Thread: SLEs/ESTps and OCD

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLEs/ESTps and OCD

Does anyone know any SLEs (Se subtype, in particular) who are OCD (or borderline) regarding Si things? (textures of fabric, the way things fit and feel, weird about being touched while sleeping)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Not really. The one I know is more OCD about getting things done.
    this.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that too. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering if my mom is SLE (maybe ESE.. she's one of those types that could get confused.. like Rachael Ray or something). I don't even have test results to start with, because she's ESL, and the test language is a little more nuanced for her skill level.. and she's not all that interested anyways. That said, she's pretty OCD (then again, I think many Asian moms are OCD somehow). She always has to be busy, even in her older age. Even if it's just gardening, the projects are kind of big. Growing up was maddening, because she'd get on these streaks where some new home project or cleaning had to be done, and she always went about it by upheaving the place and my life..and then rebuilding.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stray, what's your relationship with her like?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Not the best, but not terrible either. I respect her a lot, but we don't talk much. She's more stoic. And when I was young, the respect was more like fear. She was pretty disciplinarian. It doesn't make a good case for her being my dual, does it? I guess I just keep it open because there's a side of her that's SLE-like.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Not the best, but not terrible either. I respect her a lot, but we don't talk much. She's more stoic. And when I was young, the respect was more like fear. She was pretty disciplinarian. It doesn't make a good case for her being my dual, does it? I guess I just keep it open because there's a side of her that's SLE-like.
    Guys, don't forget that the normal dynamics of the intertype relationship is strained and inaccurate due to the parent-child relationship. They're not on an even level.

Quote Originally Posted by borderline View Post
    this.
    This again.

Of course an SLE *could* be OCD, not all SLEs are the same. But I find that ISTjs, ISFjs, ISFps, and ISTps are more particular about physical sensations/order, like the "fabrics" example you mentioned. Has to do I think with either Si leading, or Ti leading for order combined with strong (although unvalued) Si.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one I know has very sensitive taste in food. He actually doesn't drink--has never in his life gotten drunk because he doesn't like to feel out of control. But he says he should have been a taste tester cause he can taste very minor differences in things.

He'd spend $50 on a pair of underwear, if it was perfectly soft and if he had the money. lol

dressing rooms... funny, it's been probably over a decade since I've been shopping with a man.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Does anyone know any SLEs (Se subtype, in particular) who are OCD (or borderline) regarding Si things? (textures of fabric, the way things fit and feel, weird about being touched while sleeping)
    Yes.

My good college friend is SLE and heavy sensory stuff (Si isn't textures, but what texture appeals to the person's internal state). Se is very sensory, touching, feelings, etc... It might seem like Si, but unlike Si, Se needs to do it (take physical action) to experience the sensory information. Se looks like Si, but Si is experiencing it once and internalizing the sensory data into a dream where they can experience and relive the pleasure in their fantasy, internal (hence introvert) mind.

This is perfectly normal for SLE.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Never known any SLEs who were OCD about such things but I have known a few ILEs who periodically would become extremely sensitive when it came to sensory stuff, textures, smells, tastes, not wanting to be disturbed abruptly which sometimes included being touched, etc.