Thread: "IEIs believe in a bright future"

Creepy-oldaccount

Default "IEIs believe in a bright future"

Last edited by oldaccount; 08-10-2015 at 03:00 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Inclined to optimism, believes in a bright future."
    Yes

TIM
    ILE ELVF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother self type as an IEI and she's very optimistic about the near future, I think it gives her something to aim for.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do believe in a bright future. On the other side, I don't consider myself as a happy peppy optimist as I can easily see flows in things that are not "perfect" enough for my personal understanding but that's might be due to my enneagram type as well.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

No matter how bad it gets I usually believe it will get better. Maybe not in that moment but the future is always going to be better than it is right now. At least that has been something I relied on since childhood. Makes living in the moment a bit easier by thinking "this will pass". That attitude helped me get through a lot of misery. Maybe this is where not living in the moment is useful. A strong imagination has spared me from feeling the full force of several traumatic experiences. I wonder if optimism requires an ability to disassociate from the present on some level.

My experience is that life can be like a maze or a puzzle and I am going to bump into a lot of walls searching for exits and missing pieces but there is some kind of cycle to it. It also seems that what you put out you get back even if it takes 20 years so I try to plan things (when I plan) from that perspective. When I am feeling pessimistic I just have to find that one thread to lead me out of the darkness.

Ariadne's Thread

© Romany Steele
    saphael.homemail.com.au/
    oil on canvas, 91cm x 61 cms

Edit: When I was a child my aunt used to take me to this huge maze in a park and send me in alone and tell me to figure my own way out. I remember getting stuck and crying, a few times, until a stranger would set me on the right track again. It has become a metaphor for my life.
    Last edited by Aylen; 05-15-2015 at 08:43 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought everyone believes it will get better.

Hmmm thread sounds like life always gotta be bad

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7576 View Post
    I've been reading many descriptions of the IEI type and most of them says something or other about its inherent optimism. Let's take Gulenko's: "Inclined to optimism, believes in a bright future." Does that work with you? I don't know if it's because I was born where I was, but I'm inclined to believe things will work out for the worst — except when considered in the eschatological sense, but that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm very curious about how that manifests, if it actually does, on the lives of the others here. Comments?
    Someone who thinks like you should be avoided.

Thinking things will work out for the worst is caustic to you and your surroundings.

The dark side I sense in your avi.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really can't relate to all this. People always accused me of being a pessimist; I disagree: I tend to see myself as a realist, and, since things are so bad, the resulting prognostics couldn't be bright. There were occasions when I didn't think bad enough about a given situation, and maybe we can call that "optimism", but besides that... The best I can do is hope for the best on a different level: that everything participates in a higher scheme of things and has, therefore, a good purpose — ultimately, that includes evil (of which I can see a lot around). So, I do see the summum bonum on the end of the road, but the road itself is but pain on top of pain. Maybe this is what happens when you mix IEIrness and depression.

Hadn't seen your post before, sorry. Well, can't say it gotta be bad, but it surely feels like it, doesn't it?
    Na my thorns on my bed are my crown

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mr 7576 that is not the number of the beast.

BTW no one buys 'where you came from' with that huge word I read in Rome. Peace.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There was this TV series, I believe it was called My name is Earl (it was something to that effect). There was one episode when someone was just released from prison, so he was given a party; there he was, smiling, when his brother comes from behind him with a knife, to cut the cake, and he jumps from the chair and knocks him out. Terrorized, he mutters: "I guess I've left prison, but prison hasn't left me."

You know, that behavior was misplaced on a happy party, but I'm sure it would have been very useful to react that quickly at the prison if someone approached him with a knife. Likewise, perhaps I would be caustic if I was to walk on the Hanging Gardens, under the sweet autumnal lights, but my mindset works fine here.

Optimism or pessimism, I do my best on the things I do, because I believe that to be my responsibility; when that's not enough, not only I'm not depressed because of my failure — I've done all I could, so there's no blame —, but I'm not despaired by being surprised by an unexpected outcome; when things do work out, though, it's always a nice surprise.

Talk about my country's "elections" work walking on the streets, it has been a very good thing to be so caustic, and here's the proof: I'm alive, and we can account, every year, for many who aren't. Perhaps, if they could say anything at all, or post in forums, they would quote Rimbaud: "Par délicatesse j'ai perdu ma vie."
    I did prison when I was younger.

I learned how to reupholster couches, very useful

On day release we went to McDonald's.

Cause I was the only one who could drive me getting them there made me 'important'

BTW turnkey don't give you real knifes.

Say one thing next useful or goodbye or come back under some other name

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I've been reading many descriptions of the IEI type and most of them says something or other about its inherent optimism. Let's take Gulenko's: "Inclined to optimism, believes in a bright future." Does that work with you? I don't know if it's because I was born where I was, but I'm inclined to believe things will work out for the worst — except when considered in the eschatological sense, but that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm very curious about how that manifests, if it actually does, on the lives of the others here. Comments?
    Have you considered another type? Not saying you are not IEI but I know a couple ILI who are pretty pessimistic, It can be tiring to be around people like that because there is not much you can say to them to make them see things differently which causes a lot of people to withdraw from them and that just perpetuates their perception. The change has to come from within if you even want a change. If all else fails find a dual. I heard it is a miracle cure for some. <-- had to strike that out as I don't believe it cures pessimism or depression and not really feeling that facetious today. Sorry...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im an IEI positivist optimist and I do not really believe in a bright future. I think now is fine and that time makes things that arent fine easier to deal with, but in general I think the future is basically just more of the same, but with mildly less racism every 10 years or so.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Im an IEI positivist optimist and I do not really believe in a bright future. I think now is fine and that time makes things that arent fine easier to deal with, but in general I think the future is basically just more of the same, but with mildly less racism every 10 years or so.
    I am also pretty happy with my present but I still see the future as getting even better. All the stuff I set into motion weeks, months or years ago will eventually come to fruition and that can only be better for me. If I step on a tack I now know that it will feel much better when someone pulls it out even if I am traumatized in the moment. A spray of bactine and a bandage takes care of that. Nothing like pain to bring you into the moment though.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I can't like this post or mark it as constructive, otherwise I would; thank you very much.
    Just in case you are wondering what I am talking about:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ldhood-Traumas

Ni theoretically learns from the past which helps to "predict" the future.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hello, Aylen.

Yes, I've considered another types. But if I was to doubt one of the four letters (I'm primarily thinking about types using the Myers-Briggs system), it wouldn't be the "F", but the "P", I believe. The first time I ever read an INFP description, it was the best description of my behavior, external and internal, I had ever seen.

I'm thinking here my pessimism is more accidental than structural; Words inspired me that idea.

Regards,

So you feel you are INFP in MBTI? My sister is INFP/EII. She has always been less optimistic than me. She really has to work at it sometimes. She does affirmations and self help stuff a lot.

YWIMW

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Lately when I think of optimism Perfect Circle - Blue starts playing in my head.

Was just reading more of my "human design" chart and it occurred to me that I have optimism built into my personality in several different personality type systems Even the ones that go only by birthdate information without quizzes.

I am sure that being optimistic is something a bit unique for each person and I don't always present the face of optimism but I still feel it. I am not the overly cheerful, peppy type either as @Velvet mentioned for herself. If anything I feel content more than I feel happy. I am usually not all sunshine and rainbows happy like my ESE sister. I value my shadow for what it is and it is mostly in areas where I lack enough knowledge or wisdom, that I let it rule me, even if I do have some experience. Transmuting my darkness can be intense but enlightening.

Incidentally my chart is a pretty good overall match for a 459 sx/sp...

Edit @7576

When the suicidal thoughts begin before you're 10 years old, you know you're in for some fun in life.
    There is another thread here somewhere more related to this. I will link when I find it but the op may have deleted some of his stuff.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yes, I'm sorry; got myself too carried away and forgot I'm not allowed to share details about my life. I don't usually have this kind of conversation, so I misbehaved a little.

I think you just lost me. Of course you can share details. The more the better. I was just in a conversation in another thread where I was talking about something similar and wanted to show you.

Edit: yes

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm only outwardly optimistic and only when it concerns other people's problems. i'm worrying all the time and always expect the worst. i hope for the best, too. (then i get all nervous going from one extreme to the other.)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I wasn't asking you to convince me, just wanted to understand your line of thought on that. Hadn't ever consider a Dumas, so I have something to study right now, thank you.
    I had a dream last night about asking/declaring types but I didn't look further into it until now. I used to think left 4 dead was an asking type but if you look through her threads and read her posts she most definitely has a declaring style when interacting with others or alone.

Most likely there will be very little dialogue, as I have found out from previous experience, and you probably will not get a direct answer because it already makes sense to her and she does not feel a need to elaborate but hey, she noticed you.

So far you seem to have an asking style but I wouldn't use that to type you. BUT if you like to eat food then you must be SEI, just saying...

Askers
    Tendency to dialogue.
    Much of what an asker says seems more question-like, even statements.

Declarers
    Tendency to monologue.
    Much of what a declarer says seems more statement-like, even questions.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/dichotomies/r4t1

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Well, I've read this description of the ISFp type, then what Reinin writes about it on his book then the last chapter of Lenore Thomson's book Personality types: An owner's manual (which is about introvert feeling and the INXP types), then the male INSp portrait by Beskova, then Filatova's (I really can't relate to some of this one)... now I think I need to rest for a little bit, I realize I need to eat something.

Is Left 4 dead a she? @Vinnatan was right, then, if women around here choose nicknames like that. But anyway, I'm thankful for her comment; it took me to a whole new line of thought.

Now, I actually believe I have a tendency to monologue, Aylen. As for food, I don't know if I can say I like eating; this is what I don't agree about Filatova's description, by the way: I just eat anything, and there were times when I had to eat some inedible things as well and I didn't shake before it; thus, I eat because I must, and what and when I can — and experience shows I can go days without it and still be functional —; but, yes, I do enjoy a cup of coffee, a calm place to be with my thoughts and/or a good book.

I'll have to study and reflect more about this.
    I was teasing about the food.

Yes left4 is female and cool that you got something from it. I saw a bit of what you wrote in other threads and see what you mean by a tendency to monologue but still it comes off as if you are asking, to me. I have not read enough to even make a serious guess at your type. I have talked to some people for months and have not attempted to type them. Sometimes an impression will hit me though and I will share it.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Well, I don't remember anyone being so direct to me over the last decades. Not one I can understand yet, thought; still don't know enough about the types to recognize their behavioral patterns. I suppose I can be as hard-headed as that animal (what is that anyway, a bear, a bunny?), sticking to a conclusion (as in "you've graded my test incorrectly"), but not by repeating the same argument over and over again ("but x equals twelve"), despite what is thrown at me. It does look like my discussion with a mathematician about dividing by zero. And, this is not a relevant comment at all, but the soundtrack of the video is scary, by the way. Oh, and I don't know why, but "I do not have conceptual mistakes and I did not make a math error. I've solved the problem and find that x equals twelve; it's the right answer" made me laugh .
    At least you ask a lot a questions and seem to want to understand. I can be stubborn too and I probably won't change my mind on my own type, which I decided very quickly after joining. I was a bit thrown off because I almost always tested INFJ in MBTI so my first thought was I must be INFj (EII) in socionics but when I read the descriptions and function order it was so off that I knew it was not the same. I pretty much let instinct take me from there. The only quadra that felt really comfortable for me was Beta. I chose my type based on intuition and vibes. Making logical sense of my choice of IEI came over the next months when I had read enough to see how it applied to me specifically especially to me in the past. So yeah I may have been stubborn when others suggested another type but that is because I knew they were wrong and also the way they presented it to me.

I tend to shut people down pretty quick when they present information to me in fact form, e.g. "This is what you are." I am a little more receptive to their ideas if they give me a type suggestion without a "and this is final" at the end. My only advice if you are still unsure of your type is to keep open to people's suggestion but don't let anyone tell you who you are because if you don't know how is some stranger on the internet going to tell you?

Over the past year I have read more about socionics and now I have information that supports my self type but in the beginning I just quickly went through the functions and dichotomies and was able to choose a type. It would have drove me crazy to keep exploring different types in search for the right one. I like to feel things are settled and when they are not I feel a bit stressed until I have enough information to give myself a solution.

Maybe the character in her video is LII. Not saying you are...

LIIs are often highly attuned to the premises of logical consistency and adherence to predefined principles. They may use such unifying principles as a basis off of which to make normative or philosophical judgments and often seek to communicate these ideas to others. LIIs can be difficult for others to understand because they tend to avoid explaining the intermediate steps in their reasoning, seeing only the conclusion as important.- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/t....ZtRNFZ60.dpuf
    Types that value Ti naturally question the consistency of beliefs that are taken for granted in everyday life. They strongly prefer to make decisions based on their own experience and judgement, as opposed to relying on external authorities for knowledge, which they use only as a last resort. They also have respect for people with clearly defined and internally consistent opinions, believing that a sense of internal certainty is necessary for orienting oneself in life. To these types, one's personal standards of truth are more reliable than public consensus.- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i....otlAssTa.dpuf

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by left 4 dead View Post
    I have some time off of work, so I don't mind graphing out the details.

But let the buyer beware, because you're going to see an ethical introverted intuitive's work, which is not like going behind the doors at a factory and seeing how they make your favorite product or cracking open a solutions manual and checking your work after solving a math problem.