What's so scary?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems to describe the kind of attitude that socionics "trains" people to develop with regard to differences in ways of thinking, i.e. the only thing socionics is good for.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by golden; 06-10-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most anti-psychiatry types are extremists who are looking for a way out of the box the psychology community is gradually cornering them inside. In the past, they were collaborative and left to their own devices; during postmodernism, they gained ascendency. Now there is an abiding distrust and suspicion of their role in society, particularly due to what has now become a lengthy experience of abused power.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Most anti-psychiatry types are extremists who are looking for a way out of the box the psychology community is gradually cornering them inside.
    ...So are you talking about me? You could just be saying that anti-psychiatry extremists are extremists, which is a tautology, but I'd consider myself an anti-psychiatry non-extremist.

In the past, they were collaborative and left to their own devices; during postmodernism, they gained ascendency. Now there is an abiding distrust and suspicion of their role in society, particularly due to what has now become a lengthy experience of abused power.
    Referring to the psychiatrists, right? I've no real quarrel with this part of your post.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most anti-psychiatry types are extremists who are looking for a way out of the box the psychology community is gradually cornering them inside. In the past, they were collaborative and left to their own devices; during postmodernism, they gained ascendency. Now there is an abiding distrust and suspicion of their role in society, particularly due to what has now become a lengthy experience of abused power.
    Shades of Clayton Bigsby.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is what I don't like about this. Autism and many other mental and physical illnesses are sometimes caused by vaccines, for instance. If people view autism as just a 'normal variation,' then they're not recognizing that it is a bad thing that needs to be prevented from happening.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post
    Here is what I don't like about this. Autism and many other mental and physical illnesses are sometimes caused by vaccines, for instance. If people view autism as just a 'normal variation,' then they're not recognizing that it is a bad thing that needs to be prevented from happening.
    Autism is not caused by vaccines. That was an invention of a sociopath who is now facing jail time.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the article overall. However I don't think much could change, practically, as the undesirable to the majority will anyway be isolated, one way or anoter. I too think psychiatry is plagued with social prejudices, but that's nothing to worry about, as they'll evolve as anything else.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retmeishka View Post
    The magic of google and wikipedia

Parents may first become aware of autistic symptoms in their child around the time of a routine vaccination. This has led to unsupported theories blaming vaccine "overload", a vaccine preservative or the MMR vaccine for causing autism.[8] The latter theory was supported by litigation-funded study that has since been shown to have been "an elaborate fraud".[70] Although these theories lack convincing scientific evidence and are biologically implausible,[8] parental concern about a potential vaccine link with autism has led to lower rates of childhood immunizations, outbreaks of previously-controlled childhood diseases in some countries, and the preventable deaths of several children.[10][71]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

For someting even more comprehensive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_autism
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita