TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gammas with "Beta vibes"

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    ESI but you still have beta vibes. The stew is ESI but the spices are beta.
    so this is what crazed said in my type thread.

just wondering, are people grouping anyone who has a little edge or experiments w/ shit into beta?

show me some gammas with beta vibes!

maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    People are grouping sx/sp into beta:

Somehow "intense" seems to mean "beta" here. And the sx stacking = intense, especially sx/sp.
    haha.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fanboys LIISeeCold and Absurd will inform you that I belong to this beta-like gamma camp, if not to beta itself. Something tells me they'd feel differently if I'd mollycoddled their gauzy Si and lent credence to their phantasmic Ne.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'be never grasped how Hunter S Thompson is 'ESI.' He seems LSI to me, especially as portrayed by Johnny Depp. That whole movie, both the particular brand of social commentary and the whole HST freaky goofy touch, just felt like an Fe narrative to the max.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's kind of ironic, given that betas usually sense each other through 'vibes.'
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betas are the ultimate Betas, when you get down to it.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the reason why some people type Ashton SLE or EIE?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    It's kind of ironic, given that betas usually sense each other through 'vibes.'
    maybe a generalization you've only claimed as beta? remember that se-esi guy from HS i showed you photos of? he's really into "vibes"

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    My fanboys LIISeeCold and Absurd will inform you that I belong to this beta-like gamma camp, if not to beta itself. Something tells me they'd feel differently if I'd mollycoddled their gauzy Si and lent credence to their phantasmic Ne.
    I'm not your fanboy, mucky pup, so keep living in that fantasy world where I am one and I don't know why do you keep assigning me this 'Ashton-clique' status Ashton himself has been accused of where ESC follows my theories (?) and whims.

I assure you, I'm such a theoriser as Mother Theresa is/was a good person. I don't know why are you making such a big deal out of it, because reading what you wrote there sounds like you want me to feel I'm missing out on something, that is you, love.

So tell me, korpsey, do you want to be my fanboy ? Please.

And yea, I accept the challenge.

EDIT: To your information I've been typed LSI on here in the beginning, so go do your homework, dumbo.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borderline View Post
    maybe a generalization you've only claimed as beta? remember that se-esi guy from HS i showed you photos of? he's really into "vibes"
    Obviously anyone can have vibes, which is why I put the word in apostrophes. It's not that I vibe every beta into my quadra, but rather that I've noticed a consistent means of recognition among betas that I can confidently attribute to aristocracy+double internal dynamic functions. The best descriptor I can give for it, is conduction – betas naturally determine a person's placement within a more basic structure by the way their energy aligns during interaction. I recall an incident some while ago, where starfall, merky and I were bullshitting in chatbox, only to be intruded upon by an SEI claiming to be beta, who continually overstepped the proper boundaries in silly attempts to affect the atmosphere to her liking; this goes against the grain, because betas are always fixated on their specific position, and thus maintain certain frequencies of energy toward others.

Also, the entire premise of your suggestion is akin to what all the falsely self-typed ILIs pulled, insofar as, "My traits point to this type, so how my energy and ideas manifest to you is irrelevant." Not to mention the fact that this is yet another example of your behavior that only points to Fe-valuing, being a rather pointless notion proffered for social input that will help reaffirm whatever consensus you've already adopted, much like the ILE situation some while back, and the ESI typing that was buttressed by the social circle you maintained at the time.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't feel like an aristocrat, only that i could be if i wanted to

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

self-entitlement is great
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know it's true

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only because I ordained it
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 12:29 AM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i agree with ananke as well.

i'm on the fence myself between beta and gamma, but i still wanted to bring this up for discussion.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how would sx/so be any less a conflation of beta values than sx/sp? After all, Ashton, that seems to be your qualifying innovation to Allie as Se-ESI.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone who thinks i'm sx/so is retarded btw

definitely so last.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 12:29 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    sx/so gets conflated w/ β too.
    Which renders the sx/sp issue more or less null.

Frankly it's only idiots who still type by traits that make this conflation, so bringing it up in reference to an alleged (mis)typing, assuming she is and/or types herself sx/sp (or sx/so, since there seems no difference in priority), is only meaningful if there can be demonstrated an actual conflation.

?
    This. I thought it was noteworthy, because you were pretty certain of her as sx/sp for a good while.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 12:32 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it doesn't. I can see how either sx/sp or sx/so could get conflated with β for being "intense."
    I just see it as redundant unless there's some reference to her type, or an example of how a person is conflating them.

We were all pretty certain of you as sx/sp too for awhile. I don't see anything wrong with opinions evolving so long as there's clear reasoning from one to the next.
    There's not, but it does seem a convenient qualification. I'd be curious to hear your reasons for the change, especially in light of the reasons for my own, which I'm not sure even justify sx/so anymore.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I'm not your fanboy, mucky pup, so keep living in that fantasy world
    Then stop allowing me control of you by exploiting your gullibility. Si egos, ho ho ho.

where I am one and I don't know why do you keep assigning me this 'Ashton-clique' status Ashton himself has been accused of where ESC follows my theories (?) and whims.
    Angsty paranoia. Ashton and I don't always agree, and I really don't recall him saying much about you at all.

I assure you, I'm such a theoriser as Mother Theresa is/was a good person. I don't know why are you making such a big deal out of it, because reading what you wrote there sounds like you want me to feel I'm missing out on something, that is you, love.
    Learn to interpret a metaphor. All I said was that you've tried assigning me to the Beta Bunch after I've gotten your goat with a little aggressive waltzing, and I'm guessing that you did so because you've got issues with members of your opposing quadra. It's called projection, and it's hardly unusual. And on both those accounts, your "enemy of my enemy is my friend"-friend LIISeeCold has as much difficulty denying my Ni orientation as he does accepting the fact that he isn't my ILI identical, so he's tried a time or two to publicly paint me as an IEI. Disinfo or delusion? You decide. And maritsa, who cares? You keep fine company.

Anyhow, if you'd like to make a case for me being beta instead of getting mad every time I trick you into kicking yourself in the nuts, I welcome that opportunity for entertainment.

So tell me, korpsey, do you want to be my fanboy ? Please.
    That's unimportant since you appear to have no choice in the matter, otherwise this wouldn't have riled you so. But I'm a nice guy so I'll offer you the chance to say "just kidding" and pretend that your life never took this turn.

And yea, I accept the challenge.
    You're gonna huff, and puff, and bloooooooooooooooooooooow my house in.

EDIT: To your information I've been typed LSI on here in the beginning, so go do your homework, dumbo.
    Ha, it's amusing that you consider yourself worthy of purposeful study. I'm content to learn about you through your present struggles and have no interest in how others have classified your sociobonic past. And if you'd rather duke it out where we won't get banned by wailing pansies, we can always take this over to socionix, the more fun-friendly site.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm puzzled how someone like HST could be ESI as well. If I were to follow typical Russian ESI descriptions or Rick's site, that is. I don't have to bring wikisocion into it. And I don't have to grossly generalize and call ESIs "moralists" either. It's just that ESI's seem to downplay these kind of individualistic indulgences and reflect socially acceptable notions better - and further, look down those who don't. It could just be professionalism, not necessarily moralism. Either way, they're not the maladjusted type. HST seemed to be an antithesis of well adjusted. We don't have mention the drugs (I don't think it's that simple).. It's more subtle. I mean, even when he tried to contribute to society, he ran for the "Freak Power" party.

Before anyone wants to simply wave me off, I'm here to be educated on Gamma too. I'm not on some "lol @Ashtonian socionics" kick. I just don't know where you guys are coming from, relative to Model A.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having read a few of Thompson's books I can't find anything in him that makes me think ESI. LIE perhaps but certainly not ESI.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ashton dude, i don't think he was saying that. quite the opposite really. he clearly said drugs aside. and said he wants to understand gamma too, and he's not bashing your methodology in the least bit. you're being a dick for no good reason. instead of just grouping stray in with people who are calling ESIs moralists why don't you give him a chance and explain why you think HST is ESI. you sound like a protective fanboy

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 12:31 AM.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not necessarily true; I doubt socialization is type-related. I gather you'll find individualists, innovators, etc. equitably distributed across all types.

Further, you likely have no idea of HST aside from his gonzo journalism persona. There's a lot more to him than just taking drugs and shit.
    Uh, I just downplayed the drug part.

I've only read one book (also have listened to extended audio interviews), but I know more about him than just the drugs, man. I was trying to indicate it by mentioning his politics, but cut it short. Drugs are only one part of his sense of adventure and inclusion of the "weird" and miscreant.

Some of his best passages seemed to reflect a Beta "vibe" too, in it's sense of revolution and passion for social changes - and the tragedy of not quite overcoming anything to boot.. passing the baton, if you will, for "real" Gammas to shape society. But not being one of them himself.

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks stray, didn't check it after.

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Then stop allowing me control of you by exploiting your gullibility. Si egos, ho ho ho.
    Dream on, mucky pup.

Angsty paranoia. Ashton and I don't always agree, and I really don't recall him saying much about you at all.
    I don't care whether you and him agree or not, I'm not your fanboy. Get it ?

Learn to interpret a metaphor.
    Learn to use one

All I said was that you've tried assigning me to the Beta Bunch after I've gotten your goat with a little aggressive waltzing
    Wasn't aggressive at all, you didn't even scratch me.

and I'm guessing that you did so because you've got issues with members of your opposing quadra.
    Haha, nah, the only issue I have, like a real issue is with one member on here. Keep up the good work, and you'll join him soon enough. I just react, and yea I can overreact, especially when drunk, so it's nothing new to me and I don't particularly care when one or the other gets in the way - collateral damage. Except for a few that is.

And on both those accounts, your "enemy of my enemy is my friend"-friend LIISeeCold has as much difficulty denying my Ni orientation as he does accepting the fact that he isn't my ILI identical, so he's tried a time or two to publicly paint me as an IEI
    Heh, you think it didn't happen to me ? Same thing did and you know what some said ? They said this person is their identical which means I'm not their identical. I said fuck you and I don't have any regrets whatsoever.

Disinfo or delusion? You decide.
    I already did.

And maritsa, who cares? You keep fine company.
    I do, I have this urge to, you know, say what's on my mind every time she "types" someone I happen to like. Anyway, you look as you need company, not me.

Anyhow, if you'd like to make a case for me being beta instead of getting mad every time I trick you into kicking yourself in the nuts, I welcome that opportunity for entertainment.
    Alright then, I can't say it isn't tempting and amusing but I think I'm going to try and cool, at least this time.

That's unimportant since you appear to have no choice in the matter, otherwise this wouldn't have riled you so. But I'm a nice guy so I'll offer you the chance to say "just kidding" and pretend that your life never took this turn.
    That's the problem, I'm not nice.

You're gonna huff, and puff, and bloooooooooooooooooooooow my house in.
    Again, not only you need company, you're a blowhard.

Ha, it's amusing that you consider yourself worthy of purposeful study.
    I don't, the only thing that makes it purposeful (?) are your own words below.

I'm content to learn about you through your present struggles and have no interest in how others have classified your sociobonic past.
    Heh.

And if you'd rather duke it out where we won't get banned by wailing pansies, we can always take this over to socionix, the more fun-friendly site.
    I'll think about it, you can always PM me, I don't bite when not provoked.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alright, alright, I overreacted. Monkeys like being massaged but don't rub monkey the wrong way.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol

*spanks the monkey*

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    lol

*spanks the monkey*
    Always works

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fail to see how those quotes point to democratic>aristocratic. The only distinct quality throughout, is heavy / valuing, and most of the quotes ring very true for my experience and general worldview.

Anyway, an interpretation of that dichotomy in relation to his quotes would be nice; otherwise it just seems like you're assuming aristocrats to prefer promenades through their social structures, and democrats free-spirited adventures driven by personal principle.

---

They bust up the political-institutional order created by Beta, apparently.
    That's a misnomer. P-sub betas are the catharsis to the cathexis instilled by J-sub betas via social institutions created to reestablish a sense of ideological principle (unconscious rejection of delta's implicit code). The mindset of P-sub betas entails the loss of said things, as experience unfolds more chaotically, and thus the only recourse left is to, uh, "go to the edge."

Gammas being the 'water' to beta 'fire' implies stabilization, not "busting up," as the 'cracks and crevices' are already present, leftover from the destruction that ensues at the / axis' peak. There is a constructive and progressive mentality in the gamma transition, as the cycle heads toward delta.

It's worth noting that his orientation towards using highly charged invectives in character assessment, suggests + valuing. Among other things.
    For someone who so liberally preaches a relatively equal distribution of traits among types, I find it ironic for you to simply say, "These quotes illustrate invective character assessment. + valuing." Now, if you pay attention to what he's addressing in his quotes, it's the socio-political order of the day and all the depravity it's inflicted upon people at large. By your standards of interpretation, I could just as easily say, he's 'attacking the system,' the most emphatically stereotyped quality of the beta attitude in this community.
    Last edited by strrrng; 06-08-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting. You give me a lot of food for thought.. And I'm not being disgenuous btw. I'm too confused to do that. I will say that I've never met an ESI who was as inclusive as him, but I would welcome it wholeheartedly. It seems like the ones I've known have been.. more or less, traditional, in their critique.. (even though I want to avoid going there). And materialistic as well. Gamma Fi-Se either comes off as very Confucian, and if not that, mean Christian housewife-ish.

Maybe they're all LSIs.. or even ESEs.. I don't know anymore.

Gulenko, once again, throws me for a loop. ESIs know how to rock out, apparently.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 12:31 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, you guys, this is actually very simple. Consider figure 9001

Figure 9001

As you can see, betas are made of bracken and gammas are made of granite.

What you are experiencing with this simultaneous gamma/beta vibe is penetration through paper, something that type vibes (gamma and beta) share (as you can see, alpha is stopped by the paper; it would rather consider its texture with ). However, since gammas have AND (= higher understanding of ballistics), their vibes are able to penetrate even further to meet some gritty stone medium, which not even god can penetrate.

In order to differentiate between the two vibes, one must extend one's mind to the 3rd dimension of socionics, to peer into the depths of the gamma or beta, to see how far their vibe has penetrated the typology dimensions.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast