Thread: John Stamos

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default John Stamos

for some reason i couldn't find a thread on him.

Type? I've always thought he is SO hot.

Last edited by silke; 07-09-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: updated links
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure of his real type, but he played an ST, at least, on Full House. Almost certain ESTp.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He strikes me as an Fi-valuing type, most certainly not even remotely Fe-HA. Not sure which Fi-type though.

I really REALLY want to say SLI, though, because he reminds me a HECK of a lot of an SLI I used to know. Same mannerisms, same facial expressions.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

mehh. i don't have an opinion on his type but superficially the impression i get is that he's like slick in his presentation and ladies man-ish lol. which aren't the first things i think of in association w/ SLI but w/e. not my type, all yours.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    He strikes me as an Fi-valuing type, most certainly not even remotely Fe-HA. Not sure which Fi-type though.

I really REALLY want to say SLI, though, because he reminds me a HECK of a lot of an SLI I used to know. Same mannerisms, same facial expressions.
    I'm gonna go with him being a fellow SEE the hand motions starting at 0:32 give me over , his smile and mannerisms lead me towards over , I recognize some similarities between him and commonly-typed-as-SEE Adam Lambert visually (not a huge deal-sealer there maybe, but what the hey, let's throw it in ), also what he does at 1:17 and on, joking-but-not-really about it being "all part of his master plan" (I've purposely hairsprayed my hair and cooked lots of food and let the aroma soak into my clothes so I smelled like something someone would find... errrr... physically delicious ) - us SEEs are Farsighted types and all! I... don't know how much detail I should go into here

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I'm gonna go with him being a fellow SEE the hand motions starting at 0:32 give me over , his smile and mannerisms lead me towards over , I recognize some similarities between him and commonly-typed-as-SEE Adam Lambert visually (not a huge deal-sealer there maybe, but what the hey, let's throw it in ), also what he does at 1:17 and on, joking-but-not-really about it being "all part of his master plan" (I've purposely hairsprayed my hair and cooked lots of food and let the aroma soak into my clothes so I smelled like something someone would find... errrr... physically delicious ) - us SEEs are Farsighted types and all! I... don't know how much detail I should go into here
    agree re: Fi over Fe. Don't forget that SLIs still are good with Se. He is so laid back, i wouldn't exclude Si. I really liked the "master plan" comment, but i think it can be a Te-motivated comment. That was Te humor, I thought.

But you know, I wont disagree with your typing because i'm just not sure. One thing that goes against SEE though is that Ashton thinks he's extremely boring. I never saw Ashton so unwilling to type someone for that reason as with John Stamos. If Stamos were SEE i would think Ashton would be more intrigued by the guy than that. I know it's a soft reason, but I think it does mean something.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean. The eye brows+eyes and the soft blankness? Reminds me of my SLI cousin. Also, the way he negatively reacts to Kimmel's accusations of hidden sexual motives and also the Disneyland thing are indications. Stamos repeatedly has that "what, what's wrong with that?" look, it's definitely something unconscious as he does it when the audience laughs at him for not having any kids.

I have nothing conclusive though.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AIXEL!!! MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!

lol... I've always had a major celebrity crush on him... one of the few that i actually have. I think he's one of the most attractive men ever.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    mehh. i don't have an opinion on his type but superficially the impression i get is that he's like slick in his presentation and ladies man-ish lol. which aren't the first things i think of in association w/ SLI but w/e. not my type, all yours.
    U know laghlagh, that's exactly what my EII sister thinks too. She rolls her eyes when i say he's so awesome.

SLIs can come in many flavors, and ladies man-ish can DEFINITELY be one of their images, ime. But so can the reclusive gardener. Or the quiet hardworking loner. It all depends on circumstances i think. Also I think of the 2 subtypes, the Te-subtypes would be the ones more likely to appear ladies'-men-ish. But despite appearances, when it actually comes down to it, they really aren't. It's like when they are like that, it's that they want people to THINK they're ladies men, but they actually do want to find their soul-mate and be in a loyal relationship. E.g. John Stamos--he was obviously getting shy and uncomfortable at Jimmy Kimmel's suggestions of him wanting to be promiscuous. I think Stamos absolutely handled the situation with grace.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is definitely an extravert. I'm going to say ENFp, but ESFp or ENTj could be a possibility. I know two people that look kinda like him: one ENFp, one ENTj.

The ENFp:

ENTj:

which one fits? I think the first has a more similar facial expression, yet the second has similar features.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is he an extravert? I was thinking he actually seems more introvert to me. He often looks like he's sleeping.

I definitely see a resemblance with your ENFp friend, FDG. However, the smile is different. John Stamos' smile is either extreme, or sort of withheld--both very VERY similar to the SLI I knew.

And yes your friend does look ENFp to me as well.

But hey, ENFp vs ISTp--same thing really. Bottom line--he's cool.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stamos is still hot 20 years later, omg. I'm not sure of his type but felt it was necessary to add that not all SLI's emotionless and inexpressive...come on people, please...i mean really...oh $%^& he smiled, he's not sli!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Stamos is still hot 20 years later, omg. I'm not sure of his type but felt it was necessary to add that not all SLI's emotionless and inexpressive...come on people, please...i mean really...oh $%^& he smiled, he's not sli!
    its not that he smiled. come on, please, i mean really.

and he could be SLI, idk. just...meh.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly. SLIs can be very smiley. It's the WAY they smile that clues me in. I it!!

Do you think he's SLI, Jessica?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    He definitely comes off SEE-like in basic mannerisms but when it comes down to his values and the content of his speech, Si/Ne/Fi/Te is more evident than anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6oOYCF7bEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP-iY...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4yijeD0gS8&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBzKgFGrTg
    Definitely Delta. ISTp is my typing.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that's why he's been typed as extraverted, I suppose nowadays most people know that movie stars will still come across as friendly and energetic even when introverted. As aixelsyd said, his energy seems to move outwards towards the crowd, although I understand this sounds like pop-psychologhy (but OTOH psychometry doesn't have such a good track record either).

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't think that's why he's been typed as extraverted, I suppose nowadays most people know that movie stars will still come across as friendly and energetic even when introverted. As aixelsyd said, his energy seems to move outwards towards the crowd, although I understand this sounds like pop-psychologhy (but OTOH psychometry doesn't have such a good track record either).
    yeah that's what i thought too. He actually sort of acts like he's sleeping in a way and then when something brings him out to interact, there's some sort of pause, and he doesn't usually do it on his own, he has to be prompted. That's what made me think introvert (and one of the things that made me think SLI in particular).

I do think he's Te-subtype, so he might appear more extraverted than other SLIs perhaps, because we are seeing his Te in action.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really not sure what type Stamos is...I only ever watched him while he was acting and once in that Conan interview so my typing won't be accurate but it'd be great to see him as a SLI...someone who's actually likeable with some personality who's smoking hot.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see Delta irrational for him. As to extraversion, we should probably remember that when he's being interviewed, he is prepared to speak to someone and sell himself to a crowd, and that his public persona could appear more extraverted than he is in day to day life. Everyone has times where they are more or less quiet, and it seems to make sense that he would be less quiet when being interviewed. I have no really strong feelings re his type though.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really not sure what type Stamos is...I only ever watched him while he was acting and once in that Conan interview so my typing won't be accurate but it'd be great to see him as a SLI...someone who's actually likeable with some personality who's smoking hot.
    Well all I can say is, as far as I've experienced irl, this is how SLIs are. I experienced duality with a guy who is pretty much his (maybe slightly less hot) twin in every way--manner of speech, reactions to things, humor, facial expressions, walking style, gaze--first typed him ESTp (and myself IEI) when i was just starting out in socionics (coming from MBTI), but soon learned how HORRIBLY wrong that was.

There's a new guy at my gym who is also ringing similar bells. Gotta plan some suave moves!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think the mental composite i have of SLIs is skewed toward Si subtypes.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i think the mental composite i have of SLIs is skewed toward Si subtypes.
    Could be... i recently met what I think might be an Si-subtype as well. I really like him too. Both are sexy cool in their own ways. But he does sort of remind me of Richard Dean Anderson so maybe this one is Te-sub as well...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well all I can say is, as far as I've experienced irl, this is how SLIs are. I experienced duality with a guy who is pretty much his (maybe slightly less hot) twin in every way--manner of speech, reactions to things, humor, facial expressions, walking style, gaze--first typed him ESTp (and myself IEI) when i was just starting out in socionics (coming from MBTI), but soon learned how HORRIBLY wrong that was.

There's a new guy at my gym who is also ringing similar bells. Gotta plan some suave moves!
    Ok, if you know someone which is his carbon-copy and you're confident he's ISTp, I see no reason why I should doubt that typing anymore.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Dunno if this helps:

Christian Bale

Tom Cruise
    Yeah! Here's some more:

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ok, if you know someone which is his carbon-copy and you're confident he's ISTp, I see no reason why I should doubt that typing anymore.
    I always leave open the small possibility that i could be wrong. Which is why i made this thread in the first place. Because whatever type John Stamos is, I can be confident was this guy's type. After all, things with him didn't end up working out... Not that things always have to work out with duals.

However, it seems that even without this factoid, many people were thinking Delta for Stamos, which does lead me to believe my typing is at least quadra-close.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI or SEE

I got a more delta vibe from him maybe

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

IEE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've kind of always thought Fi-creative for him.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every bathroom stall i've ever been in has an "i fucked john stamos" on it, without fail lol

delta irrational works imo. dunno much about him though
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borderline View Post
    every bathroom stall i've ever been in has an "i fucked john stamos" on it, without fail lol
    lmao wtf i have never seen this. thats hilarious.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borderline View Post
    lmao I've seen that in a men's stall.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I've never seen that before...but now i feel obligated to write it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESTJ(?)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can, watch his episode on L&O: SVU*. He fit his character perfectly, who seems to be some unhealthy Delta, most likely SLI.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 08-20-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: *Law and Order, not CSI
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think he is an SLI too...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He kinda reminds me of Steve Carell (ILE?).
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    He kinda reminds me of Steve Carell (ILE?).
    Not me, not by a longshot...

BTW ESC thanks for bumping this thread... i've been thinking about John Stamos recently seeing him on that Oikos commercial these days
    Last edited by Suz; 08-20-2011 at 12:41 AM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hey I saw that episode recently too and wondered about his type, lol.

I would probably hazard a guess of ESXp.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is an ENTp or an ESTp, considered ESFp but don't think he is Fi valuing. interpersonal conflict avoidant. social ease and grace. vulgarity comes in the way of appearances, not in personal character.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last part of that sentence makes no sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast