Thread: discojoe

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default discojoe

My observations and perceptions of discojoe based on the 4+ years I lived with him:
    First and foremost, discojoe is extremely self-disciplined. He walked the dogs 3 times a day everyday (unless we took them to a park or somewhere they got tons of exercise) no matter the weather, for example. Quite admirable, perhaps his most admirable quality.
    When he did schoolwork, he was a perfectionist, always writing publication quality work even though something that would have taken a fifth of the time, thought, and effort would have gotten him an A. My Se creative sister does the same thing.
    He was very reserved and standoffish with people outside of his small inner circle. Around the house he was usually focused on things like gaming (mostly first person shooters), reading intellectual things, writing, and trolling/arguing online.
    He got off on criticizing people. Felt his day was complete if he argued with someone for hours and was deeply satisfied if he felt he had torn someone to shreds. It was always people he didn't like though. With people he cared about he was highly critical but didn't intend to hurt them. When people pissed him off he said really violent vindictive things. "I hope she dies in a fire" was quite common. One time he said he wanted to cut off one of my friend's faces and staple it back on or something of the like.
    He was extremely clear about his likes and dislikes and desires all of the time, as well as how he felt about things. He was completely confident in his moral appraisals of people. Generally I wasn't able to make sense of them, thought he was over-reacting or focusing on shit that didn't matter or simply didn't get what he was talking about. Always on the subject of why something was evil or wrong. He didn't care about logical explanations for people's behavior. His own interpetation of the situation was all he needed, and he was extremely confident in it.
    The areas he lacked confidence in were generally situations involving handling practical matters. Things like legal situations, logistics of moving, etc. He was paranoid to no end about all of these unforseen potential disasters. I would try to explain that the course I chose would be best because of this and that and the other thing, and if something went wrong we could fall back on this or handle it that way and everything would probably be fine, and even if it wasn't I'd come up with a way to deal it. This approach just seemed to make him more anxious, always insisting that there was some allusive problem lurking around the corner that we had no way of predicting and would thus be unprepared for. I found it frustrating to deal with someone who was paranoid about things that we couldn't even begin identify. I understood that those types of things are unpredictable by nature but that I could handle whatever issue came up when and if it did.
    His intellectual pursuits felt like some form of complusive compensation. He had to learn all sorts of things (which were generally useless to the practical shit we were dealing with) and had to put forth effort when it came to creating logical explanations of things. It definitely wasn't his default mode of thinking, but something he felt compelled to put a great deal of thought into.
    Socially he didn't care to take part in "Fe atmospheres" even when people tried to encourage and help him to do so.
    His humor centered almost entirely on impersonations, spoofs of songs, and shock value.
    He is extremely loyal and dedicated to those who have made it into his inner circle and unwilling to let them go even if he hasn't spoken to them in many years. Once a friend, always a friend... Unless, of course, they try to break out of it, in which case he fights to save the relationship at all costs. If it's not possible, he decides they're obviously evil sociopaths with no heart who are deeply flawed psychologically and simply refuse to acknowledge it. (Okay, maybe that last bit was about me, but whatever. It happened.)
    He prefers to spend most of his time in his head (focusing on his interests and thoughts) as opposed to interacting with those around him.
    He shows great disdain and disrespect for authority figures who he feels abuse their power or are otherwise selfish or currupt, regardless of whether they think they're doing what makes sense. Evil is always judged by his own subjective moral values and he is extremely confident and unwavering in them.
    Bottom line: His default, most natural mode of operating is Fi. He has strong Se and is an introvert. He worries most about Ne, and he compulsively focuses on Ti and is totally helpless when it comes to practical Te shit. ESI. No doubt.
    Things that make typing him from afar tricky are that he's extremely intelligent, stubborn about making his point while ignoring other possibilities (ego issues), full of rage, anxious and depressive, and coddled to no end by his mother.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the shitty formatting. I typed that up in the notes app on my phone and pasted it here because typing in fields on sites is a huge bitch on my phone once there's scrolling involved, and the return between paragraphs didn't seem to copy/paste correctly. And editing a post is even more of a pain in the ass.
    SEE

Creepy-Snaps

I called Gamma SF a while ago! ESI>SEE. But noooooooooo, he wants to be Ti, cause it sounds so much more manly and badass and tough guy-esque. Why be an ESI when you can be a kickass Beta LSI?

But yeah, I agree with ESI completely.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, bad thing living with your supervisor, are you alright ?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not yet. Getting there. (: Helps that now I spend most of my social time with IEI's who admire my strength instead and don't judge and criticize everything I do and say and EIE's who find it all hilarious, lol.

(And before discojoe I spent four and a half years with an LII and 2.5 years with a neurotic LSE, my son's dad...)

It's been a rough ride, but I'm headed in the right direction. I'm learning to trust myself and just be me. (:
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was joking but glad to hear that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

waiting for DJs book report on Joy now.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol cool. I've been making a conscious effort lately to be honest with myself and others about feelings and shit, so that's what that post was. Embarrassing, but it's necessary to step outside your comfort zone in order to grow, right?
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    lol cool. I've been making a conscious effort lately to be honest with myself and others about feelings and shit, so that's what that post was. Embarrassing, but it's necessary to step outside your comfort zone in order to grow, right?
    You are so fucking insecure. If DJ left you, good for him.

You're pathetic.

Creepy-Snaps

don't judge and criticize everything I do and say
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post

You're pathetic.

It's been a rough ride, but I'm headed in the right direction. I'm learning to trust myself and just be me. (:

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hater? A chimpanzee could pummel her and she'd ask it for reassurance. Just a pathetic excuse for a human being. 30 and still a child. Joy, grow the fuck up.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    waiting for DJs book report on Joy now.
    It's in my VI topic, lol. Difference is he supported my self-typing, but I'm not supporting his... hoping he doesn't think I'm trying to be confrontational. Just being honest about my perceptions and conclusions. His type is quite clear to me, and he did me the service of writing a detailed and sincere explanation of his typing of me, so I figured I'd do the same even if it's not what he wants to hear.
    SEE

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by golden; 06-09-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by golden; 06-09-2011 at 08:32 AM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hater? A chimpanzee could pummel her and she'd ask it for reassurance. Just a pathetic excuse for a human being. 30 and still a child. Joy, grow the fuck up.
    Welcome to my ignore list. If you want to reword your criticism in a more constructive manner, PM me and I'll consider your points and will remove you from my ignore list unless you decide to be a dick to me again.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah like the part where you told us he is coddled by his mother. That's type related isn't it?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Jinxi, please find something else to do besides putting Joy down.
    Now you try to rectify your past mistakes. I didn't see doing anything in the last thread, but since jinxi has illuminated the issue for all to see, you speak up.

I'm sure she (and her different personas) disgust many people on this forum.

Creepy-Snaps

You's a hater.

How old are you, and what have you done so amazing in your life, that give you the right to judge?

Besides, if you want her to grow because you can't stand her for some reason, you really think this is the best way to go about it?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Joy thank you.

I insulted dj by poking fun of him for being an obvious mama's boy, because that's his humanity and something that narcissistic, rich Hollywood CEOs would obviously poke fun of him to try and shock him back into his own soul.

It's like if he wants to try and bite my humanity, I'm going to bite his back.

I think he's very good at complimenting others but I can't tell yet if it's some sociopathic charismatic thing is doing or what sort of game he's trying to play with my emotions. I want to be his friend, but I have a hard time trusting him because some of his antisocial behaviors.

That's how I work. I'm instinctive. If you poke me I poke you , perhaps it's falling right into their trap but I figure that he just needs a tough, male figure that will argue with him.

He's difficult to get along with and to maintain interpersonal relationships with, like most libertarians are.

((He'll say he's right-wing but he's a libertarian))

Because well he does have a big heart, and I'm the same way about friendship and stuff that he is. I really empathized with him there when you said that.

And obvious you two sort of want to constantly hurt each other and stuff and I'm not sure how healthy that is but I have no room to take a moral high ground here, because I naturally enjoy the gossip.

I'm just worried... for your physical safety or something. Things can go too far.

And Joy I also think you can be quite abusive yourself, although I defended you in that one thread because DJ was obviously the one being the bad guy there. But you cut. You do. You cut just like he does. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but that obviously has a lot of downsides idk.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to my ignore list. If you want to reword your criticism in a more constructive manner, PM me and I'll consider your points and will remove you from my ignore list unless you decide to be a dick to me again.
    Not wasting my time on a waste of life. You're 30, it's time you grow up and stop seeking reassurance from a bunch of forum tards.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I'm tired of DJ's relationships being dramatized on this forum BUT I appreciate that you were non-attacking and non-blaming in what you wrote here, Joy.

Your description didn't sound incongruent with LSI to me, and I wasn't sure how it was Fi ego. But then, I'm not sure I understand this whole notion of Fe atmosphere. What is it, anyway? I keep hearing about it, lol. My boyfriend is SLE and I can't say I think he's super into Fe atmosphere, but he presses me for Fe all the time.

Note: please be decent and do not turn this thread into another slam-Joy shitfest. Thanks.
    Thank you, Golden. I'm off to sleep now but will respond tomorrow. (:
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Peter it at least just as insecure. Probably more so.

You are also insecure for bullying Joy for being insecure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not wasting my time on a waste of life. You're 30, it's time you grow up and stop seeking reassurance from a bunch of forum tards.
    Dude you're wasting your time right now arguing with her, and you're on this forum with the rest of us.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    Yeah like the part where you told us he is coddled by his mother. That's type related isn't it?
    Sorry, I know in light of recent events, you are eager to point out others' bad behavior, but I would argue that that last statement could help in figuring out his type. Because she mentions it in context with other issues/disorders/symptoms that make typing him blurry. Was very objective, perhaps a small snipe, but not out of place.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm eager? I dont feel eager, just felt like pointing out the obvious. And by the way, no... that isnt type related. Thats needy mother related. I know, I have one too.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

BTW, I like when Joy talks about her relationship dramas to me.

IEIs like that sort of thing and if she is my dual now it makes sense.

Joy has helped me in the past and taught me how to not play the victim so much even if what she said initially got under my skin.

She used to be so annoying to me but once you get to know her I think you will lighten up towards her or something.

But she is a cutter. People try to get under Joy's skin only because Joy gets under theirs.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    If you poke me I poke you

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BTW, I like when Joy talks about her relationship dramas to me.

IEIs like that sort of thing and if she is my dual now it makes sense.
    She doesn't sound SLE to me.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people pissed him off he said really violent vindictive things. "I hope she dies in a fire" was quite common. One time he said he wanted to cut off one of my friend's faces and staple it back on or something of the like.
    that's just exaggeration for effect, joy.

Your description sounds like an E1 who is sp primary. His perfectionism manifests itself most in sp stuff: Keeping his environment in order through routine, and details, and the concern with large disruptions of this (what you cited as paranoia about practical matters.)

And his moral outrage at everything was a sign of not being very healthy. That's what E1s do when they disintegrate - we become the most self-righteous assholes you'll ever meet. I have gotten like this before too. I don't share his sp concerns, but I've definitely been in my own personal crusade against evil before.

So, I think the description says more about his enneagram type than his socionics type.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The guy's world view is so , it makes my brain bleed just to think about it.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Joy:

The conclusion you drew from your observation that I have trouble assembling logical explanations is incorrect. The only difficulties I have are ADD-related, and I've found that I am able to rapidly process detailed information by talking to myself in a way that keeps up with my hyper-speed thoughts. That real time narration brings cohesion to my thinking and lets me bypass that obstacle pretty effectively, the main downside being that I can't do this in public for obvious reasons.

Jenna has heard me do this, ask her.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    :And his moral outrage at everything was a sign of not being very healthy. That's what E1s do when they disintegrate - we become the most self-righteous assholes you'll ever meet.
    Yeah, I don't do that anymore. I do get irritated and say bitchy things, etc., but I no longer become outraged at things I can't control. All that amounts to is wasting my time.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I insulted dj by poking fun of him for being an obvious mama's boy, because that's his humanity and something that narcissistic, rich Hollywood CEOs would obviously poke fun of him to try and shock him back into his own soul.
    I in no way fit the definition of a mama's boy. I have had complete control of both of my parents since I was 16 or so.

It's like if he wants to try and bite my humanity, I'm going to bite his back.
    I've already developed effective techniques for dealing with Beta NF psychological attacks, but it's always fun to test them, so have at thee mirite.

I think he's very good at complimenting others but I can't tell yet if it's some sociopathic charismatic thing is doing or what sort of game he's trying to play with my emotions. I want to be his friend, but I have a hard time trusting him because some of his antisocial behaviors.
    You little puppy dog, you. I don't know what I can say that will make you trust me, but perhaps I can offer a bit of perspective, provided you believe I'm being truthful.

I am good friends with an EII 6w7 so/sx. He is extremely perceptive about people and he always knows if people are being genuine or if they are bullshitting him. I asked him if I am genuine, and he said that my problem is that I can be trusted, but that I don't trust others, so it makes me keep a distance from people with jokes, shock statements, and snarky comments.

That's how I work. I'm instinctive. If you poke me I poke you , perhaps it's falling right into their trap but I figure that he just needs a tough, male figure that will argue with him.
    I'd love it. Very few worthy opponents.

He's difficult to get along with and to maintain interpersonal relationships with, like most libertarians are.
    Oh shut up. You know I get along with people fine as long as I like them.

((He'll say he's right-wing but he's a libertarian))
    Nope. See PM.

Because well he does have a big heart, and I'm the same way about friendship and stuff that he is. I really empathized with him there when you said that.
    One time I ate a pine cone.

And obvious you two sort of want to constantly hurt each other and stuff and I'm not sure how healthy that is but I have no room to take a moral high ground here, because I naturally enjoy the gossip.
    I don't want to hurt her at all. I want her to become aware of reality.

I'm just worried... for your physical safety or something. Things can go too far.
    lmao

And Joy I also think you can be quite abusive yourself, although I defended you in that one thread because DJ was obviously the one being the bad guy there. But you cut. You do. You cut just like he does. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but that obviously has a lot of downsides idk.
    Stop being so dramatic. It's ridiculous.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I called Gamma SF a while ago! ESI>SEE. But noooooooooo, he wants to be Ti, cause it sounds so much more manly and badass and tough guy-esque. Why be an ESI when you can be a kickass Beta LSI?

But yeah, I agree with ESI completely.
    Lols? Except I thought I was ESI for like three years, and that was when I was much more concerned with my masculine appeal. Now I embrace my more metro side while typing myself as LSI.

You = clueless.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, nevermind about the "Fe atmosphere". I think that sort of thing might be primarily in the eye of the beholder. I guess I just meant that he was standoffish with people not in his inner circle, even when they tried to make him feel welcome and encouraged him to interact. Probably not type related.

The remark about being coddled was a bit biting. I guess I was expressing frustration with the fact that he ALWAYS has to have his way. His mother is a sweet and loving person, but she has enabled him to ridiculous extents by telling him throughout his life that his bad/selfish/vindictive/enraged wors and actions were okay. She not only let him get away with anything, but defended him against the natural consequences of his actions and stepped in to make him feel better when she should have just said "toughen up, buttercup, sometimes life's just like that and you gotta learn how to let it go. it's not a bbig deal. you're fine." I've seen her defend my son's bad behavior, too. And I've heard stories about his childhood. He says he's controlled his parents since he was 16. I argue that he always has. This stuff is the reason
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleh, stupid cell phone browser.

Anyways, I think the way he was treated growing up is the reason he feels justified in always having to have his way and treating others poorly.

I definitely agree that he's sp/sx, but I don't know enough about E1 to comment one way or another. I always though 6w5 made sense for him but won't argue for or against any particular enneagram typing.

ADD can certainly complicate a typing, but I very clearly saw that Peter automatically knows and is extremely confident in how he feels about people and things. He always knows exactly what he wants, and I think he takes this for granted. No, not everyone is like that.

Ti may be his primary focus, but that doesn't mean it's in his ego block.

Kim, I think what you're seeing that grinds on you is his inflexibility and his focus on Ti. This is something that he puts effort towards (as both he and I have described), not something that just comes naturally or automatically to him.
    Last edited by Joy; 05-21-2011 at 07:06 PM.
    SEE

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    The conclusion you drew from your observation that I have trouble assembling logical explanations is incorrect. The only difficulties I have are ADD-related, and I've found that I am able to rapidly process detailed information by talking to myself in a way that keeps up with my hyper-speed thoughts. That real time narration brings cohesion to my thinking and lets me bypass that obstacle pretty effectively, the main downside being that I can't do this in public for obvious reasons.
    And I have Super Strength!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for his behavior in chat rooms, he's not looking for Te or Fe. He's just fucking around. He doesn't act *anything* like that irl. He's not being real. I do realize that you can only go by what you see for yourself, however.

The bottom line: I don't care how Asperger's or ADD someone is. *No* ST type, no matter how spoiled, would be so lacking in confidence in handling practical things. So lacking in "life skills". He's fine with the sensory stuff, but he stresses a lot and needs outside input when it comes to logistics.
    SEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by golden; 06-09-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when you guys switched quadras awhile back i was skeptical.

i find it hard to believe your typings though since they change so often and often appear to be self serving. using socionics for bad so to speak.

having said all that, if i go by how i react to you both, it is easier for me to understand joy than it is to understand discojoe. sometimes i lol at the stuff that he says...very funny....and others i am deeply offended.

with joy, i feel like a lot of bad stuff happened to her that gets in the way.

i kind of doubt a relation of supervision though, since joy is able to attack discojoe as effectively as he is able to attack her. if it was a relation of supervision joy would be more helpless.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast