Thread: Type me

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me

I'm interested in seeing what the consensus would be concerning my type. Whilst I'm pretty satisfied with my LII typing, I don't dogmatically hold on to it as part of my self identity. Rather, it was the best description on wikisocion that I determined fitted me the best. As such I'm not interested in debating others on this. I am posting this thread to get an idea of how I come across to others on these forums.

Anyway, here goes nothing.

What are my main interests?

Music (Heavy metal, blues, industrial, some forms of jazz and even psychedelia.)

Science (Biology, Astronomy and Physics. (Mostly concerning gravity and light)

Religion, especially eastern. I like to understand these systems. I also want to understand why people believe what they believe.

Video games, especially rpgs such as WoW, Kingdom Hearts and the Final Fantasy games.

Philosophy. Mostly stuff that is concerned with the nature of reality and existence.

I also have a soft spot for paranormal and conspiracy lore

What are your main beliefs?

This question is a hard one for me to answer, it's not that clear cut for me just to put a label on it such as Materialist, Christian, Deist ect. If I have to put a label on it it would be Agnosticism.

It's not that I preclude any possibility of some sort of supernatural/spritual reality, it's more I think making huge jumps into such beliefs, is a little premature if not arbitrary without any soild justification.

Why should I take the claims of Christianity or Islam, as any more likely than something such as Vaishnavism or Shaivism, Wicca or whatever else have you.

I have just given you guys a rough idea of the kind of person I am. For all you VI advocates.

Last edited by Bluenoir; 04-28-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII doesn't seem to bad, I assume you've taken several tests, post the results from the ones that give a spectrum reply. However we need more interaction between people. A video would be helpful, perhaps also a video having candid interaction with others.
    Perhaps talk about your energy level and drive as compared to others, particuraly what they focus on and view as important, and what you take for granted or don't care about.
    When you talk about your relations with other people, what you drawn to and what you dislike, don't use socionics terms but use your own words and be as descriptive as possible. Attempting to filter it too much will make it useless. Talk about the same thing if you've had any interaction with forum members. If you can do the same thing for a few well known celebrities/public figures.

Are you looking perhaps for new or misunderstood truths or natural hidden mechanisms in Eastern religion or is more the nature of religion itself and what seperates them in our mental function?
    Why mention agnostiscism? Is that a response to deal with the dominant christian landscape or more a blanket statement to deal with religious or supernatural unknowns? Were you raised christian? Perhaps talk about that and actually get onto what the other salad bar philosophies or tactics you choose to use. Walking us through what goes on in you head on a general basis.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could go on about my energy level, but without any point of reference, it would be too subjective. Keeping this in mind, I'll post a video of myself sometime tomorrow. (It's a little late for me to do it now.) Then you can get a guage of my "energy level"

I am very introverted, and I find most people boring and vacuous. I don't like large gatherings such as parties, but prefer deep conversation with two to three at a time. Highly energetic people tend to wear me out, I don't like people who are emotionally volate or who are high maintence. I look for depth, intelligence and individuality in those I associate with

Are you looking perhaps for new or misunderstood truths or natural hidden mechanisms in Eastern religion or is more the nature of religion itself and what seperates them in our mental function
    It's more to do with the nature of religion itself. I would see a picture of Shiva for example, I always wanted to know what that picture actually symbolised. Thus by learning about Shiva, not only would my curiosity be sated, but also I might actually learn something useful. Shiva could exist, it would be foolish of me just to dismiss without actually knowing what it is I'm dismissing.

Why mention agnostiscism? Is that a response to deal with the dominant christian landscape or more a blanket statement to deal with religious or supernatural unknowns
    The word athiest, tends to hold the assumption of materialism in many peoples minds. That is not accurate of what I actually think, so I use the term agnostic.

I was raised in a very devout catholic tradition. Every other religion was nonsense, and science was the work of millitant athiests brainwashed by Satan. When I was eighteen, I asked myself one big devestaing question, why? Why do I belive what I belive?

The answer I came upon, was that I had no real basis for my beliefs. I had from childhood, accepted what my parents and teachers had told me. Realizing my "truths" were completely arbitrary, I began to scrutinise them. They did not hold under reason. Just have faith was not good enough.

I then began to study other religions that I dismissed so flippantly in the past. To be honest, I found more "truth" in the Bhagavad gita then I ever did from the old men in robes.

That is pretty much why I study other religions. Where did these ideas come from, why do people belive them? I don't deny the idea that there is a part of me that craves a higher reality, that there is some sort of motive there.

However, I can't help but to question things. So far I see no compelling reason to put faith in the supernatural or a personal god concept. But as stated, my ignorance know no bounds, just beacuse I haven't found anything, does not mean it's not there.

I hope this answers some of your questions.
    Last edited by Bluenoir; 04-28-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita