Thread: Cognitive style and type changing

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cognitive style and type changing

Bear with my Ti-PoLR trying to explain this...

I've noticed what seems to be an interesting trend: A lot of the members on this site who have stable types that are generally agreed upon belong to the holographic-panoramic or vortical-synergetic cognitive style, with holographics being somewhat more stable. This makes sense with how the cognitive styles are supposed to manifest, with holographics having a very holistic and stable perception of reality, and voritcals are characterized by inertia so they are also relatively stable. Dialectical-algorithmic is least stable with it's dualistic nature, but tends to have people flip between two types (like Gilly between EIE and ILE or people commonly going between SEI and ILE or between ILI and LII). Causal-deterministics seem to be all over the place until they gather enough information and eventually settle into a reasonably stable type.
    Stan is not my real name.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice theory there, you know what that means, don't you ?

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't know what that means...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly certain there was a thread related to it at some point.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Either your theory is bull crap or you've got yourself, like 90% dialectical algorithmic members on here.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Either your theory is bull crap or you've got yourself, like 90% dialectical algorithmic members on here.
    List all their names so we can check your math, O passive aggressive enemy of passive aggression.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    List all their names so we can check your math, O passive aggressive enemy of passive aggression.
    Heh, just take a look at threads and people waxing between one type or another having 'made a decision' on their type beforehand unless you're blind and dumb to begin with. What does it tell you o mighty rebuttor of my supposed passive aggression (hostility, aggression, not being nice, etc.) ? It tells you that those people are, in fact, dialectical algorithmic or holographic posing as dialectical algorithmic. I don't even know what kind of a mess is this, wait for stanprollyright to say what he wants to say.

And yea, I hate math, just like your abstract shite you twiggle between places you hang out on here.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, just take a look at threads and people waxing between one type or another having 'made a decision' on their type beforehand unless you're blind and dumb to begin with. What does it tell you o mighty rebuttor of my supposed passive aggression (hostility, aggression, not being nice, etc.) ? It tells you that those people are, in fact, dialectical algorithmic or holographic posing as dialectical algorithmic. I don't even know what kind of a mess is this, wait for stanprollyright to say what he wants to say.

And yea, I hate math, just like your abstract shite you twiggle between places you hang out on here.
    Then name their names instead of dancing around. You act like I've bothered to take up this latest cognitive styles fashion craze. I've only read portions of the article and listened to one or two files from the computer-speech ebook I made.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then name their names instead of dancing around. You act like I've bothered to take up this latest cognitive styles fashion craze. I've only read portions of the article and listened to one or two files from the computer-speech ebook I made.
    I don't think we're on the same wavelength korpsey.

Firstly, I don't give a flying toss about some cognitive styles so you whining you aren't into it and trying to impose I am is just hilarious.

Secondly, I don't see you whining to people who actually are, and they are quite close to you, I might add. Sounds like nyctalopia to me.

Thirdly, you've got yourself a member who's name is ozone, then you've got Gilly who expressed his gratitude towards fountainhead Gulenko and his cognitive styles embracing dialectical algorithmic for himself, which means stranprollyright is actually right, then you've got yourself a leprechaun self-typing ILI hailing from same place as Gilly, I guess stanprollyright isn't right after all, then you've got me, again, hailing from same place you and Gilly, I guess stanprollyright isn't right once again, then you've got Crispy, the father of socionics, who erred once but isn't willing to err twice, I think. Being holographic he ought to stay in place and not move a muscle, but no, he didn't. Then you've got Ashton and FDG, both fellows of the vortex, oh my, I think stanprollyright is right this time.

I can go on and on, but I don't see a point whatsoever so I ask you, korpsey, do you want to dance with me, if you know what I mean.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    I'm fairly certain there was a thread related to it at some point.
    Can you find and link it please?

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Examples: Most IEEs as far as I know have been pretty set on IEE for a while (me, slacker, workaholics, galen, somavision, anndelise, etc.). Same with plenty of LIIs (Krig, jx, labcoat, thehotelambush, brilliand, etc.). And the SLEs (Ezra and JWC3). Most of the IEIs have had relatively few type changes as well (strrrng, BnD, silverchris, crazedrat, thepirate, starfall, redbaron). The LIEs are stable too (Ashton, FDG, Azeroffs). I think Parkster is the only SLI still around...

I already mentioned Gilly. Most SEIs have thought they were ILE at one point or another (Gul, mnumenori I think was ILE when I first got here, and user Fabellie who is a friend of mine that only posted here a short time).

Its kind of difficult to list many other type changers because I don't know their actual types or what they self-type as now, nor do I care to look up all their type histories.

EDIT: I'm adding names to the list as I think of them.
    Last edited by stanprollyright; 05-24-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we're on the same wavelength korpsey.
    We almost never are, and for that I give thanks.

Firstly, I don't give a flying toss about some cognitive styles, so you whining you aren't into it and trying to impose I am is just hilarious.
    Show me where I said you were a cog styles adherent. You're fabulating rubbish: it didn't happen. All I said was that I hadn't bothered to study the material in whole. And that has sweet FA to do with whether you're a fan or not.

Secondly, I don't see you whining to people who actually are, and they are quite close to you, I might add. Sounds like nyctalopia to me.
    Then name the names instead of playing all these namby-pamby peekaboo games. I'm not going to hire a psychic to read your soggy mind.

Thirdly, you've got yourself a member who's name is ozone
    Who?

then you've got Gilly who expressed his gratitude towards fountainhead Gulenko and his cognitive styles embracing dialectical algorithmic for himself, which means stranprollyright is actually right, then you've got yourself a leprechaun self-typing ILI hailing from same place as Gilly, I guess stanprollyright isn't right after all, then you've got me, again, hailing from same place you and Gilly, I guess stanprollyright isn't right once again, then you've got Crispy, the father of socionics, who erred once but isn't willing to err twice, I think. Being holographic he ought to stay in place and not move a muscle, but no, he didn't. Then you've got Ashton and FDG, both fellows of the vortex, oh my, I think stanprollyright is right this time.
    Hire an editor to rehabilitate this muddled wreck. Once the sarcasm is stripped away all that's left is a bunch of hazy accusations and inept smears by association.

I can go on and on, but I don't see a point whatsoever so I ask you, korpsey, do you want to dance with me, if you know what I mean.
    No, Sloshy, I really don't know what the vague hell you're trying to imply. The only clear pattern emerging is that others' ambiguity makes you anxious but you simultaneously feel free to habitually talk out the side of your neck. Looks like a bunch of Si-Ne manure to me.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This does not follow...

Not saying that the theory is correct, but in no way is that a reasonable conclusion to draw from what was said.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We almost never are, and for that I give thanks.
    Haha, no fucking way.

Show me where I said you were a cog styles adherent. You're fabulating rubbish: it didn't happen.
    Next time ask me.

Then name the names instead of playing all these namby-pamby peekaboo games. I'm not going to hire a psychic to read your soggy mind.
    I did, I'm not a psychic either although you do far better than me seeing you're ILI.

Who?
    I don't know myself, I'm not a psychic.

Hire an editor to rehabilitate this muddled wreck. Once the sarcasm is stripped away all that's left is a bunch of hazy accusations and inept smears by association.
    Those are not accusations, far from it, it is what I see, you don't like it, don't reply, fair deal.

No, Sloshy, I really don't know what the vague hell you're trying to imply. The only clear pattern emerging is that others' ambiguity makes you anxious but you simultaneously feel free to habitually talk out the side of your neck. Looks like a bunch of Si-Ne manure to me.
    I'm not implying anything you bald fuck, the only one implying something here is stanprollyright, shove your pattern up yer arse. Ye, I am Si-Ne, got a problem with it ? I don't see no problem here.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Can you find and link it please?
    It was mine

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plotter View Post
    This does not follow...
    Si-Ne thing does work it seems.

Not saying that the theory is correct, but in no way is that a reasonable conclusion to draw from what was said.
    Fair enough

OK, so you still don't understand. As you were.
    What's there to understand, it is what it is, unless you want to edit it commenting it is poorly written.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I think there's something here.

gilly's type changes are distinct in that he appears to be constantly weighing information about one type pertaining to him vs another - which is different than someone thinking 'oh x fits, I must be x'..not everyone who changes types is dialectal, but people who do it in a way as to constantly be weighing comprehensive information against each other and fluctuating due to seeing possibilities, that may be indicative of DA - whereas someone who just accepts information, or see's contrary patterns without that weighing, may not be.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    yes, I think there's something here.

gilly's type changes are distinct in that he appears to be constantly weighing information about one type pertaining to him vs another - which is different than someone thinking 'oh x fits, I must be x'..not everyone who changes types is dialectal, but people who do it in a way as to constantly be weighing comprehensive information against each other and fluctuating due to seeing possibilities, that may be indicative of DA - whereas someone who just accepts information, or see's contrary patterns without that weighing, may not be.
    Right, there's a reason I left out people like Joy and poli.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've been here longer to observe this but my general impression so far is that it's been Ne types (or Ni devaluers) who've been most likely to hopscotch about the socion.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Bear with my Ti-PoLR trying to explain this...

I've noticed what seems to be an interesting trend: A lot of the members on this site who have stable types that are generally agreed upon belong to the holographic-panoramic or vortical-synergetic cognitive style, with holographics being somewhat more stable. This makes sense with how the cognitive styles are supposed to manifest, with holographics having a very holistic and stable perception of reality, and voritcals are characterized by inertia so they are also relatively stable. Dialectical-algorithmic is least stable with it's dualistic nature, but tends to have people flip between two types (like Gilly between EIE and ILE or people commonly going between SEI and ILE or between ILI and LII). Causal-deterministics seem to be all over the place until they gather enough information and eventually settle into a reasonably stable type.
    Long before I got into functions, I described how my own mind works, and a friend found a gif that came close to what I was describing, though it was not perfect. After some time studying and often caught between two types at a time, I finally landed quite definitively on Ni ego. When I found the cognition styles, I saw my description of my mind perfectly in vortex thinking... or so I thought. And for the last while, I've typed at IEI.
    But now once again, I'm caught between EIE and IEI.
    While I am certain that my own description of my mind was accurate, I'm also noticing what you're seeing. My husband is LSI and he too was all over the place until he settled into a type. He thinks I'm EIE rather than IEI, and finally convinced me that this is a strong possibility. I just wanted to tell you that this pattern you mention has definitely panned out for us, if indeed I am EIE.
    I am curious to hear your observations about vortex people -- could you describe how this "inertia" pans out?? Thanks!
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I have gathered overwhelming evidence via several sources (ditching all the gut based Keirsey and MBTI from sight) I have come to stable type after crosschecking myself against ITR, descriptions, cognitive styles and finally Model G and they all seem to check OK especially by also ditching stereotypes that are quite tied to (Keirsey and MBTI).

I think EIE tends to be much more tragic figure than IEI who is quite optimistic regarding future. It is like LSI needs impeding danger alerts.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    When I have gathered overwhelming evidence via several sources (ditching all the gut based Keirsey and MBTI from sight) I have come to stable type after crosschecking myself against ITR, descriptions, cognitive styles and finally Model G and they all seem to check OK especially by also ditching stereotypes that are quite tied to (Keirsey and MBTI).

I think EIE tends to be much more tragic figure than IEI who is quite optimistic regarding future. It is like LSI needs impeding danger alerts.
    Well, in that sense, nihilistic vs existentialistic feasibly works for the negative vs positive on that essence.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet, here I am, not fitting any type well at all.
    I'm definitely a lab experiment.