Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you dress?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be the one thing that'd make me doubt my "Beta NF" status. Going by some descriptions, I wouldn't fit (aristocratic and/or flamboyant looks or whatnot). I don't dress conservatively either. I'm juvenile-ish, if I had to say it. I've always shopped in urban or skater like shops, and wear a lot of t-shirts and jeans. There's nothing dandy about my apparel. I don't even own a decent blazer. I have army and motorcycle jackets. If I dress up, it's button up shirts (which I rarely tuck in), and often they're bright. I've never been comfortable with anything too outlandish. I try not to look bad, but I don't like calling too much attention to myself in this way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wear khaki chinos because you never have to iron them. You just pull them out of the dryer and throw them on. They look good with any shoes, they're loose enough that you can move freely but tight enough that your junk's not showing (I go commando because, seriously, fuck underwear), and they will last for a whole year before they start to fall apart.

On top I wear t-shirts since, well, like the chinos, you never have to iron them, are they are just loose/tight enough for free movement. That, and they don't have a bunch of bullshit buttons or zippers or pockets or other unnecessary crap, you don't have to tuck them in, they breathe nicely, and a single one of them can last for years before it needs replacing. I like earthy-colors because they match the khaki well and it creates a very understated look.

Of course, I can never find any of this stuff anywhere because stores never carry anything in my admittedly miniscule size and I feel like every other skinny tall guy in the state gets to them before I do.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I can see how tendencies manifest(with the need to stand out, express yourself, and have an identity), I'd say it is mostly a matter of personal taste and cultural expectations.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Although I can see how tendencies manifest(with the need to stand out, express yourself, and have an identity), I'd say it is mostly a matter of personal taste and cultural expectations.
    Not to mention geography. I've always lived in desert or tropical areas. It's rare to see suits on anyone actually. If I could get away with it, I'd at least dress up more, I guess.

If I were to go by stereotypes, I dress more like a Beta ST. Even ran some clippers across my head recently. haha

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear anything as long as it doesn't look like ass.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't care at all about fashion and would put on whatever was nearby, ironed or not, until I went to college and decided that I needed to get some sort of a fashion sense, so I relied mostly on my little brother to keep me from buying anything ugly, and I gravitate towards things that look kinda shabby and... I dunno. I really like hoodies of all kinds. I really like black, white, gray, and brown. I still don't care about ironing and I wish I had the confident to go commando, 'cause underwear is unbelievably inconvenient (and seriously tighty-whities have no excuse for existing).

I hate dressing up, suits and all that. I think it's a silly waste of time. But I do see where it can be strategically important at times, I suppose. Still don't like it though.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I clicked on this thread bc I thought it said how many dresses do you have? I have one..and I really, really want to buy a few more. I love VS.. short shorts, jeans, blouses. as soon as Im home I change into spaghetti straps and cloth shorts til Ive to go somewhere else.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't wear anything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I wish I had the confident to go commando, 'cause underwear is unbelievably inconvenient (and seriously tighty-whities have no excuse for existing).
    Do it! You're going to be unbelievably paranoid the first day you do it. You'll have this constant suspicion that everyone just somehow knows and that they're all secretly judging you. Then you realize that you're being paranoid and get on with it.

I hate dressing up, suits and all that. I think it's a silly waste of time. But I do see where it can be strategically important at times, I suppose. Still don't like it though.
    I really like the idea of dressing up. I look really good in suits and stuff like that, but at the same time, the auxiliary work that goes into maintaining those nice clothes is too much of a hassle to bother with.
    4w5 sp/sx

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually just go with a polo, khaki shorts and sandals. Free drinks are a given.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I didn't care at all about fashion and would put on whatever was nearby, ironed or not, until I went to college and decided that I needed to get some sort of a fashion sense, so I relied mostly on my little brother to keep me from buying anything ugly, and I gravitate towards things that look kinda shabby and... I dunno. I really like hoodies of all kinds. I really like black, white, gray, and brown. I still don't care about ironing and I wish I had the confident to go commando, 'cause underwear is unbelievably inconvenient (and seriously tighty-whities have no excuse for existing).

Go commando!

Underwear is one of the biggest wastes of time, energy, effort, and thought on the face of the planet, and it looks like a diaper for big people. If I could, I'd pile up all the underwear in the world into a huge mountain and burn it once and for all...

I do double-layer my pants in the winter months though! I put on a pair of PJs, then put the pants on over them - that way, the bottom half of me stays warm too

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to wear muted colours and pastels. Occasionally I will pair this with something brighter. I enjoy small floral prints and dresses.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's more of a 3w4 or 4w3 thang. And a female thang

I definitely dress "classy flamboyant" a lot of the times. I'm into big rings, lace, floral prints, leopard prints... yep, hate anything with one tone of color. I actually really love bright colors though, but only if they are bright pastel/baby, not like.. RED RED.

I think I have pretty good fashion sense NOW but damn, took me a while to get there. I still have insecurities though and I hate when people comment on stuff.. PoLR. I still think there will be one thing out of place at times when I don't take extreme care in my choices.

Some people seem naturally gifted with an eye for beauty... I only just developed it.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everytime i go out to bars i get asked if i'm gay.
    asd

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at everyone going commando.

I always thought the whole point of underwear, though, was to protect your outerwear and keep it cleaner so it doesn't have to be laundered as often. If you didn't wear underwear, wouldn't you then have to do more laundry? I mean, I wear the same pair of jeans 3-5 times before throwing it in the wash...I mean, sure, you have to wash the underwear between each use; but underwear at least takes up a lot less space in the washer than a full pair of pants.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrangea View Post
    I tend to wear muted colours and pastels.
    The actual colours your wear can be based upon your ("season") colour type (see X). Can't go wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    everytime i go out to bars i get asked if i'm gay.
    Maybe you're going to the 'wrong' bars.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Maybe you're going to the 'wrong' bars.
    Ye, try gay bars instead.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actual colours your wear can be based upon your ("season") colour type (see X). Can't go wrong with that.
    Lol I tried reading that, erm is it just my lack of Si or is it really hard to tell who is who... I mean I thought I was "Spring" then I looked at more and thought "Summer" when I saw the summer pictures of pastel pinks and stuff but Summer's actual description is pretty terrible.

I just look best with baby colours, light and cute, feminine. I feel like without it, I look too masculine lol. Definitely light pink and light blue are my favourites to wear.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Lol I tried reading that, erm is it just my lack of Si or is it really hard to tell who is who... I mean I thought I was "Spring" then I looked at more and thought "Summer" when I saw the summer pictures of pastel pinks and stuff but Summer's actual description is pretty terrible.
    No, I think it's not your fault, this description is very rudimentary. It's basically like this:

The colours themselves are different too, of course. But mostly, you first have to find out if warm or cold colours fit you better and then if you look better with intense or pale colours. There are better descriptions in the internet.

I just look best with baby colours, light and cute, feminine. I feel like without it, I look too masculine lol. Definitely light pink and light blue are my favourites to wear.
    Sounds like Summer. However, most asians are winter types, I don't know if that applies to you as well.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am extremely fashion conscious, have always been. Back when I was younger (high school) I would be fearless in what I wore, pretty wacky (and embarrassing) stuff, patterns that didn't know when to stop.

Now my style has become more subtle but more mindful. I love one or two statement pieces (ie. daring leggings, bold jewelry), really into sheer fabrics, lace, leather, florals and pointed toed shoes. I can't wear casual jeans, I need my legs to be hugged by fabric.

I go to university in a fashionable city, so maybe that contributed to it too. Environment, being about constantly gorgeous people.

I'm LSI btw.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundaneday View Post
    I am extremely fashion conscious, have always been. Back when I was younger (high school) I would be fearless in what I wore, pretty wacky (and embarrassing) stuff, patterns that didn't know when to stop.

Now my style has become more subtle but more mindful. I love one or two statement pieces (ie. daring leggings, bold jewelry), really into sheer fabrics, lace, leather, florals and pointed toed shoes. I can't wear casual jeans, I need my legs to be hugged by fabric.

I go to university in a fashionable city, so maybe that contributed to it too. Environment, being about constantly gorgeous people.

I'm LSI btw.
    I like you

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I think it's not your fault, this description is very rudimentary. It's basically like this:

The colours themselves are different too, of course. But mostly, you first have to find out if warm or cold colours fit you better and then if you look better with intense or pale colours. There are better descriptions in the internet.

Sounds like Summer. However, most asians are winter types, I don't know if that applies to you as well.
    I am pretty tan for an Asian.. I guess you can say my skin is more golden-y, like filipino or vietnamese toned but not as dark. A lot of ppl don't believe I'm Chinese.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    at everyone going commando.

I always thought the whole point of underwear, though, was to protect your outerwear and keep it cleaner so it doesn't have to be laundered as often.
    I don't see how. I can make a pair of chinos last a week. I mean, all you have to do is not spill on yourself, keep wiping until the toilet paper stops coming back brown and give it an extra vigorous shake at the urinal and your pants will be fine. If you do all of those things, it's really no different than wearing underwear.
    4w5 sp/sx

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundaneday View Post
    It's funny, because people in my university (and more so in my city) are very fashionable, too. Yet I react by proudly not giving a shit.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I prefer to wear medium-to-rich colors. Due to my light complexion pastels just don't mesh well with me. I'm not fashion conscious at all and prefer wearing what I think looks nice over keeping up with current trends. Rarely wear anything flashy, may be only a few days a month, depending on my mood that day. I have a few sets for the days that I don't have time for trying to mix-and-match clothing and some random pieces for recombination. One problem I keep having to battle is my hate for shopping for clothing. I find it incredibly boring. Having to sort through all the items and keep track of the prices frequently results in a headache. I usually try to team up with girls who are more into it and 'piggyback' with them as they navigate through the mall, which makes it easier and more fun.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this I am a winter. I guess I must look washed out a lot.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i dress boringly.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    i dress boringly.

We wouldn't expect anything more from you.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty tan for an Asian.. I guess you can say my skin is more golden-y, like filipino or vietnamese toned but not as dark.
    That's true. I know a vietnamese girl and you reminded me a lot of her.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's funny, because people in my university (and more so in my city) are very fashionable, too. Yet I react by proudly not giving a shit.
    I think you have to have an interest in the aesthetics of fashion beyond trends to really care about it consistently.

Power to you though.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    One problem I keep having to battle is my hate for shopping for clothing. I find it incredibly boring. Having to sort through all the items and keep track of the prices frequently results in a headache. I usually try to team up with girls who are more into it and 'piggyback' with them as they navigate through the mall, which makes it easier and more fun.
    I understand you completely about shopping. As much as I'm interested in fashion, the act of shopping is soooo dull. I'm frugal so I hunt for the best deals, rather than compulsively grabbing for something despite how pretty it is.

Shopping in a group, such a must for me too. Fun times with the girls!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to stay comfy and keep it classy without being boring. I wear lots of black, blue, grey. Track pants, comfy t-shirts, etc. Sometimes I get dressed up in preppy-wear; when I do, I go all out I like low-maintenance, clean-looking, maybe a little edgy-looking but usually not over the top, unless I feel like going out of my way. My favorite outfit is my black addidas running pants, a black bamboo-fiber t-shirt, and flip flops.

I do, however, always seem to choose inordinately ostentatious accessories. My piercings make me look like the devil, my hair is usually pretty wild, and I have a bit of a fetish for skeezy-sporty-FOakley sunglasses
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, hate anything with one tone of color. I actually really love bright colors though, but only if they are bright pastel/baby, not like.. RED RED.

I think I have pretty good fashion sense NOW but damn, took me a while to get there. I still have insecurities though and I hate when people comment on stuff.. PoLR. I still think there will be one thing out of place at times when I don't take extreme care in my choices.

Some people seem naturally gifted with an eye for beauty... I only just developed it.
    Same here. Although I don't mind when people comment. I think I kinda enjoy the attention.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    You should take that as a compliment. I know two guys who are often mistaken to be gay. They both score a lot of beautiful woman.
    yeah yeah. it's cool. i live around alot of rednecks so i'm not sweating it. beautiful women huh? >.> i dunno.
    asd

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You dress like a scrubbb.
    and u dress like a slut

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dress by putting my left leg through the left hole of my boxers with the tag facing the back, followed by my right leg through the right hole, and pull them up to my waist. Then I put on my pants the same way, where after I zip them up on the front and place the top button through the hole that is there, then take a belt and feed it through the loops near my waist consecutively until it feeds through the last loop and place the end of the belt through the opposite square loop on the belt, pull it up and loosen it back back down so the tiny metal rod goes through the given hole to keep it in place. Then I feed the end of the belt through the last loop to secure it until its flat. Next I take my shirt with the tag facing the back, bring it over my head and put my right arm through the sleeve on the right until it goes all the way to my shoulder, followed by my head through the larger middle opening sometimes called the collar, then my left arm through the final left sleeve same as the right. Then I pull my shirt down even though it would probably naturally do that by itself so is a wasted service. Then I take two socks and put one foot inside each so that the gray areas are facing downward and everything fits right, pull them all the way up so they're tight, then I take my moccasins so that the holes are at the bottom, where the right moccasin has a longer left tip on the front, and the left moccasin has a longer right tip, so it fits my feet accordingly. Finally I place my left foot into the whole of my left moccasin and my right foot into the leftover hole, then make sure my heels are fully covered in the back.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    I dress by putting my left leg through the left hole of my boxers with the tag facing the back, followed by my right leg through the right hole, and pull them up to my waist. Then I put on my pants the same way, then after I zip them up on the front and button, then take a belt and feed it through the loops and place the end of the belt through the opposite square loop on the belt, pull it up and loosen it back back down so the tiny metal rod goes through the given hole to keep it in place. Then I feed the end of the belt through the last loop to secure it until its flat. Next I take my shirt with the tag facing the back, bring it over my head and put my right arm through the sleeve on the right until it goes all the way to my shoulder, followed by my head through the larger middle opening sometimes called the colar, then my left arm through the final left sleeve same as the right. Then I pull my shirt down even though it would naturally probably do that by itself so is a wasted service. Finally I take two socks and put one foot inside each so that the gray areas are facing downward and everything fits right, pull them all the way up so they're tight, then I take my mocassins so that the holes are at the bottom, where the right mocassin has a longer left tip on the front, and the left mocassin has a longer right tip, so it fits my feet accordingly. I place my left foot into the whole of my left mocassin and my right foot into the leftover hole, then make sure my heels are fully covered in the back.
    what if they don't have a tag?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    what if they don't have a tag?
    That is stupid.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

skank
    what, a slut without the class?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I dress in all sorts of ways depending upon how I feel and what the weather outside is like and what the weather inside is like too. I cooked dinner for my BF in a summer dress in the winter, where I had the house warmed to 80 degrees.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast