0 0%

Thread: What's her sociotype? (VI)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's her sociotype? (VI)

s
    Last edited by HERO; 04-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJ stood out immediately.

LSI/ISTj was my first reaction, but ESI/ISFj could be possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, LSI. She looks like she beats people up a lot.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-valuing something, probably rational. Needs better pics.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies.

http://www.socioniko.net/ru/type-foto/lf-fil.html

If she's Ij, I'd definitely agree with ISTj (LSI). She likes a lot of Beta music (although I'm not sure if all of the music she likes is Beta): [she (really) likes] Nirvana/Kurt Cobain, Neil Young; Tool/A Perfect Circle, Offspring, Eminem, Marilyn Manson, Bif Naked, Jann Arden, Three Days Grace, Radiohead, Seether, Bob Dylan, etc.

I agree that she's definitely Fe-valuing and most likely Beta. I've often considered INFp (IEI) for her, although LSI (Beta ST) seems more likely.

I think she did actually get charged for assault once, yet she said it was some drug addict or junkie or something, although I don't really know any of the details. Or maybe she just considered the person a snitch.
    Anyway, I think she just got house arrest at first, yet she broke it by not staying at home, and then she got a 6-month jail sentence I think.
    From what I know she's also played hockey, and she's quite aggressive and better than a lot of the guys, so I guess Beta ST makes sense.
    And she does seem more introverted than extraverted, and LSI probably is more likely than SLE (or IEI). When I watched Buffy, at one time Sarah Michelle Gellar reminded me a bit of her, so if she's LSI that makes sense. Either way I'd definitely say Beta for this girl (I'd probably consider all the Betas except EIE -- not that there aren't 'aggressive' EIE's):
    1. LSI (ISTj)
    2. IEI (INFp)
    3. SLE (ESTp)

For now, if she is LSI, I think she's Se-ISTj (LSI-Se). Although I guess she could be Ti-ISTj. For now I'm somewhat undecided.

Here are some quotations she likes:

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."

"It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone."

"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them." --- Marilyn Monroe

"Never Allow Anyone To Stand In The Way Of Your Dreams Or Your Personal Happiness"

"It Is Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away" Neil Young,
    Kurt Cobain

"Time Is The Fire In Which We Burn" -- Delmore Schwartz

"I Could Move Mountains If Only The Foothills Were Out Of The Way,
    Courage Is Resistance To And Mastery Of Fear,
    Not The Absence Of It" - Mark Twain

"The Mind Is Its Own Place, And In Itself Can Make A Heaven Of Hell, And A Hell Of Heaven" - John Milton
    Last edited by HERO; 04-25-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clothing suggests a preference for making an Se impact rather than exuding Si comfort, so she's likely Beta or Gamma. Giving the finger, especially in a photo, also suggests an attempt at making an Se impact. However, her gaze appears uniformly distant and unfocused, suggesting an Ni type. Her posture appears low-energy and reserved, suggesting introversion, however she seems more relaxed and "slouchy" than I would expect a rational type to be (who tend to be more stiff and somewhat awkward-looking). So I conclude she's an IxI type, and since lazybones suggests she's Fe-valuing, IEI seems likely.

Those quotes also seem replete with the sort of inversions that Ni types are known to use, and which to this LII's ears sound somewhat silly and amphigoric (Demonstrative Ni, I guess).
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read Krig the Viking's response today, and learned a new word: amphigoric -- "meaningless, nonsensical, parodiable, etc."

I agree -- IEI is definitely still a possibility. Thanks for the input.

Even my ex-boyfriend thought that she VI'd INFp, so there's a lot going for either Beta Introvert; and aside from that I always thought that she was most likely Ni-valuing (and probably Fe-valuing as well).

http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml

Speech Peculiarities [of introverted iNtuition]: " . . . vocabulary that demonstrates uncertainty that can't be reduced to a rational description. Associations and figures of speech not united by a central concept (as in Ne), but based on free association. Metonymy and synecdoche; metamorphosis; symbolism, catachresis; oxymoron; synesthesia."

I added a couple of additional pictures, although they might not be too helpful since they aren't that clear or much of an improvement on the clarity of the rest.

http://www.socioniko.net/ru/type-foto/te-fil.html

For what it's worth, my Mom never liked her although she never met her.
    Last edited by HERO; 04-28-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The definition I like for "amphigory" (and "amphigoric") is "Poetry that sounds deep and profound, but upon closer examination, is really just nonsense."
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I jumped the gun and misvoted ESI is what I hit, IEI is what I meant...

This is the photo that did it! Her facial expression looks exactly like a friend and guitarist I know who's the most obvious IEI I can imagine (awesome dude, by the way)... the eyes, wow... and she's definitely in the Beta quadra!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess that wraps it up. For now I'm leaning towards IEI-Fe (Normalizing subtype) for her, which is what I should probably also type myself.

So I think it's actually three votes for IEI then. I think it's actually quite common for a person to be mistaken for some other type from their quadra. Anyway, you can't always get it right with visual identification, even with the best intentions, yet at the very least you can occasionally get some sort of approximation -- whether it's temperament, quadra, Jungian dichotomies, something.

I'm glad to hear that there are some IEI's doing genuinely creative and constructive things. I'd like to actually learn how to play guitar. I've played a bit of piano for about nine years, and can sight-read . . . and I did try learning guitar (both acoustic and electric) yet never really continued. At the very least, by myself, I did learn some chords, and tried to play some songs I liked.

And thanks to Krig the Viking for the descriptive and insightful definition of "amphigory"/"amphigoric". Maybe, I might share some (more) of my "poetry" and "prose" and "fables" and whatnot some time.

I remember this one time, back in May, 2009 I think, or around that time, she once had something written on her facebook (or the wall or whatever): "What Do You Say; Do You Do."
    I think it was something like that. Perhaps there was a question mark at the end; I'm not sure. I think it's probably like do you practice what you preach . . .
    Anyway I told my exboyfriend [who was my (first) boyfriend at the time, although only via communication through the Internet until the one week I visited in July/August, 2009] about it, and he thought it was nonsense. Yet I added the numbers of the words: If you reduce them to single digit numbers they are -- 7, 1, 7, 9, 1, 7, 1. I think he was joking that they could be lottery numbers.
    Yet they don't all have to be reduced to single digit numbers; here's another example: 52, 1, 7, 9, 37, 25, 19. Actually, one could have many variations, I think.
    I think he checked the original numbers and found out that it might be some (cell)phone number I think. I'm not sure.

Here's my current typing of her:

INFp --- --- Romantic
    using 2 subtypes: Ethical Poet (Fe-INFp)
    using 4 subtypes: Normalizing Poet (N-INFp)
    using 8 subtypes: Conscientious of Social Norms (or Alarmed) Poet (Fi-INFp)
    using 16 subtypes: Assertive/Transactional (or Valiant) Romantic (INFp-ISFj)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I'm not really sure what my Mom's type is. Just because she likes Diana Krall and Coldplay doesn't mean she's LSE. Or just because she likes Rachmaninoff doesn't mean she's ESE. Who knows. She usually doesn't like to talk about Socionics. Whatever she is, I'm pretty sure she's not an Ip type -- definitely not INTp, ISTp, or INFp. And I don't think she's Si-PoLR, yet that's pretty much all I can say for her.

Well the reasons are probably related to that time in my life when I befriended a couple of thieves who I didn't know were thieves until it was too late and they had stolen from my [former] stepdad and I. I guess like my [former] stepdad, she kind of looks down on these rebellious kind[s] of people [since this girl was friends with them (not that all Betas are like that of course)], and doesn't think they would be a good influence on me, and obviously they never really liked me anyway. There are somethings that just can't be reconciled. That's life.

Oh, yeah, and I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. I'll still consider ISTj for her along with INFp.

And here's another VI thread I've made:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=35585
    Last edited by HERO; 04-28-2011 at 04:11 PM.