Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: oh noes am i SEI or ILE

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default oh noes am i SEI or ILE

    I have read a bit on socionics and I think I would be SEI-Ne or ILE-Fe maybe

    I do not know which one I is.

    Help I.

  2. #2
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is this some sick joke?
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes
    ok lets rephrase it, omgomgomg wats da difference

  4. #4
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,623
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    i would suggest not to think about those subtypes at first because they'll probably just make things more confused than they have to be. if you're settled on alpha irrational that's a decent start. how did you end up coming to that idea?


    this is copied from elsewhere if you feel like taking a shot at it, to help us get to know you -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs
    Here they are. Remember to just write whatever you want even if it's not relevant to the question, and you don't have to answer all of them. Also, just try to be as honest with yourself as possible and try not to refer to socionics terms.

    Who are you?
    What are you interests?
    What do you do for a living?
    Are you in school? How do/did you like it?
    Future goals? Past experiences?
    What are your friends like?
    What would you say the focal point of your life is?
    Beliefs? General thoughts about w/e?
    How would you describe yourself compared to others?
    How would others describe you?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh well, subtypes looked simple. =P
    I am indeed alpha and irrational for sure.

    Who are you?
    I am daffy and I hate this question.

    What are you interests?
    I have pretty creative interests, such as writing random shit, playing music, drawing, acting, etc. I also enjoy learning in general. I am a total animal nerd and I know pretty much every single useless detail about them like all the species of cats and dogs. Hehe. I also kind of obviously like psychology because I think it's fascinating to see how the human mind works. I enjoy knowing how things works in generals, so being an engineer looks pretty interesting. Languages are pretty cool too, maybe you can see it but english is not my main language. I also like being people, dunno if it counts as an interest.

    What do you do for a living?
    I'm still an old boring student, but I have worked in summer camps in the summer and this is pretty awesome. I'd like to be some kind of journalist though.

    Are you in school? How do/did you like it?

    Yeah, I'm in school. Like I said I love learning so I don't hate school that much. However it really depends on the teacher. I don't like it when they impose structures. This is why I'm not the number one fan of chemistry and all that. I like doing random stuff, but I hate how you have to work with steps and do it the way the teacher wants it. If they let us do it our own way it would be more efficient for them and for us. I think it's also too slow and they keep repeating the same thing over and over again, I want more newnewnewnew. I also really like to debate and argue and I wish teachers would encourage that instead of giving us detentions when we dont agree with them. Bleh! As for cheating, I don't really see it as something that is moral. For example, once we had to learn about the capitals of the world. This is something that I am interested in, so I studied like mad. Another time we had some dumb useless grammar terms exam which I didnt give a shit about, so I cheated. I like maths because I like to understand how a system/formula/whatever works. It sucks when teachers just tell us oh do this do this but dont explain why. Wooh rambles ftw.

    Future goals? Past experiences?
    I don't really have any set goals. I don't really like goals in general, I prefer doing whatever I want in the moment instead of working towards something. It is kind of limiting.

    What are your friends like?
    My friends are generally fun and nice people. If you're boring, I'm sorry but you're out. Even if you're really kind and generous and blah blah blah, I can't stand it. I also tend to hang out with my friend's friends (which sometimes really suck due too much superficiality) just because we're all in the same group. Sometimes the "oh my gawd looks at my new dress" chitchat really drains me and fuck politeness I'm leaving. I'd say most of my best friends are open-minded, fun/funny, nice and kewlz.

    What would you say the focal point of your life is?
    To entertain or i dunno

    Beliefs? General thoughts about w/e?
    This question is too vague.

    How would you describe yourself compared to others?
    I am better than everyone.

    How would others describe you?
    I think they see me as someone who is intelligent, outgoing, funny, creative, who isnt very serious most of the times, who doesnt really like drama, who loves comas and who lightens up the atmosphere when it is too grey and emo =(
    Some people would also say I'm annoying, too nitpicky, that lacks emotional depth, that's a jerk (even if I try to be nice) and who can't focus on something boring for shit

  6. #6
    I'm a Ti-Te! Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You like being people, and people with comas? Hohoho, I think that settles it. You won't be needing a type where you're going sir...

    But really now, to choose between ILE and SEI with that response is difficult! You like cool light stuff/alot of mixed interests and are insensitive... but wait, insensitive? ILE, of course! IME SEIs have more tact. But be aware of your bias in writing, if you've got one; if you want to be true to your typing point it out if it's there you know :3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    You like being people, and people with comas? Hohoho, I think that settles it. You won't be needing a type where you're going sir...

    But really now, to choose between ILE and SEI with that response is difficult! You like cool light stuff/alot of mixed interests and are insensitive... but wait, insensitive? ILE, of course! IME SEIs have more tact. But be aware of your bias in writing, if you've got one; if you want to be true to your typing point it out if it's there you know :3
    I like comas ,,,, and people.

    I am a ENTP on Jung, this is why I relate to ILE. Although SEI seems to fit too.
    I am pretty relaxed/light/yeah chill brotha in general. I don't lack tact and I'm not that bad with saying it the right way, but most of the time I don't really care about hurting them it's because I don't want to create drama. Yet I wouldn't call myself insensitive.

    I'm not biased in my writing lol. If I was, I would have written that I'm blonde, sexy, rich, perfect body and personnality and single.
    Last edited by daffy; 05-08-2011 at 04:52 AM.

  8. #8
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Temperament is the easiest thing.

    What do you spend most of your time doing?

  9. #9
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you considered SEE?

    I get > in the way you learn tons of facts about animals (possible HA), and your interest in how things work (as well as engineering), as opposed to why things work... also, you like to get high grades the easy way too, just like me! that gives me />/ as well...

    And your dislike for small talk and what you call "superficiality" strikes me as a very > thing...

    This leaves Gamma and Delta for you, with a slight preference for Gamma (your distaste for a lot of what teachers do strikes me as Democratic>Aristocratic), and out of those 8 specific types within the quadras, I'd say an Extraverted Ethical Irrational type is highly likely, which leaves SEE and IEE... and I'm going with you as an SEE!
    Last edited by woofwoofl; 05-08-2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: had to turn a ">" into a "/", woooo getting dizzy over here...

  10. #10
    Creepy-male

    Default

    woof, none of any of that means anything.

  11. #11
    NinjaTim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seems very to me aye for sure. I'd say ILE sub Fi. Though IEE isn't too far out of the question too aye.
    Last edited by NinjaTim; 05-08-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: sub Fe, my bad

  12. #12
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd maybe go ILE > SEI, probably enneagram 7, and definitely awesome.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I read the description

    Types that value Fe like creating a visible atmosphere of camaraderie with other people. They enjoy a loose atmosphere where anything goes, where people don't have to watch too carefully what they say for fear of offending others. This means these types try not to be too thin-skinned, taking jokes with a grain of salt. However, they are very conscious of the fact that the way something is said is very important to how it will be received, so they tend to add emphasis, embellishments, and exaggerations here and there to keep people engaged. The best way to say something is highly dependent on the situation and the implied purpose of the exchange, so of course levity is not appropriate in some situations.

    Even after explosive arguments, these types find it hard to hold grudges, and can tolerate people they in principle don't like, as long as the situation is primarily social and doesn't require too close contact. They prefer misgivings to be out in the open; they believe that the silent treatment is one of the worst things you can do to a person, and only aggravates the underlying problem.
    This is definitely much more like me than

    Quote Originally Posted by Creative Fi
    The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.
    Err.. no not at all.


    @woofwoofl I dislike superficiality because it's boring as heck, not because of any really deep subjects that would create myself a very mysterious reputation. I'm usually interested in both the how and the why, but it really depends how much interest I have in the subject.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They are the functions I relate the less to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulnerable Te
    Image:symbol_p.gif as a vulnerable (4th) function (SEI and IEI)

    That is manifested as a skepticism and dislike for basing your beliefs, arguments, and actions on external sources of information. For instance, a SEI will rather trust the expertise of someone who seems to have hands-on experience, even if limited, than of someone who demonstrates to have read many books on the same subject. IEIs will base their opinions and views on their own personal insights and be, again, skeptical of "second-hand" factual information that contradicts it. "Don't trust everything you read" is a typical sneer of this function, especially when applied to sources of information otherwise seen as neutral and reliable, such as encyclopedias and handbooks. Another manifestation is a dislike for dealing with issues involving efficiency, productivity, and factual accuracy of statements made; statements are made according to input from other functions, not from double-checks against external facts which are seen as of lesser relevance to the issue at hand. Types with this function lack confidence in their ability to find relevant information in outside sources.
    This is very much me. I'm not THAT paranoid with encyclopedias, but I really really trust hands-on experience more than someone who would have read a lot of theories. I also admit totally lacking discipline for those Te activities. I hate it so much >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulnerable Fi
    The individual does not normally pay attention to the nuances of interpersonal relationships; he is either overly suspicious or overly assuming of his relations with others when they are not clearly defined. More importance is given to these relations as they pertain to objective mutual benefit; entertaining one another and accomplishing mutual goals are seen as the main focus, rather than seeing the relationships as rewarding in and of themselves. The individual does not expect others to be actively aware or concerned with his own personal sentiments, and so sees little reason to be concerned with those of others, unless they have direct consequences for the individual. Statements by other persons reflecting their inner feelings are not fully registered by the individual if not accompanied by external emotional expression or actions. Suggestions that the individual may have acted unethically in the eyes of another person who has not clearly expressed disapproval are met with bafflement by the individual; those that are expressed without tact are either dismissed or reacted to aggressively.

    Expressions of deep personal sentiments are awkward for the individual, whether coming from another or himself. He does not see it as his "right" to place the burden of his true emotions on another, both because he knows how uncomfortable those of others make him (even when they are positive and genuine), and because of his own awkwardness in expressing them.
    This too. There's nothing I hate more than expressing deep personal sentiments. I even have a very hard time doing it to my best friends or my close family. I feel so awkward!


    I don't really know. I'd pick the vulnerable Fi, but I'm not sure... I'm much more sensitive about other people than I am for myself, so that's why I'm a bit confused with that.

    Yet, ILE kinds of seem like "harder" (not sure of the word) than I really am. =/

  15. #15
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok look, if you are not a joker, PoLR and PoLR are two different realms, in fact it's more likely you're neither of these two types.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why do you say this, sunglassed man?

  17. #17

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yay i am back, so does anyone else have ideas/thought/insults/threats/etc ?

  18. #18
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,693
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post
    Yay i am back, so does anyone else have ideas/thought/insults/threats/etc ?
    I think you are looney and that anyone who believes a dual subtype is the reason for type confusion, then that person seriously needs to back up, discard their typical opinions, and try again.

    http://www.socionics.us/practice/mood.shtml
    http://www.socionics.us/theory/information.shtml
    http://www.socionics.us/practice/spirituality.shtml
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  19. #19
    I'm a Ti-Te! Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know what, it's hard to type. I need some energy.

    But, overlooking my incompetence for a mere moment more, I shall dub thee an SEI based on what you said above. But that is a remarkably shallow typing because it is.

    Perhaps you if you gave a quick rundown of what each element means to you, and why you like/dislike it? That would quickly identify why you are identifying with different identifiers, making it easier to identify your type.

    EDIT; BUT, if you want to take the majority opinion, it is most surely at this moment ILE!
    Last edited by Skeptic; 05-10-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I think you are looney and that anyone who believes a dual subtype is the reason for type confusion, then that person seriously needs to back up, discard their typical opinions, and try again.

    http://www.socionics.us/practice/mood.shtml
    http://www.socionics.us/theory/information.shtml
    http://www.socionics.us/practice/spirituality.shtml
    I am indeed looney.

    I also am indeed a ILE

    Thanks for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •