Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gammas with "Beta vibes"

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 12:31 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Because he's not speaking from ideological or institutional values.
    There was a pretty clear ideology embedded in all of his words; not associating it with an external school of thought ≠ democracy.

I can think of many different people from other quadras who have some worldviews I resonate with too. Perhaps you feel resonant with him because he's your Benefactor.
    Well, the uh, "recurring themes/motifs" of a quadra have proven fairly determinant of personal/ideological relatability IME. Also, it wasn't simply an explicit worldview, but the latent attitude I picked up on in the energy of his words. Either way, whatever.

There's little point in publicly debating such a heavily personalized interpretation. I think it highlights some interesting points that I can find spots of relevance in, but there's really no standard here to decide anything.
    Pray, Ashtonishka, the only standard by which something can be adequately assessed, is the consistency with which it depicts a given phenomenon. Citing "stupidonics authors" is hardly benchmark.

That wasn't really the connotation conveyed by the Gulenko article IMO; I think you're recontextualizing quite a bit here and it sounds like you're injecting Gilly's quadra progression stuff into the mix.
    Alright, Gulevna used the phrases "hidden reefs" and "excitement" or whatever, but the tenor of the gamma quadra remains one of progressive stabilization. Obviously there is some uprooting, but to nowhere near the same degree one would expect in a beta transition; water coursing over decayed, cracked ground is a congealing process.

It was the thematic quality in which they were conveyed which suggests a certain IE/quadra orientation. Not 'invective character assessment' in and of itself—any normal person is capable of doing that; it's not the action itself that's uniquely indicative.
    Again, to reiterate, we're talking about a recurrent theme/motif underpinning a person's cognitive disposition, that tends to reflect itself in what a person says, coloring the POV they perceive reality/events thru, etc. IMO, an -centric (+) POV is evident in HST, given the content and character of the man's utterances.
    I'm aware that it has do with a thematic quality – that's why I suggested the possibility of beta in the first place. Really, it's impossible to debate this aspect, because you're alternating between giving subjective approximations and citing official sources.

More often than not he seemed to be addressing personal/character attributes and how these were availed in the individual's actions. Or commenting on how society was influencing (or stifling as it were) the individual—not so much 'people at large'. I don't see a collective emphasis here.
    He described some personal attributes, and often used allegorical imagery to depict their manifestation in an implied societal context that clearly gave rise to them. I've seen betas invert the individual-collective relation to highlight social underpinnings countless times. 'At large' was a reference to the prevalence of the problems he saw.

This also corroborates with some of what I meant by the way, when I mentioned HST having Democratic > Aristocratic leanings—see here for reference as to why:
    Obviously we can debate whether these depictions are realistic attributions or not… now I don't think they're perfect per se, but like I said, for sake argument I'm only trying to keep the scope of this tethered to extant Socionics material.
    On the whole, they yield some insight, but hardly justify the simplification you make.

Which Betas talk about 'attacking the system' here? I've seen Golden, ananke, squark, and crazedrat make some poignant remarks about how gay/stupid things are, but I don't see most of you being that emphatic. And I probably bitch about 'the system' as much if not more than nearly anyone here, along with CPig and our anarchism shit, and neither of us are Beta (I recall Gilly joking that "Fuck the System" should be tattooed to my forehead). I've also seen Rick and anndelise make posts about the practical necessity of rejecting 'the system' and such, and they're Deltas.

Point being, that it's questionable the extent to which being anti-establishment or what not, is stereotypically "Beta." I strongly disagree that it is.
    lol it was an analogy, hence the apostraphes.
    Last edited by strrrng; 06-09-2011 at 02:19 AM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how Ashton just can't wait to defer to the same authorities he decries aas soon as he finds them supporting his views. Coward.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol right
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Ugh, you guys, this is actually very simple. Consider figure 9001

Figure 9001
    http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...alpha_beta.jpg

As you can see, betas are made of bracken and gammas are made of granite.

What you are experiencing with this simultaneous gamma/beta vibe is penetration through paper, something that type vibes (gamma and beta) share (as you can see, alpha is stopped by the paper; it would rather consider its texture with ). However, since gammas have AND (= higher understanding of ballistics), their vibes are able to penetrate even further to meet some gritty stone medium, which not even god can penetrate.

In order to differentiate between the two vibes, one must extend one's mind to the 3rd dimension of socionics, to peer into the depths of the gamma or beta, to see how far their vibe has penetrated the typology dimensions.
    hahaha nice. It actually made some sense, deceivingly so.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    wankwankwank
    Probably not doing much penetration, are you
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Ugh, you guys, this is actually very simple. Consider figure 9001

Figure 9001

As you can see, betas are made of bracken and gammas are made of granite.

What you are experiencing with this simultaneous gamma/beta vibe is penetration through paper, something that type vibes (gamma and beta) share (as you can see, alpha is stopped by the paper; it would rather consider its texture with ). However, since gammas have AND (= higher understanding of ballistics), their vibes are able to penetrate even further to meet some gritty stone medium, which not even god can penetrate.

In order to differentiate between the two vibes, one must extend one's mind to the 3rd dimension of socionics, to peer into the depths of the gamma or beta, to see how far their vibe has penetrated the typology dimensions.
    Lmao 👍

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have very much given up on vibes. There is a test that tests your ability to read emotions from pictures. I got 12/25, which is the average amount someone would get if they were guessing. As such, I obviously don't know how it works. However, I have been typed as ESTp before based upon vibe, so I would likely have been a good example of this. Now, I believe I have changed, and thus would not be a good example anymore. Still I believe I know why I was typed as ESTp, and it was because I was being incredibly silly.

As such, I now come up with the groundbreaking deduction that if I am silly, and people think I am ESTp, then ESTp is silly. To prove this, I would have to prove that people thought I was ESTp because I was being silly.

As to the analogy, I don't get it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12