Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And Then Suddenly A Type Changes

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default And Then Suddenly... A Type Changes

Well hello erryone. I have just come across the realization that I am not, have never been, and will never be INTj. After reading every description over and over again from multiple sources and asking for outside opinions from family and such, I have determined my preconceived Mirror type, ENTp to fit myself much better than INTj. If you are itching to know why I have not realized this sooner (besides not realizing the descriptions fit better), I have identified the biggest obstacle as my previous interpretation of what the Introversion / Extroversion dichotomy represents, especially with regards to Breadth v Depth. Sorry to everyone who I have misled in the past with my long-ass duration mis-typing and I would advise to disregard every type diagnosis I have made in the past up to one month from now (I figure I'll be on the right track in a month). If you have any questions regarding this decision feel free to interrogate me here, or gloat, or rage, or be skeptical, or whatever else people do when this happens.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance you're 6w7 sp/sx? You've always seemed too light for a 5 to me, personally.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brains too confuzzled to determine e-type with this new information at the moment but if I'm not 5, 6 something is the best bet.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome home to ILE!

Introversion/Extraversion is a far trickier dichotomy than it seems on the surface, and there's no shame in mistyping as a Mirror (I suspect it happens a lot, and I suspect more than a few "Introverts" to be shy Extraverts) - I like Depth/Breadth a ton, by the way, never looked at it like that before

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your being non-LII explains why I never felt an urge to feed you into a wood chipper. Congrats on choosing an unshitty type.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the breadth vs depth issue was I thought I had trouble making friends in general, but realized that my definition of friend was too narrow and that I just had trouble forming deep friendships, not multitudes of acquaintances. Shyness is also a confusing trait I carry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Your being non-LII explains why I never felt an urge to feed you into a wood chipper. Congrats on choosing an unshitty type.
    Hahahaha thanks I think
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are less pesty than most LIIs

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've really had a chance to evaluate your typical mode of operation. I admit though that I had a somewhat forced impression of LII.

Are you sure of Alpha NT? But just confused on LII and ILE?

I'm certain of / at least.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said that a lot out loud in regards to people I didn't care for much at all, though my wording goes more along the lies of "force-feed him/her feet first into a wood chipper"

*duality high-five*

And yep, ILEs are just easier for me to get along with too

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I don't think I've really had a chance to evaluate your typical mode of operation. I admit though that I had a somewhat forced impression of LII.

Are you sure of Alpha NT? But just confused on LII and ILE?

I'm certain of / at least.
    My entire typing history consists of me being torn between ILI, LII, and ILE. ILI was due to me being Sure I was introverted and Sure I was irrational.
    With the exception of a 20 minute time period where maritsa convinced me I was SLI (lulz), I have never found any reason to doubt I'm in the NT club.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    My entire typing history consists of me being torn between ILI, LII, and ILE. ILI was due to me being Sure I was introverted and Sure I was irrational.
    With the exception of a 20 minute time period where maritsa convinced me I was SLI (lulz), I have never found any reason to doubt I'm in the NT club.
    I heard the SLI typing indicated she wanted to boink that person.

Nothing else to do though but wait and see.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My general impression is that you get along better with the Betas than with the Alphas, Crispy. I haven't really looked any closer than that, though, so what do I know?
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    omg, must be β then like apparently 80% of this forum.
    mhm

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    My general impression is that you get along better with the Betas than with the Alphas, Crispy. I haven't really looked any closer than that, though, so what do I know?
    Idk what getting along with people who self type Beta than those who self type Alpha has to do with my true type, but to each his own I guess. I've never put much stock in determining type based on forum relationship anyway (See my incident with Aleksei if you wanna know what I mean).

IME I get along with Healthy people, and usually butt heads with Unhealthy people (jk of course)
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you're trying to be sarcastic, but I'm not really sure what you're referring to. Are you saying that 80% of the forum actually is Beta, or implying that I incorrectly believe 80% of the forum is Beta? Since neither is true, it doesn't really make much sense either way.

I don't know much about Crispy, but I've noticed that he tends to come down on what I think is the Se-valuing side of things in the debates on forum moderation policy, and seems to get along better with people I think are Beta than with people I think are Alpha. Not having analyzed him more closely, I can't tell if that means he's actually Se-valuing himself, or if there's some other factor at work here, hence the inconclusive tone of my previous post. I'm not sure why this observation warrants sarcasm...
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In my experiences, and when I ran the data for the actor/celebrity typing list, the Merry/Serious dichotomy was the most striking and dramatic - an Extraverted Alpha with HA getting along with Betas makes tons of sense to me

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you're trying to be sarcastic, but I'm not really sure what you're referring to. Are you saying that 80% of the forum actually is Beta, or implying that I incorrectly believe 80% of the forum is Beta? Since neither is true, it doesn't really make much sense either way.
    Having thought about it further, you must be implying the latter. When I stop and think about the various instances in the past in which I've disagreed with someone's self-typing, it does seem like I type them mostly as Beta. I'd never really thought about it that way before, as I try to consider each person on a case-by-case basis.

Man. Ni-based thinking is weird and foreign to my brain, and very hard to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    In my experiences, and when I ran the data for the actor/celebrity typing list, the Merry/Serious dichotomy was the most striking and dramatic - an Extraverted Alpha with HA getting along with Betas makes tons of sense to me
    I haven't noticed the Merry/Serious dichotomy being particularly more pronounced than the Judicious/Decisive dichotomy, myself. Theoretically, an Alpha should get along equally well with Betas and Deltas, and get along with Alphas better than either. Of course, theory and practice are not always 100% the same.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I haven't noticed the Merry/Serious dichotomy being particularly more pronounced than the Judicious/Decisive dichotomy, myself. Theoretically, an Alpha should get along equally well with Betas and Deltas, and get along with Alphas better than either. Of course, theory and practice are not always 100% the same.

I've always looked at specific parts of the theory that I can get to work most, moreso than the theory as a whole - / valuing sent my way, at absolute worst, might be a bit pesky at times ("isn't it cold out? don't you want to put a jacket on, like a windbreaker or something?" ), but mishandled / can make my blood run cold

I also look at where the HA and where the Polr is at - Betas value and won't bump up against an ILE's -Polr (the "Which quadra do you prefer?" thread weighed in that direction generally too, with people favoring quadras that valued their HA and disvalued their Polr)...

I also notice that the Alpha presence here would heavily be an ILE's Mirror, possibly moreso than Identity, Duality, and Activity combined

Also, message boards and their exchanges aren't very Sensory in nature, so the perceptive mismatch between people could be very pleasing in an manner for an ILE, and with very little drawback...

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post

I've always looked at specific parts of the theory that I can get to work most, moreso than the theory as a whole - / valuing sent my way, at absolute worst, might be a bit pesky at times ("isn't it cold out? don't you want to put a jacket on, like a windbreaker or something?" ), but mishandled / can make my blood run cold

I also look at where the HA and where the Polr is at - Betas value and won't bump up against an ILE's -Polr (the "Which quadra do you prefer?" thread weighed in that direction generally too, with people favoring quadras that valued their HA and disvalued their Polr)...
    Yeah, that's something I've noticed as well. As an LII, I find Deltas non-threatening (due to the lack of Se) but somewhat boring (due to the lack of Fe), and I find Betas fun (lots of Fe) but sometimes intimidating (too much Se). ILE would be the opposite -- Beta would be unthreatening (lack of Fi) but fairly uninteresting (not enough Ne), and Delta would be fascinating (lots of Ne) but sometimes uncomfortable (too much Fi).

In general, I am both drawn to and repelled by Beta quite strongly (like a moth drawn to a flame), while Delta is a fairly steady neutral. An ILE would be the reverse. I'm not sure you could say one would get along "better" with one or the other, but certainly it's easier to get along with people who aren't always hammering on your PoLR.
    Quaero Veritas.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by golden; 06-09-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it wasn't a personal slight against you. Just a sarcastic observation that β gets overtyped here in general, and tends to be attributed to anyone perceived as confrontational or crazy.
    Oh. Well then, pretend my somewhat passive-aggressive tone in my previous two posts was slightly more passive.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you will return to the INTj typing within one year.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it you have personal experience with this incident

The only way I see that happening is if I feel so strongly introverted that I can accept being rational as well.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, wow. I didn't expect that since you always were pretty stable regarding your type. It also wasn't questioned much by everyone, afaik. But yeah, I got no problem with that, you should choose your best-fitting type.

Your being non-LII explains why I never felt an urge to feed you into a wood chipper.
    Do you really think this is a reliable indicator?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey Crispy, you old terrorist, does this mean every typing you contributed to or otherwise made a final, non-alterable decision is and was nothing ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crispy has some beta blood in him. I say he is LII-SLE

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Hey Crispy, you old terrorist, does this mean every typing you contributed to or otherwise made a final, non-alterable decision is and was nothing ?
    Yes
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes
    Keep up the good work, then.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rethink your question.
    Why?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have any questions regarding this decision feel free to interrogate me here, or gloat, or rage, or be skeptical, or whatever else people do when this happens.
    you sound fair, i won't be harsh.

also i've always understood what you said really well, i have this indeed more with ILE's than LII's.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact Crispy openly (and suddenly) dismisses everything before, instead of trying to reformulate in order to make it fit somehow with the new view, or sweep it under the doormat, makes me rethink his Te-ness :|. He may make part of the superior race of Fi-PoLRs, actually.

Crispy, I'm curious about your triggering reasons. And what's that Breadth/Depth, a dichotomy or something or an earlier discussion on the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    you will return to the INTj typing within one year.
    I put my money on SLE.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    The fact Crispy openly (and suddenly) dismisses everything before, instead of trying to reformulate in order to make it fit somehow with the new view, or sweep it under the doormat, makes me rethink his Te-ness :|. He may make part of the superior race of Fi-PoLRs, actually.

Crispy, I'm curious about your triggering reasons. And what's that Breadth/Depth, a dichotomy or something or an earlier discussion on the forum?

I put my money on SLE.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously? Half the forum are self-typed LIIs.

You just have beef with Beta because your EIE daddy hit you.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@OP
    makes sense to me
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I didn't notice the PA tone or anything lol. You have to be more obvious. Sure, you're forgiven.
    Haha, I must have toned it down in the final version that I actually posted.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    Crispy has some beta blood in him. I say he is LII-SLE
    If he has any Beta in him, it's of the IEI variety. He has the same coy smile as Nick.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    If he has any Beta in him, it's of the IEI variety. He has the same coy smile as Nick.
    Interestingly, that's what I was leaning towards. Right now, ILE, IEI, and "some other type entirely" are competing for first place in my mind for which one I think Crispy most likely is.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly my first impression of him was something like H-IEI-Fe. He's definitely a Harmonizing subtype IMO. ILE-IEI could work as a dual type.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast