are minor enough to just let go like water under the bridge. If someone is my "friend" they mean enough to me that I'd try to preserve the relationship however possible, even if that might mean letting them be angry at me for a while until they calm down, then sorting it out later. People who are my friends by default already would be amenable to reasoning and pacing through any problems.)

None. Nobody "deserves" love and affection. Everyone deserves respect, though, even if that's the bare minimum of polite deflection of people you don't want to know or deal with. Who the hell actually deals with rapists, murderers and psychopaths in real life? What sort of bizarre question is that?

(I'd need time to come to grips with it, but I'm bad at holding to denial once my internal sense of truth and honesty catches up with my emotions again.)

(I'd joke to lighten the situation. If I was making it worse I'd apologise. Depending on if it's a friend or not I might make it up to them with shouting them a dinner or some booze or something.)

(Time is a state of mind.)

(Maybe a manswer, but I'd try and figure out why my mates were feuding so I could sort it out. I'm not "the Referee" for nothing. My friends earn my focus and attention by being my friends, and thus meaning enough to me that I'm willing to spend the mental effort figuring out what's up and fixing the problem.)

(What's with this question? How are you defining "empathy", how are you defining "important"?

"Empathy" as "understanding and taking on other people's emotions": yes, for me it's important. But it also comes naturally to me. I think empathy is the first step on the journey to accepting and thus tolerating all sorts.)

B. Alpha or Gamma

Creative SEI. 9w8 sp/sx. Jungian ISTP, MBTI xNfP.

19-to-twentysomething

(Some beliefs are more internally consistent than others, and thus superior. Some also have more personal therapeutic and ethical worth.)

(I'm a pantheist. My "God" is the harmonious unity of everything, but there's no singular deity--nor any pantheon of deities--I revere or anything.

(I'm neutral. I am inclined philosophically against discrimination against GLBTQ, but I am inclined philosophically against all forms of discrimination and restriction on personal and greater freedom and equal opportunity.

I'm not an active supporter of anything though.)

(Not "it's not my place", but I don't care enough to be an active supporter. Again with the personal freedom.)

(I have reason to disagree with it being sensible. I'm neutral, though, and you should be too.)

(I'm not well-informed enough on the issue to form an opinion.)

B. It’s…a race?

(I'm technically mixed-race. I've always self-identified as a "white" Australian just because my environment growing up was predominantly caucasian. FTR fellow Aussies of any other descent are still Aussies. I'm also a bit dark to be considered "white", I think.

Race aside, I am very proud to be Australian. I feel there's a lot to be proud of, as much as there is a lot to be deeply ashamed of; provided that shame leads to apt repentance through remembrance. Present generations are only accountable for their forebears' to the extent of not letting the evils of the past be forgotten. To do so would be disrespectful to the wronged and their forebears.)

(I drink. I have few compunctions about experimenting with other drugs, though. I trust my self-control.)

(The strongest extent of my opinion on the matter is that "pro-life" is a ridiculous concept. An embryo is not alive, a fetus is not yet a human. Equating abortion to murder is illogical. I don't know, or care to know, enough about either "side" (lol) to form an opinion I'd defend though.)
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Old enough to find these pat and loaded answers annoying.
    Not that old apparently, because I felt the same way for most of the answers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Socionics is about improving intertype relations
    I think it's just labeling/explaining them. Not trying to improve them.

Err.. Or, I suppose you could do that too.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

D. N/A

D. Other

D. No

C. Delta

Socionics: LSE-Te
    Enneagram: 1-6-2 sp/sx
    MBTI: ESTJ, ISTJ, or ISTP

A. No, it’s immoral/wrong/stupid to have multiple partners, even if it’s consensual.

A. No, it’s stupid.

C. Racism is illogical, as well as cold. All the races are equal, and I am willing to defend other races. Except for orcs.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some combination of both of these. If I had to choose one, B.

This happened to me

However, I do believe everyone deserves help, which may include love and affection of some sort.

o no he di'n't. Depends on the evidence, possibly C as well.

B. Alpha or Gamma

LIE, 3w4, ENTJ probably, and I'm 21

------

Oh, there's more

I struggle between the two..

lol this is funny, I've never seriously thought about this one.

B. It’s…a race?

On a serious note, C.

Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-03-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

part 1
    1. b
    2. b
    3. b

4. b

5. b

6. c
    7. c

8. b
    9. b
    10. b

11. b.

12. c

13. c

IEE-Ne 6w7 sx/so

part 2
    1. c

2. b

3. c

4. b

5. b

6. c

7. b
    8. a

9. b
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

C. Delta

I'm EII. Enneagram 6w5. Age 19.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Somewhere between B and C for me - it's less of a matter of researching and learning for me than me standing my ground for people in the right, though the two go hand in hand...

B - it could get worse, but I want to make it better!

C - no biggie!

C - I'd let them in on some of the budgeting secrets I've learned through poverty!

C - in the 21st century, who doesn't have access to magical powers?

C - we might yell it out like all hell for a good while, but we'll almost always come to an understanding...

C - hell, I'd go far beyond that - someone being a "sociopath" or a "psychopath" doesn't make them incapable of doing real, tangible good in the world, and holding love hostage from people is a damn idiotic waste...

C - I'm reasonable, and I can be open about things relationship-wise, so I don't know why that would even need to happen, but if the evidence is there, then the evidence is what I go on

C - now why the hell would I go and do that? I'd try to get the person feeling better somehow...

C - yes! A set time is a set time...

C - I'd want to know what's going on so it could be fixed, and I'd do what I could to fix it...

C - I can't imagine a functioning world without it, and I wouldn't want to either

B - Gamma

14. Tell me your socionics, enneagram, and MBTI type, if you know them.
    Se-SEE 3w2

15. Tell me your age or age range if you are comfortable with doing so.
    18+ just like it will be fifty years from now

16. What do you think about spiritual beliefs (atheism vs. theism, religious vs. irreligious, etc)?
    Somewhere between A and C, leaning a bit more towards A - my views are more practical, sensible, useful, and humane than most of the others around me, and I still want more info so I can get them even better

17. Do you believe in a higher power (if you identify as, for example, and “agnostic atheist”, choose one)?
    All of the above - I believe in over 6 billion gods, with one more being born approximately every quarter of a second

18. Do you support GLBTQ people?
    C - they are all so awesome and I'll have their back, I want to make it to a gay pride parade soon

19. Do you support polyamory?
    C - sure, sounds like a good time!

20. Do you support consensual incest?
    First off - bleehh... second off - C - go for it, though birth control should be used, of course... don't want a repeat of Charles II of Spain...

21. What do you think about prostitution?
    A - if it's illegal, then people will just get what they want from the black market, which will be much more immoral and unsafe - I'd prefer people to have free sex with people, of course...

22. What do you think about your race?
    B - I don't

23. Do you use drugs to get high?
    C - which ones? As long as they're more-or-less physically safe and not terribly addictive, then why not?

24. What do you think of abortion?
    A - killing people that aren't an immediate and strong danger to the lives of yourself and/or others is pure bullshit. Always.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I just realized I had both the words "boyfriend" and "husband" in the same question. I fail. I see what the IEE meant now. *facepalm*

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

8. A friend of your husband’s gives you a boatload of valid evidence that your husband is cheating on you. Do you believe him?

C. Delta

EII, 9w1

Optional section about tangible subjects. Not necessarily type related, but it would be interesting to see if there was any correlation.

B. It’s…a race?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    My instinct is to spam the thread with "DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT HURP DURP" but I'll play along.
    Lol. Well, anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to do it.

C just confuses me. How do you consciously stop being friends with someone?
    I'm not sure if you mean why, how, or both, but I'll give my spiel. You'd want to stop being friends if they seriously frustrated you and you wished you had never met or if they did something horrible and you didn't want to be friendly toward them again (or if you're afraid you'd become their victim). The smoothest way to end a friendship is to gradually drift away. Start calling them less, getting together less, and just plain interacting less until you aren't in contact anymore (of course, if they confront you about it, it's no longer a smooth road). The riskiest way is to straight-up tell them you don't like them and wish to stop being friends (risking majorly hurting them, and risking having a vengeful enemy).

lol why are alpha and gamma glued together?
    Alphas and Gammas value half the functions I do, but Betas don't value any of the functions I do.

"We’d be friends. We could hang out together, but there would be major tension if we tried to get closer."

IEE vs. EII
    6 vs. 6
    INFP vs. INFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@eunice

INFP vs. INFJ
    4 vs. 6
    EII vs. EII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I get along with pretty much all of the INFjs I know, online or not.
    Then I'd be the first EII going, "WTF you doin', bro?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Marie84

INFJ vs. INFJ
    4/9 vs. 6
    EII vs. EII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I can't help but noticed that the people who have responded to the survey so far are all Delta NF types.
    Maybe everyone else is thinking, "She's a dork. I'll probably score 'enemy'".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ashton

8 vs. 6
    LIE vs. EII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    D. I'm not gay.
    > 3 > You were supposed to pretend you were. Or that you were a woman.

4 vs. 6

EII vs. EII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    D. If by husband you mean wife and by boyfriend you mean girlfriend then I'd already be a philanderer myself and so I'd regard that my mistress taking up with another lover would be my just desserts.
    That was a typo, I meant to put "husband" instead of "boyfriend".

INTP vs. INFJ
    5 vs. 6
    ILI vs. EII

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast