Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41

Thread: Beta Appreciation Thread

  1. #1
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Beta Appreciation Thread

    Because without the Beta quadra, socionics wouldn't make much sense.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  2. #2
    Quaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I think beta, I think of a badass with a leather jacket and elvis haircut.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The problem with Beta is that we're all basically sociopaths.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We are not sociopaths, we are warriors and poets. We are the rage and angst, and we are the color in an otherwise drab universe.. it is We who paint the town red.... yeah sometimes.. it's with the blood of our enemies, but you gotta get the color someplace.

    And admit it.. we're so much cooler than a Delta

  5. #5
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    Seer
    Posts
    12,808
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you, Abbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ananzi View Post
    We are not sociopaths, we are warriors and poets. We are the rage and angst, and we are the color in an otherwise drab universe.. it is We who paint the town red.... yeah sometimes.. it's with the blood of our enemies, but you gotta get the color someplace.

    And admit it.. we're so much cooler than a Delta
    I understand that we're the ones who create meaning, etc.. The problem is that it's too easy for us to get swept away by rhetorical grandiloquence.

    Look at Donald Trump. My initial reaction was "Hell yeah!" But I've taught myself to always assume that those in power are lying, so I spent hours Googling him, learning about his personality, past controversies, his political positions and their consistency over the years. That shrewdness brought me to the conclusion that was a joke candidate with shape shifting political views, shady business practices, and basically no credibility whatsoever.

    How many other Betas do that? Three? The only reason I am able to think in this way is because I went to a private school that taught me how to think instead of what to think. That engendered in me a sense of curiosity that led me to the economics section of Barnes & Noble, so that I could make an informed judgment of all these glittery economy related words and promises being spouted by McCain and Obama. So when you place the quadra of action and passion into an environment that excludes these types of objective considerations, they're going to become psychopathic barbarians waiting to tear down the gates. Our natural thought processes just aren't concerned with digging up facts and weighing them from a cause-and-effect standpoint.

    To make matters worse, what I did learn in private school was taught in a Te fashion. I'm able to do fine in such an environment because I understand Te fine and can take a paragraph of Te sleeping aid and extract the principle from it. Beta ethicals would always argue and get offended at these things because they didn't grasp them as they were being presented. I recently had a debate on Facebook with one of my old high school teachers, a staunch liberal brimming with all the typical fallacies and falsehoods that liberals tend to have about important things, such as the economy, history, etc. Anyway, we had a debate about the causes of the recent recession, and I was actually able to convert her, all because I explained my position in a Ti manner. Beta's don't get this at school.

    So I think Betas major difficulty is that they're just not exposed to the proper presentation of important subjects. This creates a vacuum in their heads that liberal politicians - who are generally much more articulate than their conservative counterparts - are more than happy to feed a never-ending cascade of pretty sounding words and emotionally appealing rhetoric.

    Don't know why I wrote all that. Anyway, bye.

  7. #7
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just a comment. I pay no attention to politics, don't watch TV, etc. and when someone mentioned Trump to me, I said, "He's just an opportunist." It doesn't take massive research to know what someone is. Buying bullshit isn't a beta trait, and not buying it isn't limited to those who went to private schools and do a lot of research.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2011
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Discojoe.. I've read a lot of your posts now, enough to form a fairly decent idea of who you are. If you are an LSI, you are a very unhealthy one.

    And Frankly, I'm not sure what Donald Trump's political ambitions (or your own schooling for that matter) have to do with what I posted. Go hijack someplace else to get your attention fix.

    And Joy.. please don't jump on this thread as a way to feed your ego either.. you're not any healthier.

    Now.. back to topic.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ananzi View Post
    If you are an LSI, you are a very unhealthy one.
    Hmm. Let's employ some deductive logic.

    1. The only people who say I am unhealthy are those who haven't interacted with me outside of the forum.
    2. The overwhelming consensus among those that have done so is that I am not unhealthy.


    So from this we can conclude that you are almost certainly wrong. And that's funny as hell, because immediately prior to making your unfounded accusation, you said the following:

    Discojoe.. I've read a lot of your posts now, enough to form a fairly decent idea of who you are.
    You say that your exposure to my posts has rendered you an accurate overview of my personality. However, I have already refuted what is probably a key conclusion derived from your observations - namely, that I am unhealthy. So not only is your premise inaccurate, but also the conclusion at which you thereby arrived.

    So twice now we have effortlessly discredited your amateurish allegations. Too easy. No fun.

    And Frankly, I'm not sure what Donald Trump's political ambitions (or your own schooling for that matter) have to do with what I posted. Go hijack someplace else to get your attention fix.
    The topic title is ambiguous and by its very nature attracts posts that you may find aggravating.

    Finally, do not presume to lecture me on a subject that I have been studying for eight years and about which in all likelihood I know far, far more than you.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Just a comment. I pay no attention to politics, don't watch TV, etc. and when someone mentioned Trump to me, I said, "He's just an opportunist." It doesn't take massive research to know what someone is. Buying bullshit isn't a beta trait, and not buying it isn't limited to those who went to private schools and do a lot of research.
    Forest for the trees.

  11. #11
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Forest for the trees.
    yeah yeah. trees are still there.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    yeah yeah. trees are still there.
    Which is irrelevant. Saying the trees matter is like refusing to consider a hypothetical situation on the grounds that its premises aren't realistic.

    For example:

    discojoe: Here, listen to this. Say you and your friends are on a desert island, and then one of y-

    squark: But I wouldn't be on a desert island.

    discojoe: ....

  13. #13
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Which is irrelevant. Saying the trees matter is like refusing to consider a hypothetical situation on the grounds that its premises aren't realistic.

    For example:

    discojoe: Here, listen to this. Say you and your friends are on a desert island, and then one of y-

    squark: But I wouldn't be on a desert island.

    discojoe: ....
    Not irrelevant if you're claiming an oak forest when all the trees in sight are pine. Yes, I get the gist of what you're saying, but I don't agree. I don't think betas are lacking in the ability for critical thought, nor do I think "thinking in Te" is a requirement of it.

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Which is irrelevant. Saying the trees matter is like refusing to consider a hypothetical situation on the grounds that its premises aren't realistic.

    For example:

    discojoe: Here, listen to this. Say you and your friends are on a desert island, and then one of y-

    squark: But I wouldn't be on a desert island.

    discojoe: ....
    DJ seems to be into semantics.

  15. #15
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    The problem with Beta is that we're all basically sociopaths.
    blah don't conflate yourself/the Betas you might know with all of Beta please.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Not irrelevant if you're claiming an oak forest when all the trees in sight are pine.
    Okay, yeah, if you want to attack my premises, then fine.

    But this:

    Yes, I get the gist of what you're saying, but I don't agree. I don't think betas are lacking in the ability for critical thought, nor do I think "thinking in Te" is a requirement of it.
    is a straw man.

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    blah don't conflate yourself/the Betas you might know with all of Beta please.
    Blah too late.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BC
    TIM
    Ti-LSI, 6w5, ISTJ
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Because without the Beta quadra, socionics wouldn't make much sense.
    We Beta create contrast with you Delta folks.

  19. #19
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Blah too late.
    well, you're wrong.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    well, you're wrong.
    Well, your mom's a whore.

  21. #21
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    But this:
    I don't think betas are lacking in the ability for critical thought, nor do I think "thinking in Te" is a requirement of it.

    is a straw man.
    Except that it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Our natural thought processes just aren't concerned with digging up facts and weighing them from a cause-and-effect standpoint. . . So I think Betas major difficulty is that they're just not exposed to the proper presentation of important subjects. This creates a vacuum in their heads that liberal politicians - who are generally much more articulate than their conservative counterparts - are more than happy to feed a never-ending cascade of pretty sounding words and emotionally appealing rhetoric.
    Implies a natural lack of critical thinking. I don't agree. Not any more prone to that than any other quadra. Although you didn't label it a "lack of critical thinking" that's what you're describing. So, not a straw man.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Except that it's not.

    Implies a natural lack of critical thinking. I don't agree. Not any more prone to that than any other quadra. Although you didn't label it a "lack of critical thinking" that's what you're describing. So, not a straw man.
    It in no way implies a lack of critical thinking ability. What the fuck.

  23. #23
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i appreciate beta for being the least awkward to talk to
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  24. #24
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Well, your mom's a whore.
    wrong again

  25. #25
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    It in no way implies a lack of critical thinking ability. What the fuck.
    gargle agar gar ga gal. Look:

    But I've taught myself to always assume that those in power are lying, so I spent hours Googling him, learning about his personality, past controversies, his political positions and their consistency over the years. That shrewdness brought me to the conclusion that was a joke candidate with shape shifting political views, shady business practices, and basically no credibility whatsoever.

    How many other Betas do that? Three? The only reason I am able to think in this way is because I went to a private school that taught me how to think instead of what to think.
    Think about what critical thinking is and how it applies in this scenario.

    Now look at the other parts I quoted earlier. You're suggesting that betas just rush into things emotionally without checking their validity, that you are unique in being able to sort bullshit from truth, and that information is inaccessible to the average beta because it's in "Te" form. Again, what is that saying?

    There are a lot of people who swallow whatever they hear, but they're not limited to, or primarily in beta. And there are people who are willing to think, to sort out truth from fiction, and can comprehend without needing an interpretor, both in beta and without.

    There is a tendency when emotionally stirred for people to dive in and do something without thought, yes, and quite likely more prevalent in beta, but in the situations you refer to, there is SOO much time and opportunity to take a step back and consider that it's unlikely to keep any person going on just emotion unless they purposely shut off their brains. A pretty speech only fools those who wish to be fooled.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,934
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Implies a natural lack of critical thinking. I don't agree. Not any more prone to that than any other quadra. Although you didn't label it a "lack of critical thinking" that's what you're describing. So, not a straw man.
    No, it really doesn't. Naturally people aren't prone to digging up facts which are irrelevant to their own lives. I can think fine when confronted with a problem. But why am I going to pour through information on political candidates when I don't give a shit enough? The whole modern society is mentally specialized like that. It's not about critical thinking or some godly mental powers. You cannot critically think about something you know nothing about. You have to rely on people like DJ who do spend the time digging through the internet. You have to read what they say, appreciate you don't know shit about it, and if you find what he says to be truthful.. act on it. Otherwise just don't vote. There's no reason you have to have an opinion on everything. See I think that's the real problem with Beta NFs is they feel like they have to always have an opinion and know everything. They don't acknowledge and just accept what they do not know. And you're demonstrating that right here. It's a good thing if it drives you to find out more but it can also make you behave like a dumbass.

  27. #27
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    No, it really doesn't. Naturally people aren't prone to digging up facts which are irrelevant to their own lives. I can think fine when confronted with a problem. But why am I going to pour through information on political candidates when I don't give a shit enough? The whole modern society is mentally specialized like that. It's not about critical thinking or some godly mental powers. You cannot critically think about something you know nothing about. You have to rely on people like DJ who do spend the time digging through the internet. You have to read what they say, appreciate you don't know shit about it, and if you find what he says to be truthful.. act on it. Otherwise just don't vote. There's no reason you have to have an opinion on everything. See I think that's the real problem with Beta NFs is they feel like they have to always have an opinion and know everything. They don't acknowledge and just accept what they do not know. And you're demonstrating that right here. It's a good thing if it drives you to find out more but it can also make you behave like a dumbass.

    I'm not a beta NF. I'm an LSI. And my other post should explain well enough what I was saying.

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Now look at the other parts I quoted earlier. You're suggesting that betas just rush into things emotionally without checking their validity, that you are unique in being able to sort bullshit from truth, and that information is inaccessible to the average beta because it's in "Te" form. Again, what is that saying?
    I think non-Te types - especially the ethicals - will tend to either shun or fail to grasp information that is transmitted via Te. I'm not saying Betas are stupid, I'm saying that our society happens to favor Te and that it would be beneficial if there were some way to accommodate everyone.

    There are a lot of people who swallow whatever they hear, but they're not limited to, or primarily in beta. And there are people who are willing to think, to sort out truth from fiction, and can comprehend without needing an interpretor, both in beta and without.
    Stop insulting my intelligence.

    There is a tendency when emotionally stirred for people to dive in and do something without thought, yes, and quite likely more prevalent in beta, but in the situations you refer to, there is SOO much time and opportunity to take a step back and consider that it's unlikely to keep any person going on just emotion unless they purposely shut off their brains. A pretty speech only fools those who wish to be fooled.
    I disagree about there being sufficient time for consequential reconsiderations. Impasse.

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,934
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I'm not a beta NF. I'm an LSI. And my other post should explain well enough what I was saying.
    Im not sure how much beta NF vs Beta in general really matters. But it's besides the point. I do think you can train yourself to acknowledge what it is you don't know. And I think it's more than just Betas who have this perceptive god complex where they act like they know everything. ESC is not beta.. Bolt, Maritsa not betas.

  30. #30
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I think non-Te types - especially the ethicals - will tend to either shun or fail to grasp information that is transmitted via Te. I'm not saying Betas are stupid, I'm saying that our society happens to favor Te and that it would be beneficial if there were some way to accommodate everyone.

    Stop insulting my intelligence.

    I disagree about there being sufficient time for consequential reconsiderations. Impasse.
    eh. impasse indeed.

  31. #31
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I appreciate Betas on several levels and here are a few, based on their contributions in my life:

    1. I've appreciated EIE for their friendship and for their Ne demonstrative function in giving me business ideas; for their wonderful ability in textile designs and their help in designing my own place.

    2. I appreciate LSI, one being my brother in law, who strive to do good things in life, their loyalty and love of their family and friends, for the shoulder to cry on, for their ability to sense the internal troubles in me and for their diagnostic abilities and analysis of situations.

    3. Thank you, SLE, for being fun. For just living to experience; you've made me try to forget my worries and have fun, live in the moment, and enjoy life.

    4. Thank you too, IEI, for bringing such beautiful prose into the world, for the beauty of art that you contribute to my life.

  32. #32
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eh. Betas are okay. I like gammas too.

    What do I like about betas? I dunno. I mean, I guess they're more like-minded. And I have to give them props for focusing on what I consider to be important. And I guess the kind of artists I like tend to be betas (I mean like to hang out with more than like to read/listen to/etc).

    On the other hand, betas tend to be a little more crazy than I can deal with. I'm a little too sane for that business. Of course, I'd like to be a little less sane. Betas are loud, I like that. But then also pushy, and I don't like that. Meh. Also they 'cause too many problems by being so emotional and often rather selfish. But they make life less boring too.

    Eh again. (Eh Joe.) I'm in a bad mood as usual.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Eh. Betas are okay. I like gammas too.

    What do I like about betas? I dunno. I mean, I guess they're more like-minded. And I have to give them props for focusing on what I consider to be important. And I guess the kind of artists I like tend to be betas (I mean like to hang out with more than like to read/listen to/etc).

    On the other hand, betas tend to be a little more crazy than I can deal with. I'm a little too sane for that business. Of course, I'd like to be a little less sane. Betas are loud, I like that. But then also pushy, and I don't like that. Meh. Also they 'cause too many problems by being so emotional and often rather selfish. But they make life less boring too.

    Eh again. (Eh Joe.) I'm in a bad mood as usual.
    Quit being a stinkbutt.

  34. #34
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Quit being a stinkbutt.
    What should I say about betas instead?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  35. #35
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Eh. Betas are okay. I like gammas too.

    What do I like about betas? I dunno. I mean, I guess they're more like-minded. And I have to give them props for focusing on what I consider to be important. And I guess the kind of artists I like tend to be betas (I mean like to hang out with more than like to read/listen to/etc).

    On the other hand, betas tend to be a little more crazy than I can deal with. I'm a little too sane for that business. Of course, I'd like to be a little less sane. Betas are loud, I like that. But then also pushy, and I don't like that. Meh. Also they 'cause too many problems by being so emotional and often rather selfish. But they make life less boring too.

    Eh again. (Eh Joe.) I'm in a bad mood as usual.
    I agree with all of this. why are you in a bad mood?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  36. #36
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,724
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Betas promote unity...in the same way that terrorists promote patriotism.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  37. #37
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,621
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    strong convictions and powerful art.

  38. #38
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Betas promote unity...in the same way that terrorists promote patriotism.
    Nice comparison of Betas to terrorists.

    "Society exists to protect Deltas from Betas".
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 05-31-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  39. #39
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borderline View Post
    i appreciate beta for being the least awkward to talk to
    wonder why...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  40. #40
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Well, your mom's a whore.
    lol
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •