Thread: Intertype Relations: Function-by-Function (Duality)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Intertype Relations: Function-by-Function (Duality)

This has been sitting around on my computer since last fall. I originally intended to cover all the relations, but only got through Duality. I might pick it up again if people find this helpful.

Duality
    At best: A relationship that can allow one to express his strong functions spontaneously and confidently. The flame is easily rekindled.
    At worst: Can be frustratingly limiting; any attempts to exhibit your dual’s strong functions in yourself may be met with ridicule or hostility.

Your base function as your Dual’s suggestive:
    In interaction, this will usually be the function you most readily present to your Dual when comfortable with each other. Your Dual will value it, perhaps developing a dependence on you as the go-to for his/her fix of this function. As a result, it may become a source of vanity for you, and you may neglect to help your Dual develop strength in this function.

Your creative function as your Dual’s estimative function:
    This function subconsciously provides the fuel for your base function, and will emerge of its own accord at odd intervals. Your Dual will outwardly consciously remain apathetic towards this function, but be grateful for it when you use it to overcome tense situations.

Your role function as your Dual’s Function of Personal Knowledge:
    You will be outwardly and consciously apathetic towards this function. Your Dual will often have comprehensive intimacy with this function and may tend to influence your opinions, impressions, etc.

Your Point of Least Resistance (Vulnerable function) as your Dual’s Function of Concrete Art (Demonstrative function):
    As you are painfully aware of any deficiency in this function, you will be hypersensitive to it when expressed by your Dual. When commiserating, you may be nursing battle scars from this function in particular. Your Dual will usually be more than willing to downplay the importance of this function. "You don't need it," he/she might say covertly. "You're fine as you are."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Intertype Relations: Function-by-Function (Duality)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrummy
    Your role function as your Dual’s Function of Personal Knowledge:
    You will be outwardly and consciously apathetic towards this function. Your Dual will often have comprehensive intimacy with this function and may tend to influence your opinions, impressions, etc.
    I like this... I hadn't thought of these functions quite like this before. Wouldn't it be the other way around? I think that they two balance eachother, but I'm not sure that I see someone's role being less important to them than their function of personal knowledge.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to go through and read about the functions to see if that's how it works here. One, two and four seem to be true for us. I can't get a grip on either or enough to evaluate #3. My husband has no sense of danger, that's definitely true, and I'm often worried he'll get hurt because of that, but that's as much as I can see in us regarding that function. I have no idea how plays into our relationship at all - I can't even begin to figure that out.

#4 is particularly true. I sometimes find very outwardly emotional people to be overpowering, at least if they're people I spend a great deal of time with, so the fact that my husband has weak is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if he cares about my weak at all. That's another function I need to do a lot more reading about to understand.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I had to go through and read about the functions to see if that's how it works here. One, two and four seem to be true for us. I can't get a grip on either or enough to evaluate #3. My husband has no sense of danger, that's definitely true, and I'm often worried he'll get hurt because of that, but that's as much as I can see in us regarding that function. I have no idea how plays into our relationship at all - I can't even begin to figure that out.

#4 is particularly true. I sometimes find very outwardly emotional people to be overpowering, at least if they're people I spend a great deal of time with, so the fact that my husband has weak is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if he cares about my weak at all. That's another function I need to do a lot more reading about to understand.
    You find.. outwardly emotional people overpowering!?

Umm..

You find OUTWARDLY EMOTIONAL PEOPLE OVERPOWERING!?

Hmm..

Funny.
    thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks muchly for the feedback.