Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Is it just me

  1. #1
    Creepy-male

    Default Is it just me...

    or do the sexual types seem fucked up?

    Infantile-Caregiver

    and

    Aggressor-Victim

    Its like socionics is saying you can either have a sexual relationship that is BDSM or one that is baby-parent fetish.

    I mean is it possible that people just have normal sexual relationships?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's all about polarization.since it's everywhere, will eliminating it from socionics save our souls?

  3. #3
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i just thought of it allegorically, like some people just love to care for people, some people just need to be cared for or looked after (say because they're clumsier, scattered, and have a lot on their minds all the time). some people like a more aggressive approach to love, and some people tend to be more aggressive in love and romance.


    Those terms dont need to represent the most extreme sense of them. I also think that these romantic approaches tend to permeate one's regular behavior too (even though some say not).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  4. #4
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like many dichotomies, the names are misleading. But there's truth to it. Just don't take it too literally.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'd rather not think about them and just see Se ego, Ne ego, etc...i can see where they come from but all the weird connotations that have been attached because of the names are stupid and embarrassing. i think knowing the functions is good enough.

  7. #7
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i'd rather not think about them and just see Se ego, Ne ego, etc...i can see where they come from but all the weird connotations that have been attached because of the names are stupid and embarrassing. i think knowing the functions is good enough.
    yeah, agree.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  8. #8
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Some of the titles here remain on the silly side but these descriptions seem more true-to-life.
    I actually dont like those either...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  9. #9
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Slater has created an addendum which allows for rational function in relationships / sexual styles. If you unite the two (check out his blog), you get something more balanced rather than those weird representations of careful-infantile-aggressor-victim.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  10. #10
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    or do the sexual types seem fucked up?

    Infantile-Caregiver

    and

    Aggressor-Victim

    Its like socionics is saying you can either have a sexual relationship that is BDSM or one that is baby-parent fetish.

    I mean is it possible that people just have normal sexual relationships?
    No you are right. Agressor means they will bring a knife, and victim means you will end up dialing 911. That's exactly how you should interpretate this stuff.

  11. #11
    Creepy-male

    Default

    ftr this isn't a topic where I refute socionics, I'm just interesting in what you think about them.

  12. #12
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    ftr this isn't a topic where I refute socionics, I'm just interesting in what you think about them.
    I think the descriptions are correct. Though they not only point towards attitude during sex.

    Agressors are people who feel they need to be strong. Victims are people who have a high regard for strong people, who need strong people to 'protect' them.

    Infantile can be very childish in their thinking and planning, sort of naive, and demanding. The caregiver is the one who can provide their demandings.

    It's quite easely to see how this would fit into certain roles in a relationship. But you have to have some experience with the different relationships, to actually get a feeling for how the descriptions are to be interpretated.

  13. #13
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    does infantile get the short end of the stick or is that just my bias?

  14. #14
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I think the descriptions are correct. Though they not only point towards attitude during sex.
    ́
    Actually my personal opinion is exactly the opposite: they only point towards attitude during sex. In any real-life dealings the rational function becomes much more important, especially for EJ and IJ types.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  15. #15
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm so cute and innocent oh no my pants just fell down teehee!

  16. #16
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Its like socionics is saying you can either have a sexual relationship that is BDSM or one that is baby-parent fetish.

    I mean is it possible that people just have normal sexual relationships?
    I think fetishes of any kind - additional message, meaning - are rather Ni/Se. On a related note, think about the Playboy bunnies, do they seem Alpha/Delta to you?

    I have the feeling that what you call "normal" relationships is more on the Ne/Si side. With this "normal" I'm rather thinking of "nature/simplicity", because many kinds of sexual relationships may be considered normal, though having additional elements - eg the ones which involve religion, officiality, recognition, tradition. It's one thing to be a missionary (instead of X difficult position) in your bed (instead of the elevator), because you have no idea/don't care of/prefer it over something else, and to be one because in your opinion this is what's supposed to be.
    These things depend on one culture, too.

    All in all though, the romance styles are not necessarily related to the sexual intercourse itself, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Like many dichotomies, the names are misleading. But there's truth to it. Just don't take it too literally.
    My thoughts. Caregiver/Infantile for example is IMO not about a conscious such attitude towards each other. Si types are anyway concerned about immediate necessities, for themselves too. Infantiles are simply not inherently concerned about being taken cared of, they tend to prioritize their hobbies and mental activities in detriment to physical or household needs. So when you look from a 3rd party perspective, they appear as if the Si type is taking care of the Ne type, however they have not necessarily such intentions, they do their usual activities. I know both Caregivers and Infantiles who live alone and have no problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    For an SXE, Ne would be the intrusive function (aggressor of Se), Ni would feel relaxing (caregiving), and Si-types are seemingly victims for liking that annoying Ne.
    LOL! I think I understand what you mean. In fact Ne is felt kinda aggressive/demanding/whiny (although understandable and acceptable) by other Ne as well - and I can tell this from my experience, too.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  17. #17
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i'm so cute and innocent oh no my pants just fell down teehee!


    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I think fetishes of any kind - additional message, meaning - are rather Ni/Se. On a related note, think about the Playboy bunnies, do they seem Alpha/Delta to you?

    I have the feeling that what you call "normal" relationships is more on the Ne/Si side.
    I see where you're coming from, but you missed by a long shot.



    Taking the highly theoretical, extremely functional approach as you:
    Se/Ni, especially paired with Fe/Ti, would have more pronounced fetishes, and because of that they tend to be the fetishes that are common in society.

    Ne/Si, especially paired with Te/Fi, would have more subdued fetishes, and because of that they tend to be the fetishes that are socially deviant, and not just because they are fetishes in the first place.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  18. #18
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Ne/Si, especially paired with Te/Fi, would have more subdued fetishes, and because of that they tend to be the fetishes that are socially deviant, and not just because they are fetishes in the first place.
    I disagree. In fact most Deltas I know who touched the matter are vocal against sexual deviance.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  19. #19
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I disagree. In fact most Deltas I know who touched the matter are vocal against sexual deviance.
    Keyword: *SUBDUED*

    Fe/Ti vs Te/Fi...or expressing yourself as an individual(but conforming internally) vs conforming on the outside(but being an individualist internally)

    Expect Deltas to be the most quiet about their sexual nature(although, all that repression has to manifest somehow, right?), while Betas being the flip.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  20. #20
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  21. #21
    them's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    TIM
    ISTp
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ive always ignored this erotic attitudes stuff.

    bdsm is cool.

  22. #22
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,330
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Yep.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  23. #23
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,613
    Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    lmao i like where this thread is going

  24. #24
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess I'm not sure by the specific parameters of your definition of "sexual deviance", but I'm going to say NTR regardless.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  25. #25
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Its like socionics is saying you can either have a sexual relationship that is BDSM or one that is baby-parent fetish.

    I mean is it possible that people just have normal sexual relationships?


    If just looking at the labels it's going to sound odd, but it's just describing the basics behind / and / dynamics with rather uninviting titles

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    does infantile get the short end of the stick or is that just my bias?
    idk, I guess they can all sound equally offensive. Though I think Caregivers got the better end of this with the worst criticism being that "they're boring"
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  26. #26
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought this thread couldn't possibly get worse after pathetic drama-stirring attempt of the OP, but somehow, it still did.

    You know those names aren't meant to be taken literally. OP knows it. No n00bs on the horizon. It's been discussed here more times than it's worth. Get over it.

  27. #27
    ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ Birdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    840
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you think about it, you'll see the rationale.

    I promise it's there (:

  28. #28
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Actually my personal opinion is exactly the opposite: they only point towards attitude during sex. In any real-life dealings the rational function becomes much more important, especially for EJ and IJ types.
    ah yes, i can see what you mean.

    the irrational functions are less important in real life yes.

  29. #29
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    You know those names aren't meant to be taken literally. OP knows it. No n00bs on the horizon. It's been discussed here more times than it's worth. Get over it.
    Human creativity is endless, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    the irrational functions are less important in real life yes.
    I think he means conscious attitude, reasoning, decision-making. I think though that Irrational functions are pretty visible in daily life, though not so easy to put one's finger on.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  30. #30
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't agree that my irrational function is less important in my daily life than my rational function.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  31. #31
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Err I meant "compared to how much important it can be during sexual encouters", thus relatively speaking, not in absolute terms. Probably for rational types this difference is even more emphasized.

    Basically, given that sex is a very "sensing" activity, and sensing functions are always irrational, our perceiving side of the psyche will be relatively more emphasized during sex wrt our whole set of human behaviors.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  32. #32
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really think our whole romantic relationship is basically an Ne and Si relationship. Not exclusively, but the "caregiver/infantile" thing, as much as I'm not a fan of the name, works for us overall.

    Maybe this is different for rational couples vs. irrational couples.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  33. #33
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Ok so it is just me,

    later

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    It's seen from a Ne perspective. Si-types "caregive" Ne-types (relax their Ne), Se-types ruin (aggress) their Ne-flow and Ni-types seem weird for liking Se-types (seemingly victims).

    For an SXE, Ne would be the intrusive function (aggressor of Se), Ni would feel relaxing (caregiving), and Si-types are seemingly victims for liking that annoying Ne.

    etc. etc. for the other types and u can make a ring of it if you want, just make general names for it (names that will fit any function). As in "ds-function/HA" for "caregiver"-functions, etc........

    (You can probably argue that it's only the extraverted functions that are aggressive/infantile and the introverted functions are the caregiving/victim functions, but hey we have both in our ego, so doesn't really change much.)

    Ime, the descriptions are pretty accurate, anyway.
    omg omg omg it's ananke! Female rape. Why did I get so happy. Is that awkward. /shrug. Anyways I haven't read the rest of the thread yet. I got too excited.

  35. #35
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    omg omg omg it's ananke! Female rape. Why did I get so happy. Is that awkward. /shrug.
    Perhaps because you're EIE.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Perhaps because you're EIE.
    Lmao.

  37. #37
    EffyCold The Ineffable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wallachia
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    2,195
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Lmao.
    That actually meant Fe-Base in a less disturbing manner
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.
     

    The16types.info Scientific Model

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •