Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: "Dual Types" as Nature and Nurture

  1. #1
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default "Dual Types" as Nature and Nurture

    Basic idea is there, I will flesh it out monentarily
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're the one talking all this crap about type being inborn. How much have you studied about social conditioning? Shall I recommend you some Joseph Campbell?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type is inborn. What else could set the brain's energy levels for specific kinds of information?

  4. #4
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe people are born with their types set, but I'm open to the possibility of it being nurtured inside the womb.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  5. #5
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One of my biggest questions: Why aren't y'all taking a degree or more in psychology if you're wasting half your lives posting on this meaningless forum? I mean it seems that a lot of people on here take this super seriously and discuss it to way more of an extent than I ever have or ever will. I discuss this in real life with people a lot though, but not online so much cause it does feel useless.

    Besides myself, the only other person studying it that I know of is Bardia. No don't give me that crap about disliking the typical education system -- that just means you're too lazy to actually do the real work and research. Lol sorry

    I don't remember why I am posting this in your thread Gilly, lol maybe I'll make one.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    One of my biggest questions: Why aren't y'all taking a degree or more in psychology if you're wasting half your lives posting on this meaningless forum? I mean it seems that a lot of people on here take this super seriously and discuss it to way more of an extent than I ever have or ever will. I discuss this in real life with people a lot though, but not online so much cause it does feel useless.

    Besides myself, the only other person studying it that I know of is Bardia. No don't give me that crap about disliking the typical education system -- that just means you're too lazy to actually do the real work and research. Lol sorry

    I don't remember why I am posting this in your thread Gilly, lol maybe I'll make one.
    hahah. truth.

    Nature vs. nurture is something that psychologists today still cant completely figure out. I don't know why anyone expects to make any progress on a forum for a pseudoscience.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,934
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Type is inborn. What else could set the brain's energy levels for specific kinds of information?
    Maybe the information itself?

  8. #8
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    AFAIK the general consesus is that temperament is inborn, then club is either subject to change during one's lifetime, or a stable byproduct of nurture.

    One of my biggest questions: Why aren't y'all taking a degree or more in psychology if you're wasting half your lives posting on this meaningless forum?
    Because we are getting / we already got degrees in other disciplines.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  9. #9
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    One of my biggest questions: Why aren't y'all taking a degree or more in psychology
    Degrees in psychology are worthless.
    I don't want more homework.
    Socionics is sociology, not psychology.
    Psychology is boring.
    The only colleges that would acknowledge socionics are in Russia.
    College psychology irritates me because socionics is better and none of those idiot instructors have even heard of it.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  10. #10
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Degrees in psychology are worthless.
    I don't want more homework.
    Socionics is sociology, not psychology.
    Psychology is boring.
    The only colleges that would acknowledge socionics are in Russia.
    College psychology irritates me because socionics is better and none of those idiot instructors have even heard of it.
    No they're not worthless.

    "Homework" is required in every discipline of study. What are you studying?

    Socionics is NOT sociology lol shut up. It's personality psychology applied in a social psychological context

    Then why are you here?

    That's not true. My personal goal in life (one of them) is to MAKE people aware and acknowledge Socionics here. You just have to be persistent, write a theses, etc

    Okay well I agree that it irritates me as well that no one has heard of it but really Socionics has a reason not to be accepted due to its real lack of empirical evidence... someone has to think up some kind of methodology to manipulate variables or it will continually be a pseudoscience. That is the MAIN problem, I think.

    And instructors are not idiots... really, have some respect for higher education.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lux explain to me why we are not soulmates.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Lux explain to me why we are not soulmates.
    Because you're not duals! duh.

  13. #13
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,135
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One cannot separate Nurture from Nature. So come to the conclusion that Nurture is irrelevant in type is to completely dismiss the fact that every event you've ever experienced has shaped you in one way or another. You are not the same person now as you were yesterday.

    Type is very much developed by nurture. The things you teach a child have so much to do with how they view the world. Every boy that my mother raised is a feeler, and i know that this has to do with the fact that taking into consideration how one's actions effects anothers feelings was a point that was drilled into us as children.

    The things you teach a child shape their viewpoint of the world. To dismiss this fact is ridiculous.

  14. #14
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,099
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As far as what role nature/nurture plays in type... I'd wager that IM type becomes "permanent" somewhere between time in the womb and the fifth year of life. I would identify the major player in this IM choice to be Nurture > Nature a la Dutch Hunger Winter (link at bottom). I still know nothing of EM type so I ain't touchin it with an 11 foot pole.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_f...entific_legacy
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,934
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    One cannot separate Nurture from Nature.
    Actually you can. They're connected yes but they're distinct.

  16. #16
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,728
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    No they're not worthless.

    "Homework" is required in every discipline of study. What are you studying?

    Socionics is NOT sociology lol shut up. It's personality psychology applied in a social psychological context

    Then why are you here?

    That's not true. My personal goal in life (one of them) is to MAKE people aware and acknowledge Socionics here. You just have to be persistent, write a theses, etc

    Okay well I agree that it irritates me as well that no one has heard of it but really Socionics has a reason not to be accepted due to its real lack of empirical evidence... someone has to think up some kind of methodology to manipulate variables or it will continually be a pseudoscience. That is the MAIN problem, I think.

    And instructors are not idiots... really, have some respect for higher education.
    I'm almost done studying and I don't want to keep going.

    I'm here beacuse these people speak my language and I like socionics because it helps me understand relationships and label people.

    Not all instructors are idiots, just the ones who write all those stupid self-analyzation books my IEE dad likes to read.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    One of my biggest questions: Why aren't y'all taking a degree or more in psychology
    Degrees in psychology are worthless.
    I don't want more homework.
    Socionics is sociology, not psychology.
    Psychology is boring.
    The only colleges that would acknowledge socionics are in Russia.
    College psychology irritates me because socionics is better and none of those idiot instructors have even heard of it.
    My thoughts exactly!

  18. #18
    Fuck-up NewBorn STAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol at ashton Funny






    You people are stuck in the parts. Studying socionics or w/e in socionics so you can get whatever bullshit job to yourself so you can pretend happy. While being still controlled by the greed and other stupid waves.


    But just one yes to the goddess and you may be lift up.
    The mind is the key.

    What you believe is what you get. So do whatever you need to rid yourself of the negative thought patterns. No1 wants to be harrassed by the goblins, demons and vampires.





    All there is

    IS LIGHT

    We see not yet just because we are blinded by its holy flame. But thats all there is to come.

  19. #19
    Fuck-up NewBorn STAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    You're the one talking all this crap about type being inborn. How much have you studied about social conditioning? Shall I recommend you some Joseph Campbell?
    Stop being so defensive. I dont know why we are being so butt hurt about here but all this name calling and raging about past offences is kinda childish.

    Both of you seem kinda cute but sensitive in a very humane way which makes these kind of misunderstandings positive.

    But there is no reason to keep still in them. Time to move on boys and girls

  20. #20
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was defensive because I've come to expect exactly that kind of shit from him and it's tiresome.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  21. #21
    Fuck-up NewBorn STAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah i can understand him going on and on doing shit like gets kinda annoying. But its kinda his own shame for acting stupid like that.

  22. #22
    Fuck-up NewBorn STAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    God dammit.
    I can see you smiling behind the cold looks.

  23. #23
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post
    Yeah i can understand him going on and on doing shit like gets kinda annoying. But its kinda his own shame for acting stupid like that.
    Yeah it is and I've tried to tell him that but he doesn't give a shit because he mostly lives in his own little self-satisfied world only reaching out once in a while so his followers can stroke his interwebshopped ego dick.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  24. #24
    Fuck-up NewBorn STAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Gilly's just mad because he feels left out and wants to stroke my dick too.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post

    I can see you smiling behind the cold looks.
    back at you


    But cant you two just try getting along. You both seem to be great dudes. Just having lil tendency to go all defensively narsistic and shit.

    I cant see whats sod difficult at being friends. its not like your fragile egos are stopping you from embracing the love, rite ?

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Gilly's just mad because he feels left out and wants to stroke my dick too.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post

    I can see you smiling behind the cold looks.
    Love. Strikes. Once. Again.

  26. #26
    Fuck-up NewBorn STAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Gilly's just mad because he feels left out and wants to stroke my dick too.



    Love. Strikes. Once. Again.


    at you too

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post

    Love. Strikes. Once. Again.


    at you too


    Thanks

  28. #28
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So where's the rest of the thread?

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  29. #29
    Creepy-female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post
    I cant see whats sod difficult at being friends. its not like your fragile egos are stopping you from embracing the love, rite ?

  30. #30
    Fuck-up NewBorn STAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post
    I cant see whats sod difficult at being friends. its not like your fragile egos are stopping you from embracing the love, rite ?


    WORKS

  31. #31
    Samuel the Gabriel H. MisterNi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, USA.
    TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gilly, I demand you post the rest of your theory and to stop being sidetracked by all of the homo-erotic love currently present in this thread.

    You may need to make a new thread though. This one's toast.

    IEE Ne Creative Type

    Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's garbage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •