Thread: Allegory of the cave

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Allegory of the cave

Explain socionics using the Allegory of the cave. I believe in you.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony Stark built the Iron Man Suit in a cave?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Tony Stark built the Iron Man Suit in a cave?
    So close! However I'm looking for a more complete answer. How do certain types react to the shadows, they could ignore them in favor of watching the people around them, want to control them, try to make their own ect. How do they react to being in the cave? are the suspicious of being in the cave in the first place? Do they want to leave the cave? Rule the cave? if they were to leave the cave would they come back? Under what conditions? ect.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't know what I'm talking about read this

http://www.historyguide.org/intellect/allegory.html

it's really pretty interesting.
    Easy Day

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The guy with the tie is ILE and the orange shirt kid is an LSI

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shadows on the wall in the cave: Pi

outer world: Pe

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Said it before a couple years ago in a post, and I'll say it again:

"There are more things 'twixt heaven and earth, horatio- then are dreamnt of in thine philosophy."

Okay I read the allegory of the cave thing. An interesting theory but something that no human has access to.

The Sun power (non shadow) is a purely objective cosmic force that a human being can slightly tap into, but we always get stuck and rubber banded by our perceptions.

It's impossible to have a haughty arrogant attitude thinking you can save and help other humans as a philosopher, because you're in the same situation as them. Yet despite of this, we struggle and try to do the right thing.

To be honest, Plato was just a typical interesting, introverted homosexual male who needed to think less and act upon his homosexuality. (The body is the hero of the dream)

Some of you claim that you have a more objective perception of other human beings but you actually do not. Because look at how we talk to them and treat them emotionally!!!

A truly objective perception would be neutral and something that nobody would debate with or even reply to. But you don't want that, you want stimulation. The subjective perception creates stimulation and drama, and so that's what you go for.

In fact, objectivity is overrated because when you get down to it, if you had a truly objective perception you'd just see everything as one black period. <<<<.>>>> That is incredibly boring as fuck. Who would do that? The more deeper you get the more colorful and subjective/broken up things become, but also they become the most interesting.

And when things are interesting, you can begin debating them without people getting so much morally offended. And now the fun can start because you can have incredibly interesting topics about all sorts of things without anybody's feelings getting hurt. Ideally, isn't this what we all want? Constant social exchange of wisdom, harmony, and love? That doesn't mean we agree and get bored, it just means we're able to give each other constant steam to express our views and artistic insights.

The observer never sees what is real. The Evil Eye watching all is a dead force above all humanity. When you zoom out to objectivity you get out of your own soul and being/presence in the moment. That is the primary conflict between faith and science.

See faith is subjective, but magically powerful since you are rooted back in your own body and you are experiencing life. Actually feeling things, and picking up sensations not just analyzing.

As soon as you begin to analyze a situation you are distancing yourself from humanity (Every single time) and you begin to understand things intellectually but you lose your heart. You make no friends because you're lost in ego world. That's why professors and teacher's pets are so lonely. All they need is a friend but they won't let themselves get close.

We're constantly playing with the two of course, but they are in a state of constant conflict with each other, metaphysically speaking. When you want to be in love and just be human, you need to be back in your body and not cut yourself away from humans , analyzing them like a depressed emo philosopher. It's dead energy that everybody at the big, fun party makes fun of. But then again, you will perhaps inspire a few people on the fringes with your words....so it's not like I'm harshly against it all the time.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOl
    I was gonna say Socrates was a wiseass and a troll.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    LOl
    I was gonna say Socrates was a wiseass and a troll.
    A Dialectician, at least. D-A Cognitive Style?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought of Socrates as maybe an ILI (though I could maybe be talked into LII). Plato more of an IEI.

The gist of the cave in socionics terms is that there is an underlying meaning beyond the basic everyday phenomena that allows those searching for it to reach a higher understanding. It's kind of a dismissive way of going about it (though sort of true) that says that those who haven't seen the higher forms of what goes on around us cannot truly be trusted to make statements about reality (i.e. they're only talking about shadows). It's basically an argument for intuition over sensing, which I think might be why Plato elevates it so high. I mean, think about it. Ancient Greece: tons of basic shit going on, daily survival, warfare, a growing culture and civilization. Finally you have a time when not paying attention to apparencies isn't going to get you killed, a burgeoning intellectual environment. Plato's trying to sell the shit out of that idea, especially since Socrates ate it like a hero after being condemned for his unpalatable intellectualism.

As an overarching thesis with the rest of Plato's work, the growing awareness of the world from shadows to the unchained sunwalker is more of an internal placing of everything where it belongs. To put it in less bullshit terminology, ideas are Real Shit. Everything else is just a manifestation of the Ideas themselves. Plato is laying out in his own way a justification for an underlying order or consistency beyond the physical frontmen of his everyday existence. I guess socionically you might place that in the realm of Ti, maybe as a Ti-HA (by that I suppose I'm saying a general yearning for everything to fit together and insisting on the system presupposed by the beliefs seen as reasonable). I'd write more or edit the above diarrhea but someone's knocking on my door and my head is throbbing in agony. I hate you, Kentucky Gentleman.